Does Everybody Get Stressed Out Gambling?

rainbow

EOG Master
I know I do, I never thought I could ever go one day without having ACTION on anything, I can say that these days, I can WATCH PLENTY of games these days without a WAGER on it.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
In the past, but never again. Put that behind me some time ago. If you are playing smart, using good MM, getting good numbers, reduced vig, then no need to be stressed. You should come out ok.

dirty

EOG Master
I used to....But the Older I got the Wiser I got.....Stressing doesn't change the outcome....You just have to learn to use MM and Make smarter bets and not Bet More than you can afford to lose...

Still love that Rush tho....

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
rainbow said:
I know I do, I never thought I could ever go one day without having ACTION on anything, I can say that these days, I can WATCH PLENTY of games these days without a WAGER on it.
Three drinks at the Blue Marlin and $200 in your pocket - how long before you put it in action?

Therein lies the problem -- if you're betting so little that it won't effect you if you win or lose, then winning doesn't have that rush.

Last night was the first time in a while I've gotten stressed out on a game. I think it's because it was one of those middle of the week games that you know if you lose you'll have to dwell on it until Saturday. Kicked ass for 3 weeks in football, then gave 70% of it back in a 2 week span. Had my max play on UAB last night, with every # I had in my ratings saying they were a better team by at least 10-12 points and *getting* +3... They went down 17-3 early due to 4 dropped passes that led to 2 missed touchdown opportunities. I was irate. Then, the 2nd quarter got rolling, the WR's learned how to catch, and UAB rolled.

It's weird how quickly you can swing from "no way this loses" to "I doubt any of these win".