Donaire vs Inoue Odds for Thursday - WBSS Final

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
Boxing fans have a chance to watch top 10 P4P fighter Naoya Inoue this Thursday. The fight is in Tokyo, so it will go down early on Thu in North America.

It is the finals of the world boxing super Series Bantamweight tournament and it is looking like a coronation for Naoya "The Monster" Inoue (18-0, 16 KOs). Donaire (40-5, 26 KOs) is a veteran who is a bit past his prime. Once upon a time Donaire was a top 10 P4P guy himself, but that was a long time ago. See his KO of Fernando Montiel if you want to see Donaire at his best.

Inoue is 26 and he has held world titles in three weight classes already. It should be four, as he held a light flyweight belt, skipped flyweight and jumped to super flyweight for his next one. Nowat bantamweight, he is still big and he may top off as a featherweight as he ages. On top of everything else, Inoue will have his home field advantage going here as well.

Inoue by KO around the 4th round. Thoughts? All comments appreciated!

Super Arena - Saitama, Japan - Thursday, November 7, 2019
Bantamweight 12 rounds -
Takuma Inoue +250
Nordine Oubaali -350

Nonito Donaire +600
Naoya Inoue -900

boston massacre

EOG Master
All the Great Boxing Matches Lately have Kicked off in the Middle of Night.

Kov and Canelo started at 1:18 AM.

If Inoue wins, they should get him over to the States, to Fight a top contender.

Are Inoue and Lomanchenko to far apart in weight to face each other ?

Last edited:

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
All the Great Boxing Matches Lately have Kicked off in the Middle of Night.

Kov and Canelo started at 1:18 AM.

If Inoue wins, they should get him over to the States, to Fight a top contender.

Are Inoue and Lomanchenko to far apart in weight to face each other ?

Yes, the schedule is out of hand and them not wanting to start the Canelo-Kovalev fight until after the UFC seemed "unusual."

Banatmweight is 118 lbs at super bantam you get to 122. Feather is 126 which I think is where Loma started. Then there is super feather at 130 and Lomas is currently at 135 lightweight. I would say no, especially with the way the handling of Inoue has gone to this point.

If he gets to featherweight soon, a showdown with Shakur Stevenson could be a big money type of fight. Carl Frampton, Guillermo Rigondeaux and Leo Santa Cruz are veterans that would provide a lot of the tests you want Loma to provide, I think. Also Rey Vargas, Brandon Figueroa, Emmanuel Navarette and Oscar Valdez are all top guns.

I completely agree that he needs to come out of his shell and fight outside Japan consistently. He fought one in the USA and once in the UK, Id like to see him start to tackle some of the names we mentioned, maybe peel off 3 fights in 18 months and then "return" to Japan. But let's see what he looks like come Thursday.

Last edited:

boston massacre

EOG Master
Yes, the schedule is out of hand and them not wanting to start the Canelo-Kovalev fight until after the UFC seemed "unusual."

Banatmweight is 118 lbs at super bantam you get to 122. Feather is 126 which I think is where Loma started. Then there is super feather at 130 and Lomas is currently at 135 lightweight. I would say no, especially with the way the handling of Inoue has gone to this point.

If he gets to featherweight soon, a showdown with Shakur Stevenson could be a big money type of fight. Carl Frampton, Guillermo Rigondeaux and Leo Santa Cruz are veterans that would provide a lot of the tests you want Loma to provide, I think. Also Rey Vargas, Brandon Figueroa, Emmanuel Navarette and Oscar Valdez are all top guns.

I completely agree that he needs to come out of his shell and fight outside Japan consistently.He fought one in the USA and once in theUK, Id like to seee him start to tackle some of the names we mentioned, maybe peel off 3 fights in 18 months and then "return" to Japan. But let's see what he looks like come Thursday.

You mentioned the Opponent for Inoue, that would be a Mega Fight if the weights could be agreed upon.

Shakur Stevenson.

TheOddsGuy

Administrator
You mentioned the Opponent for Inoue, that would be a Mega Fight if the weights could be agreed upon.

Shakur Stevenson.

With Inoue, Arum has been doing the groundwork and politicking for a while now, so if anyone has the connections it is hopefully Bob. At super flyweight there was a lot of talk about Inoue facing Chocolatito Gonzalez, but that fight never happened and he is way too big for it now. I wish there was 1 or 2 more big names in the weight class. Inoue vs Tank Davis but I think Tank is a pinch too big.

boston massacre

EOG Master
With Inoue, Arum has been doing the groundwork and politicking for a while now, so if anyone has the connections it is hopefully Bob. At super flyweight there was a lot of talk about Inoue facing Chocolatito Gonzalez, but that fight never happened and he is way too big for it now. I wish there was 1 or 2 more big names in the weight class. Inoue vs Tank Davis but I think Tank is a pinch too big.

We have Big Names, but Wrong Sizes, for the Mega Matches.