Don't F**K With Scioscia...GM Gone

Heim

EOG Master
Moreno loves Mikey....

"After news leaked of a confrontation between Dipoto and Mike Scioscia, his coaches and his players it appears the GM has taken his ball and gone home.

The issue over advanced stats seems to be the issue on a surface level but ultimately it appears Dipoto was unable to work as a partner with Scioscia and Arte Moreno.

Going into the job Dipoto knew he was not being asked to replace the manager. Scioscia was the least of the Halos problems. His job was to rebuild the minor leagues while competing at the big league level.

Aside from 2014 he failed miserably. He appeared obsessed with getting rid of Scioscia from the start, pulling a power play by firing hitting coach Mickey Hatcher.

The former relief pitcher was unable to build a competent bullpen and made a very questionable trade sending Kevin Jepsen for Matt Joyce.

Before this season there were concerns ranging from his nepotism in hiring as many former Rockies as possible. To he and assistant GM Scott Servais bullying their minor league coaches.

Now after all the drama the man caused he throws a temper tantrum and quits.

Well done sir.

To be fair Scioscia is very stubborn and very loyal to his players and coaches. He’s a winner and did not need assistance managing the club.

Arte Moreno is also at fault for forcing the signings of Albert Pujols and Josh Hamilton upon Dipoto.

In my opinion the best solution would be to offer Bud Black the general manager position."

[h=3][/h]

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Don't F**K With Scioscia...GM Gone.

It was Puljos who fired Mickey Hatcher

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Anyone who knows anything about that club knows the REAL GM is Team Prez John Carpino (aka CRAPino). He and Arte are BFFs and CRAPino has been with Arte forever. He has made Arte a truckload of money. CRAPino could take out a knife, stab to death some Intern and even after seeing the video, Arte would stand by CRAPino and say the Intern was to blame. CRAPino is allowed to run that team like a DICKtator and he does. HE is the biggest problem. As for DiPoto – if I am the Phillies I bring him on after the season when I get rid of Ruben Amaro. As for the Angels – as “messed up” as that team is it doesn’t matter who the GM is – they are handcuffed.

rico1

EOG Master

I am not shocked by this at all. Bad mistake by Dipoto, to go full Dipshito. Scioscia is the highest paid manager in baseball with his $50,000,000, ten-year contract. Moreno was never going to side with Dipoto in any beef with his skipper.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I am not shocked by this at all. Bad mistake by Dipoto, to go full Dipshito. Scioscia is the highest paid manager in baseball with his $50,000,000, ten-year contract. Moreno was never going to side with Dipoto in any beef with his skipper.

Honestly - I think Jerry WANTED to get fired. He is gone. He gets paid and he can now GM someone else

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Don't F**K With Scioscia...GM Gone

Bill Stoneman, a good friend of Mike Scioscia's, is now the interim GM of the Angels.

Scioscia is in the middle of a 10-year deal worth $50 million.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Anyone who knows anything about that club knows the REAL GM is Team Prez John Carpino (aka CRAPino). He and Arte are BFFs and CRAPino has been with Arte forever. He has made Arte a truckload of money. CRAPino could take out a knife, stab to death some Intern and even after seeing the video, Arte would stand by CRAPino and say the Intern was to blame. CRAPino is allowed to run that team like a DICKtator and he does. HE is the biggest problem. As for DiPoto – if I am the Phillies I bring him on after the season when I get rid of Ruben Amaro. As for the Angels – as “messed up” as that team is it doesn’t matter who the GM is – they are handcuffed.

DiPoto is in the conversation but I hope he doesn't come to the Phils.....12io4j2w90Philly needs a new young face with fresh ideas.......someone who relates to the younger guys.....

Heim

EOG Master

Lol @ Rick Sutcliffe tonight saying Scioscia is a analytics guy because he actually replied once 'what does the computer say'. Mikey is as old school as it gets. If he was a metrics guy no way he bats Aybar 5th.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Lol @ Rick Sutcliffe tonight saying Scioscia is a analytics guy because he actually replied once 'what does the computer say'. Mikey is as old school as it gets. If he was a metrics guy no way he bats Aybar 5th.

Bud Black and Joe Maddon were the strategy guys on the coaching staff of the 2002 World Series champions.

Heim

EOG Master

Bud Black and Joe Maddon were the strategy guys on the coaching staff of the 2002 World Series champions.

Yup. Good point. Which is why Tampa was the first with the exaggerated defensive shifts & Halos one of the last.

Valuist

EOG Master

I believe that.

I'm not sure what makes Scioiscia so bullet proof. So he won a World Series.....in 2002. A lot of water under the bridge since 2002. Wasn't that the year the Sacramento Kings were screwed by the refs vs the Lakers? That was a long time ago. And the team that the Angels beat in that WS has since won three World Series. I guess that idiot owner is infatuated with Scioscia.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I believe that.

I'm not sure what makes Scioiscia so bullet proof. So he won a World Series.....in 2002. A lot of water under the bridge since 2002. Wasn't that the year the Sacramento Kings were screwed by the refs vs the Lakers? That was a long time ago. And the team that the Angels beat in that WS has since won three World Series. I guess that idiot owner is infatuated with Scioscia.

Was 2002 the year Sacramento was “screwed” by the Refs? If you are talking G6 – no argument.

HOWEVER

Let us go back to the final few seconds of G5, shall we. Lakers Up 1. Kings have the ball under the basket they need to score with just seconds left. Bibby inbounds the ball to Webber. Bibby goes to get the ball back AND CHRIS WEBBER COMMITS THE MOST BLATANT MOVING SCREEN IN NBA HISTORY – BUT IT IS NOT CALLED! Bibby hits the GW shot and Kings win by 1. IF Webber is called for the MOVING SCREEN Lakers win G5 and are up 3-2. Come G6 if the calls aren’t what they are the Kings win. HOWEVER – that would have tied the series 3-3 which is what it was anyway.

And how any shots did the Refs force the Kings to miss in G7? Kings CHOKED that game away when only Bibby showed up to play.

DO NOT take the same weak ass argument others do on the 2002 NBA WCF without doing your homework. You did and because of it you hit a very sore spot with me and one I won’t back down from anyone on and one I will embarrass anyone who comes in with the pathetically weak comment you did about refs and G6. Go back and look at the tape of the last few seconds of G5 and see what I mean about C-Webb then realize how wrong you are and how right I am.