Don't give up on the Dodgers quite yet..

Apple

Banned
Greinke tomorrow

Then two LHP's in game 6 and 7, one is named Kershaw.

11 teams have come back from a 3-1 deficit..

Dodgers still have a chance, don't give up on them.

Re: Don't give up on the Dodgers quite yet..

No chance in hell they win 3 in a row...ZERO

Especially with the last 2 being in St Louis

Right Move

EOG Dedicated

Three game win streak in MLB is nothing. Can't celebrate until you win 4 games.

tripp

EOG Master

Gonna be really tough, especially since im assuming Wainwright is going game 7 at home for st louis against Ryu?

I think we will get a St Louis/Detroit world series. Should be good, but im sure MLB would prefer LA vs Boston (even if Detroit has the stars to sell, nobody still sells like New york, la, chicago and boston)

cheapseats

EOG Master

not this year gyno.......their epic run looks to be just another oddity in sports ...

Apple

Banned

Fuck it I'm going to buy tickets to this game 5 on stubhub right now.

Apple

Banned

Its safe to say the dodgers will be favored in the next two, right?

game 7 Wain vs Ryu again.. Ryu outpitched him once, why not twice?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Hanley's injury is a major problem for the Dodgers.

You can't speak in absolutes without naming a price. I give the Dodgers about a 10% chance of the sweep.

Actually 10% was after I threw vig in there trying to calculate an actual line. Fair line is around 12%, assuming no Hanley.

Apple

Banned

true of false, dodgers will be favored tomorrow and in game 6?

ERBtheGREAT

EOG Dedicated

I'm sure it will go under for the 5th time in a row..guessing the line will be 7 again.

The way people are talking you'd think it was 1%...

People confuse improbable with impossible. In the top of the 9th in g4 of the 2004 ALCS, the Red Sox were probably around a 120/1 dog to win the ALCS (they'd be a 60/1 dog even vs an average pitcher but they'd be facing Rivera in the b9), and their chances of winning 8 in a row probably around 1700/1 (850/1 dog even vs an average pitcher). Anything can happen, the question is what are the chances it will happen.

Apple

Banned

People confuse improbable with impossible. In the top of the 9th in g4 of the 2004 ALCS, the Red Sox were probably around a 120/1 dog to win the ALCS (they'd be a 60/1 dog even vs an average pitcher but they'd be facing Rivera in the b9), and their chances of winning 8 in a row probably around 1700/1 (850/1 dog even vs an average pitcher). Anything can happen, the question is what are the chances it will happen.

I remember whomever was on sportscenter that night saying that series was over.. Wonder if they learned their lesson from that.

Apple

Banned

groovin let's say the Dodgers win game 5..

12% will increase to what ??%

cheapseats

EOG Master

st. Louis won't go through the pen to win tomorrow, the dodgers will go deep, starters included.....

Tough to say how the market will react to Ramirez's likely absence, but I guess LAD is around -140 or -150 tomorrow. Game 5 they should be a small favorite, but probably not by too much since Wacha threw two gems in a row, and I suspect that lots of people will reflexively bet Wacha as a dog. I'd be about 95% sure that someone like Sherwood would bet Wacha saying "I'm getting Wacha as a pooch, seriously?"

Right Move

EOG Dedicated

Well if you figure Dodgers are 55% to win game 5 and 6 and 45% to win game 7 they are 13.6% chance so the 12% number isn't too far off.