Doug Pederson Out...

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Draft pick mentality with 4 wins? He deserved to be shown the door. I bought down smartly but all the other bellyachers who couldn't play spoiler and lost money can at least cry, "karma". Good riddance. The worst fans in the league will be happy whomever is on the sidelines next season.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Super Bowl LII champ could not overcome a 4-11-1 season loaded with controversy.

Seems like the feud between Wentz and Pederson festered.

The NFL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.

I've always liked Pederson's aggressive play-calling philosophy on fourth down and, of course, his creative "Philly Special" trick play.

Last edited:

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Super Bowl LII champ could not overcome a 4-11-1 season loaded with controversy.

The NFL is a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately business.

I've always liked Peterson's aggressive play-calling philosophy on fourth down and, of course, his creative "Philly Special" trick play.

I wonder how much of the doings on the field were dictated by upper management or even ownership? i.e., taking Hurts out during the Washington game, or sticking with Wentz for as long as they did?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember when UNLV hired Mike Sanford as head football coach after a successful run as offensive coordinator at the University of Utah.

One problem: Everyone knew Utah's high-flying offense was a product of Urban Meyer's genius, not Mike Sanford's.

Whoops!

I remember when UNLV hired Mike Sanford as head football coach after a successful run as offensive coordinator at the University of Utah.

One problem: Everyone knew Utah's high-flying offense was a product of Urban Meyer's genius, not Mike Sanford's.

Whoops!
Same thing happened in Boise. Hawkins got all the credit and a shot to coach in the Big 12 but everyone close to the program knew it was Peterson that had the Broncos stampeding over the competition.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Same thing happened in Boise. Hawkins got all the credit and a shot to coach in the Big 12 but everyone close to the program knew it was Peterson that had the Broncos stampeding over the competition.

That's where local info is good.

You don't want local opinions but you do want the inside information, provided it's accurate.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Bieneimy and Daboll are the favorites to become the head coach...would like to see the Eagles promote from within...Duce Staley would be a candidate...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
1610432530996.png

Back in 2003, Duce Staley combined with Brian Westbrook and Correll Buckhalter to form a backfield known as "The Three-Headed Monster."

Last edited:

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
I don't know.

You don't find a SB coach around every corner, sounds like he didn't have control of everything.

He had a ton of injuries to deal with the last 2 years and I guess management/ownership gets impatient.

He did have some questionable in-game decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man Eagles are screwed with Josh McDaniels. He'll want to get rid of Hurts and Wentz and sign some other team's backup. I'm really shocked any time would give this prick the time of day for an HC job.