Down Goes Durant....

railbird

EOG Master
Warriors look like having fun for 1st time this season, ball is finally moving, not durant holding it for hero iso ball

MrTop

EOG Master
A guy worth 4-5 points to the spread is a non story? Sure they win without him because Curry & Thompson take off their
complementary hats and put their hard hats on.

ya know every time during the season Durant was out I was pretty sure the line moved only a point after he was announced to be out. Then playoffs it moved more.

Curry the real 6 point guy. They could use him in Portland , it looks like portland made some adjustments.

Heim

EOG Master
ya know every time during the season Durant was out I was pretty sure the line moved only a point after he was announced to be out. Then playoffs it moved more.

Curry the real 6 point guy. They could use him in Portland , it looks like portland made some adjustments.

GM 4 in HOU opened 2. GM 6 in HOU opened 6.5 without KD.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Wanting to play well without Durant is a factor not priced into the Golden State equation.

Golden State was beating teams like Houston and Portland before Durant arrived in Oakland.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
That said, I think Game 3 is Portland's best chance to win a game in the Western Conference Finals.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Wanting to play well without Durant is a factor not priced into the Golden State equation.

Golden State was beating teams like Houston and Portland before Durant arrived in Oakland.

Very true. Which in part is probably the reason Durant wants out.

Yeah, Portland either wins game 3 or they get totally blown out, emotionally tapped and given up.

Today's fence sitting class is now adjourned.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
So it's Golden State or nothing, Patrick.

Sometimes I hear guys make those all-or-nothing claims.

The thinking goes something like this: Either Portland wins by double-digits or they lose by double-digits.

Okay.

When the game lands on or near the number, expect only to hear the sound of crickets.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not sure the answer to this question: Do you think Kevin Durant was rooting against the Warriors in Games 1 and 2 versus Portland?

After all, everyone wants to be needed, especially egomaniacal pro athletes.

Heim

EOG Master
I was really disappointed with Stotts yesterday. POR was repeatedly beat on the pick and roll and for heavens
sake you're up 15 at the half going against one of the best third quarter teams in history and Stotts team had
no energy.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Looks like the backcourt of Lillard and McCollum were born at the wrong time.

Tough to be in the same conference as "The Splash Brothers."

Lillard and McCollum may never appear in an NBA Finals.

Valuist

EOG Master
That said, I think Game 3 is Portland's best chance to win a game in the Western Conference Finals.

I don't know about that. The Blazers went balls to the wall last night and still lost. Hit 9 more threes than the Warriors and still lost. An already fatigued Lillard logged 43 minutes last night. Just seemed like it was a deflating game, both physically and mentally for Portland.

Heim

EOG Master
NBA TV was great postgame with Hill, Isiah and Barkley. Isiah made a good point. With Durant it's two or three passes that find him for a quick three. Without him it's 5-6 passes looking for a decent look and killing clock.