Drake

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
passing acumen is up there. was betting them in late november
and as we talk now the value is leaving faster than 2018
gotta get these before the market, ya know.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Pomeroy's model projects Drake finishing the season 21-10 and 10-8 in the Missouri Valley Conference.

The Bulldogs have jumped more than 80 spots already this season from a starting rank of #222 on Pomeroy's ledger to the current rating of #135.

Heim

EOG Master
This is a great story. DeVries only had 3 scholarship players when he was hired late March. He put a team together in a few months with graduate transfers & JC guys.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This is a great story. DeVries only had 3 scholarship players when he was hired late March. He put a team together in a few months with graduate transfers & JC guys.

DeVries was an assistant coach at Creighton since 2001 before accepting the job at Drake.

Before that, he played four seasons at Northern Iowa in the late 1990's.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No college basketball action scheduled for Christmas Eve.

The final round of the Diamond Head Classic from Honolulu is set for tomorrow.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
passing acumen is up there. was betting them in late november
and as we talk now the value is leaving faster than 2018
gotta get these before the market, ya know.

Obviously, the lines are based on the Power Rankings that are based on tempo + efficiency.

It doesn't matter that everyone is betting them.. the only thing that matters is there performance compared to there power rankings. If you like them in a game before the line moves, bet them early. If you dont, bet it late.

KenPom and most efficiency sites are very slow to react to there initial rankings. You might say that they are still underrated at #135 on KP, as there has been improvement after every game since the Texas State win. If you think they are still better than #135, than there is value betting them, no? And if you think they have finally leveled out, its time to pass.

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Northern Iowa has been such a huge disappointment this year. The offense is hard to watch.

I don't think they have been a huge disappointment. This team lost their two top forwards, and were predicted to finish middle of the pack. Their offense will always be hard to watch. That is the way this team is built. A slow methodical offense and good defense.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I don't think they have been a huge disappointment. This team lost their two top forwards, and were predicted to finish middle of the pack. Their offense will always be hard to watch. That is the way this team is built. A slow methodical offense and good defense.

This is the worst 3pt shooting theyve ever had under Jacobson, and the worst to% theyve had since 2008. It’s an offense that’s all about being patient, hitting 3s And not turning it over. When they don’t do those anymore, it means it’s even harder to watch than usual. Not to even mention, the defense has been atrocious

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I wish we could bet on conference wins by team.. kenpom projects 7 wins for UNI and I would max bet the under. I think 3 r 4 wins is much more likely.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Next up, the Drake Bulldogs visit Evansville to play the Purple Aces on January 2.

Projected numbers: Drake -1 and 151.

Drake closed -2 and 151 at William Hill.

Final score: Evansville 82 Drake 77 (2OT).

Drake's pointspread run is over.

And a tough loss for all under bettors including Jb777..

The game was tied at 58 at the end of regulation and tied at 64 at the end of the first overtime period.

Ugh.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
UNI beats Bradley on the road by 18?!

Never did I see that coming. Luckily, I’ve been too sick to make it to the book today. I would have lost a lot on Bradley 2nd half.

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
GL with the Nittany Nit Wits I'm afraid Mich State will blow them outta the building but I only have Mich State ML in parlays so we can both win! Haha

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I have to be hitting 40% in college basketball this year

San Francisco was such a horrible beat last night also. 2 point lead with 3 mins left and can’t cover 9 points

Heim

EOG Master
DeVries is never mentioned when re great coaching job. Always the usual candidates by the CBB networks. I wonder if Coach K held student tryouts just to have enough players to practice?

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
Looks like the good ole Bulldogs are being undervalued as usual tonight. Let's see if their 15-3-1 ATS record can get even better.