Dual Lines

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Do all the legal books in the States deal multiple lines? is this the common practice these days? you know, like a sharp line and a square line to different people.

Do all the legal books in the States deal multiple lines? is this the common practice these days? you know, like a sharp line and a square line to different people.

I asked this question to someone at WH and he said it's really not possible to do because they believe regulators would frown upon it, plus they need to have a feed of odds that is consistent for all players for potential disputes. This is why he said they have just turned to low limits or outright bans of sharps.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Alternate lines are all the rage now.

Name your point spread and the books will offer the price.

Only one problem: Plenty of hidden vig with the alternate line offerings.

The sharps detect the price gouging while the squares fire away.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

Unibet (NJ) even has a little "slider bar" for some games for live betting, choose your line / total. Juice is pretty bad.sometines I'll take a look for a live halftime total options, when past the 10 min mark.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I doubt that would go go with the state gaming commission. I would expect it offshore though.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
i strongly suspect a book here in Illinois is doing dual lines. i will investigate further before i say their name. Will report back.

i strongly suspect a book here in Illinois is doing dual lines. i will investigate further before i say their name. Will report back.

Can't be a case of a line in Illinois and a line in Indiana being different, books will do that. I'm pretty sure if they were doing it someone would have found it already and reported it. All these sharper guys who are limited in many states carefully use others' identities to get more action down. They would have seen it by now.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Unibet (NJ) even has a little "slider bar" for some games for live betting, choose your line / total. Juice is pretty bad.sometines I'll take a look for a live halftime total options, when past the 10 min mark.

"Slider bar," I like the terminology.

I sometimes get my hand caught in the cookie jar when trying to save 20 cents of vig by asking my hoop team to win by more than 1.5 points instead of winning the game outright.

Don't let anyone tell you that basketball games never "land on one."

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Can't be a case of a line in Illinois and a line in Indiana being different, books will do that. I'm pretty sure if they were doing it someone would have found it already and reported it. All these sharper guys who are limited in many states carefully use others' identities to get more action down. They would have seen it by now.

i thought there would be differences between states. i am still working on my suspicions of this certain book. Bill, thanks for this info. i thought you might know about this stuff.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
It’s really impossible to do with a gaming commission. A person could log out and see one odds on the app... sign in and get worse. Would be so easy to prove.

also, very difficult for places to do that have kiosks that are anonymous.

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Slightly off topic, the greatest( or worst depending on your scale) was Jr. at bodog 2003-2006. He had 5 lines sets from super sharp to super egg and all in between. He made 3 million in bonuses those years so it worked but that was the ultimate profiling job.

Bodog was hilarious, I went from putting virtually every play on my board there (and winning) to putting about a play a month through them it was so drastic. I asked Calvin about his "fish" pricing back when I was getting the soft lines and he just smirked and said we have our unique ways. Ah the good ole days when I would lose money to Pinnacle every month but make it back and then some with Bodog and Betonsports

Rockfish

EOG Addicted

Yes, lots of vig in the alternate lines or pick a spread or whatever the book is calling it these days. i have looked at alternate line in the nfl this past season and noticed no -3 or +3 offered at times. So they offer every number from -20 to +20 at various juice but no three. SMH!

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Slightly off topic, the greatest( or worst depending on your scale) was Jr. at bodog 2003-2006. He had 5 lines sets from super sharp to super egg and all in between. He made 3 million in bonuses those years so it worked but that was the ultimate profiling job.

Not sure i understand. Was this a player that bearded in at Bodog and made 3 million? Or a guy that worked at Bodog that came up with the idea to profile players and give them different lines and got paid 3 million?

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Bodog was hilarious, I went from putting virtually every play on my board there (and winning) to putting about a play a month through them it was so drastic. I asked Calvin about his "fish" pricing back when I was getting the soft lines and he just smirked and said we have our unique ways. Ah the good ole days when I would lose money to Pinnacle every month but make it back and then some with Bodog and Betonsports

Bodog was great. Just didn't last too long for me until i was seeing the "sharp" line.
Also that place in Canada, i can't think of the name of the place right now. Their lines were real juicy or should i say their dogs were real juicy.
They were the ones that once you got up a certain amount overall on them they wouldn't give you a sharp line they just closed your account. They let you win about 8 to 10 dimes then you got the ax. Normally it was no problem getting your money from them but i had huge problems. This was after neteller was shut down to the US. The checks they sent me bounced. What a hassle but i eventually got my money.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Before i was ever offshore i only dealt with locals who fooled around with the lines with different players. That was expected.

Never occurred to me that offshore did this when i first started playing with them. i was totally ignorant of anything that went on offshore. First place was around 1994 when a buddy saw an ad in the racing form. We signed up at Bowmans thinking this could very well be a scam. It wasn't and we thought this is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Call on Tuesday for Sunday NFL lines. This is like a dream place for us. Call at 2:00 am on Sunday morning to make plays. Try that with your local.

We loved playing NFL pre season back then. We would get Phil Steele plays from his recorded line because he was good with them back then and the numbers moved alot. So we were at the OTB Saturday afternoon went to ours cars and got a rundown from Bowmans before the Northcoast football releases. Were standing outside our cars talking about the games and the numbers before the 3:00 Northcoast plays are given out.

Buddy says i love Jets getting the three. i say "whatcha talking bout Willis" that number is 2.5. We go over the games and holy shit i got five games that are different. i think, did i hear or write them down wrong? Both call back the 800 number for a rundown and sure enough many games that are different. Wow, now it is starting to dawn on us as to what is going on. Did not know that this dual line stuff even existed. From that point on my Buddy always called it the A line and the B line. Those were enjoyable days back then and i thought they would never end. i was naive fool then. Now i am just an old fool.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
There are so many ways to bet now which includes the insane amount of alternate lines and prices that's its so hard to keep up with what is what. I do know for a fact at the legal books you're talking about prices can be off by an incredible amount compared to offshore. Convenience of everything today makes it so easy to deposit in 10 minutes, place your bet, win and withdraw your winnings shortly after the game is over.

Dealing with checks, western union/moneygram, neteller seems like ages ago now.

jasson621

EOG Dedicated
Not sure i understand. Was this a player that bearded in at Bodog and made 3 million? Or a guy that worked at Bodog that came up with the idea to profile players and give them different lines and got paid 3 million?
I think it is clear but here you go Jr. was the line manager and his bonuses were based off of profits.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Bodog was great. Just didn't last too long for me until i was seeing the "sharp" line.
Also that place in Canada, i can't think of the name of the place right now. Their lines were real juicy or should i say their dogs were real juicy.
They were the ones that once you got up a certain amount overall on them they wouldn't give you a sharp line they just closed your account. They let you win about 8 to 10 dimes then you got the ax. Normally it was no problem getting your money from them but i had huge problems. This was after neteller was shut down to the US. The checks they sent me bounced. What a hassle but i eventually got my money.
SIA (Sports InterAction)