Durant Making Toronto Trip...

kane

EOG master
I guess that explains why the line is dropping and the total rising. Personally I don't think it makes a difference, I think Toronto wins handily tomorrow night

Heim

EOG Master
He practiced Thursday....word leaked he was at 60%. He couldn't go next day GM4 so doubt he goes tomorrow. I think they're just fucking with TOR preparation.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
He should at least try to play. 3 minutes per quarter might mean extra 6-8 points.

Even if he reinjures it, he will still get his money, unless they were lying and its an Achelles problem

Imo he could do the Lebron decoy thing

Valuist

EOG Master
ESPN billing this game as a "must win" for the Warriors. Let's not overstate the obvious. But can't one argue that it also is a must win for Toronto? If the Warriors pull out game 5 tomorrow night, now they get some momentum for an arena finale in Oakland in game 6. If the Warriors take that, now the narrative becomes "will Toronto choke the way OKC did in 2016"?

Maybe they won't, but A LOT of pressure on Toronto tomorrow night.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
ESPN billing this game as a "must win" for the Warriors. Let's not overstate the obvious. But can't one argue that it also is a must win for Toronto? If the Warriors pull out game 5 tomorrow night, now they get some momentum for an arena finale in Oakland in game 6. If the Warriors take that, now the narrative becomes "will Toronto choke the way OKC did in 2016"?

What seems to happen in these elimination games is the dog comes out strong. They will play hard until the favorite takes control, then its good night. GS 1H is a good play if one likes them.

Valuist

EOG Master
What seems to happen in these elimination games is the dog comes out strong. They will play hard until the favorite takes control, then its good night. GS 1H is a good play if one likes them.

I'm not sure if I do. I've been on Toronto in every game. Pressure didn't seem to get to them against Philly and Milwaukee. But neither of those teams have 3 titles in the last 4 years, and arguably should've had 4.

boston massacre

EOG Master

That OKC Choke wasn't for the Championship.

OKC was up 3-1 with 2 of the next 3 on the road.

Toronto has 2 of the next 3 at Home.

It will be a BIG CHOKE if they don't win it all.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Toronto has outplayed G.S. the whole series, except for the first 6 minutes of the beginning of the 2nd Half in Game 2, when G.S. came out, and went on a 18-0 Run.

Valuist

EOG Master
Toronto has outplayed G.S. the whole series, except for the first 6 minutes of the beginning of the 2nd Half in Game 2, when G.S. came out, and went on a 18-0 Run.

That is all true. I think everyone has written Golden State off, and based on their play, it's understandable. The pressure is off them at this point, and all on Toronto as they are expected to close them out tomorrow. Their players have handled everything well so far.....but we get rareified air tomorrow night.

Vinnie Vegas

EOG Member
That is all true. I think everyone has written Golden State off, and based on their play, it's understandable. The pressure is off them at this point, and all on Toronto as they are expected to close them out tomorrow. Their players have handled everything well so far.....but we get rareified air tomorrow night.

I hit Golden State +475 @ Bill Hill earlier today.

I think they steal game 5, win game 6 @ home and give me a 5-1 ticket @ Toronto Game 7 for the Title.

Reactions: E$

kane

EOG master
Raps by DD's tonight, the Warriors have nothing left in their gas tank. I remember when the Heat went to 4 straight finals, they ended up getting swept by the Spurs and to a man all the Miami players afterward said they were physically and emotionally spent, in going to 4 straight finals they played a lot of basketball and had nothing left in the end. This Warrior team has played a ton of games crammed into 5 years, at some point you hit a wall, both physically and mentally, it's not a coincidence that in this year's playoffs they're getting injured, the grind of reaching 5 straight finals has taken a toll on them, I think they've got nothing left, and if they lose tonight I'm sure you'll hear the players saying the same type of things that the Heat players were saying after their run

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I'm not sure if I do. I've been on Toronto in every game. Pressure didn't seem to get to them against Philly and Milwaukee. But neither of those teams have 3 titles in the last 4 years, and arguably should've had 4.
I would take GS 1h before I took them at a near pk for the game. We have the same line of thinking about Toronto though.

I do hesitate to say they should have had 4 when they had breaks also. Cleveland was missing players and Houston may have beat them if Pail didn’t get hurt.

Valuist

EOG Master
I would take GS 1h before I took them at a near pk for the game. We have the same line of thinking about Toronto though.

I do hesitate to say they should have had 4 when they had breaks also. Cleveland was missing players and Houston may have beat them if Pail didn’t get hurt.

Irving and Paul wouldn't have made a difference. GS was head and shoulders the best.

The one scare they could've gotten I believe was 2 years ago. The Spurs led by 22 or 23 in 3rd quarter of game 1 in Oakland when Leonard got hurt and missed the rest of that series. Kawhi a much better player than either Kyrie or Paul, IMO.

kane

EOG master
Irving and Paul wouldn't have made a difference. GS was head and shoulders the best.

The one scare they could've gotten I believe was 2 years ago. The Spurs led by 22 or 23 in 3rd quarter of game 1 in Oakland when Leonard got hurt and missed the rest of that series. Kawhi a much better player than either Kyrie or Paul, IMO.

It wasn't just Kyrie who missed the series but Love as well, the Cavs were playing without their second and third best players. I don't know if Cle wins if they were fully healthy, but without those guys they had no shot

kane

EOG master
I played Tor pick, Durant won't be effective after missing so much time, and imo the Warriors will be a fatigued team by the time the 4th quarter rolls around, I see a close game until the 4th, and the Raptors pulling away in the final minutes

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If you bet Golden State Friday night, how in God's name do you wheel back and play Golden State tonight?

Game 4 was an ass-whipping.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jeopardy categories needed for a RAILBIRD victory:

West Coast Basketball

Little League Baseball

Tennis Anyone?

Biblical Phrases

Election Judges

ChuckyG

EOG Master
OK, we saw the game. Props to Durant for nutting up + playing.

As a bettor...my one + only question. How in the WORLD was that line move justified. +3.5 starts drifting to +1.5. On gameday, it flips Fav. I saw GoldSt -1.5 a few hours b4 tip.

How can anyone w/ some medical knowledge think that Durant was going to be cured + play a solid 40 minutes? How was that line move justified? I think back to the quote from Noble Prize winning economist Robert Schiller, who said that market behavior often has "irrational exuberance."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
You forgot Lifeguarding

Excellent contribution, EJD.

And not just lifeguarding but being more specific, Huntington Beach Lifeguards.

I can hear the curious inflection in Alex Trebek's voice when he reads the category.

--------

Answer: NO.

Question: Will Jeopardy producers allow Birdie to wear his red MAGA hat on the show?

Valuist

EOG Master

Chauncey Billups was the only commentator to state that game 5 was a must win for Toronto. And when he said it, Michelle Beadle was all shocked. Now they go back to the East Bay for the stadium finale; the crowd will be crazy. Dubs take game 6 and the narrative becomes what a choke by Toronto. It's already in their heads. 4 titles in 5 years.

kane

EOG master
Tor shoots 25% from three, GS shoots 48%, and GS wins by one point, Tor has been the better team throughout the series and will win the series, it might go 7, but Tor will win