Dwyane Wade Documentary

kane

EOG master
Tonight on ESPN they're showing a doc about D-Wade, from the previews it looks really interesting, of course as a fan of his I'm all over it regardless of how it looks. Last night he got his jersey retired and the ceremony was awesome, Wade gave a terrific speech, very humble and gave a lot of praise to others who helped him become the player and the man he is

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
One of the worst signings by a Chicago team, a hard pass for me. He had a great career but he stole money here.

kane

EOG master
One of the worst signings by a Chicago team, a hard pass for me. He had a great career but he stole money here.

FW, you got to let it go brother, every time Wade's name comes up you post about his time in Chicago, yes it was a disaster, but don't blame Wade, blame Bulls management, they made Wade an offer he couldn't say no to. Hindsight is always 20/20, and had both parties been able to get a do over, the Bulls wouldn't have signed him, and Wade wouldn't have wanted to go there either, put aside his short time with the Bulls and instead appreciate his brilliant career. Wade always says he's just a kid from Robbins, Ill, he's a home town basketball legend, I know you're not a fan of his, but at least appreciate the many obstacles a local kid was able to overcome, and turned himself into a HOF player. Wade's a good guy and great role model, you just have to let his time in a Bulls uniform go.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
FW, you got to let it go brother, every time Wade's name comes up you post about his time in Chicago, yes it was a disaster, but don't blame Wade, blame Bulls management, they made Wade an offer he couldn't say no to. Hindsight is always 20/20, and had both parties been able to get a do over, the Bulls wouldn't have signed him, and Wade wouldn't have wanted to go there either, put aside his short time with the Bulls and instead appreciate his brilliant career. Wade always says he's just a kid from Robbins, Ill, he's a home town basketball legend, I know you're not a fan of his, but at least appreciate the many obstacles a local kid was able to overcome, and turned himself into a HOF player. Wade's a good guy and great role model, you just have to let his time in a Bulls uniform go.
I have no problem with the rest. It doesn't take away the fact that he stole money in chicago, then dogged it to get out of town. People love David Wells, he did the same thing.

MrTop

EOG Master
not a fan of ESPN NBA shows. It ruins ESPN. There is just too much of it. Only thing worse when ESPN covers Nascar.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Wade went to Richards High School in suburban Chicago.

He seemingly improved every year until his body finally gave out.

I loved his desire, when healthy, to play hard all the time.

Wade's career undoubtedly would have lasted longer with load management and fewer dives to the floor.

I rarely follow actions away from the court but he seems a little too militant for me.

Did D-Wade fix the Slam Dunk contest in favor of his friend (Derrick Jones, Jr.)?

kane

EOG master
Wade went to Richards High School in suburban Chicago.

He seemingly improved every year until his body finally gave out.

I loved his desire, when healthy, to play hard all the time.

Wade's career undoubtedly would have lasted longer with load management and fewer dives to the floor.

I rarely follow actions away from the court but he seems a little too militant for me.

Did D-Wade fix the Slam Dunk contest in favor of his friend (Derrick Jones, Jr.)?

Not sure what you mean by too militant, he's been a great role model on and off the court, and no he didn't fix the slam dunk contest, everyone looks at Wade giving Gordon a 9 on his last dunk, what they don't know, or didn't realize, is that two other judges also gave Gordon a 9, so even if Wade gave him a 10, it wouldn't have mattered and DJ Jr would still have won

kane

EOG master
I have no problem with the rest. It doesn't take away the fact that he stole money in chicago, then dogged it to get out of town. People love David Wells, he did the same thing.

FW, how can someone steal something if it's being offered to them, no one forced the Bulls to pay him the money they did, if I'm eating a sandwich and I offer you the other half, and you accept it, I can't claim that you stole it

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I prefer my athletes to stick to sports, Kane.

I see sports as an escape from the political world.

D-Wade along with Paul, James and Anthony made a big statement a couple of years ago backing the divisive Black Lives Matter movement.

Of course, black lives matter.

They're stating the obvious.

kane

EOG master
I prefer my athletes to stick to sports, Kane.

I see sports as an escape from the political world.

D-Wade along with Paul, James and Anthony made a big statement a couple of years ago backing the divisive Black Lives Matter movement.

Of course, black lives matter.

They're stating the obvious.

Okay, but he's been given a platform, and if he chooses to use that platform to speak his mind, I don't see anything wrong with it. Tiger Woods has been criticized for never taking a stand on anything, too worried about his image to speak up for something he believes in, Michael Jordan and his "republicans buy sneakers too", so many athletes afraid to speak out on a particular subject worried how it might affect their image, I think in the social media age we're living in it's hard for these guys to just "shut up and dribble", as that ignorant cunt famously said, between twitter, facebook, Instagram etc, it's just a different world we live in, but I respect your opinion even if we disagree

kane

EOG master
Don't care to see UFC's Dana White endorsing President Trump either.

Separation of sports and state.

This is the world we live in, Tom Brady endorsed Trump as well, I'm sure that didn't sit well with a portion of his fan base, but at least he's not scared to speak his mind

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
FW, how can someone steal something if it's being offered to them, no one forced the Bulls to pay him the money they did, if I'm eating a sandwich and I offer you the other half, and you accept it, I can't claim that you stole it

He was a player that is good/great on a good/great team. He didn't play thru many aches and pains on a bad team. He went back to Miami, they seemed to go away some. He's certainly not the first or last to do it though. Not many of the Bulls players liked him either, thought he was a diva.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Okay, but he's been given a platform, and if he chooses to use that platform to speak his mind, I don't see anything wrong with it. Tiger Woods has been criticized for never taking a stand on anything, too worried about his image to speak up for something he believes in, Michael Jordan and his "republicans buy sneakers too", so many athletes afraid to speak out on a particular subject worried how it might affect their image, I think in the social media age we're living in it's hard for these guys to just "shut up and dribble", as that ignorant cunt famously said, between twitter, facebook, Instagram etc, it's just a different world we live in, but I respect your opinion even if we disagree
That is definately a slippery slope. The fans criticize Mike Trout for not speaking on issues, but SF bans Aubrey Huff from the WS reunion because he has different views than the owner. Lebron loves to share his opinions - and thats fine. Its a different world now.

kane

EOG master
He was a player that is good/great on a good/great team. He didn't play thru many aches and pains on a bad team. He went back to Miami, they seemed to go away some. He's certainly not the first or last to do it though. Not many of the Bulls players liked him either, thought he was a diva.

I can't speak for his one year in Chicago, but I can tell you a diva he isn't, and as far as some of the players not liking him, I recall they didn't like Jimmy either, it was a case of the younger players not getting along with the two veterans, I don't know what went on inside the locker room, but obviously there were issues between the younger guys and Wade and Jimmy

kane

EOG master
That is definately a slippery slope. The fans criticize Mike Trout for not speaking on issues, but SF bans Aubrey Huff from the WS reunion because he has different views than the owner. Lebron loves to share his opinions - and thats fine. Its a different world now.

Yes, it's a much different world, but it's one thing to disagree with the owner, it's another to tweet out some of the most ignorant, crazy shit that Huff did. This isn't just a case of the owner and Huff having different views, it's a case of Huff tweeting some seriously bad shit, he went way over the line. And yes, LeBron has no problem sharing his thoughts and every time he does it guys like you (I'm not saying you in particular) give him shit for it on whatever social media platform they have, but LeBron doesn't care, if he wants to give his opinion on a subject, he'll do it, he's not afraid of any backlash

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I can't speak for his one year in Chicago, but I can tell you a diva he isn't, and as far as some of the players not liking him, I recall they didn't like Jimmy either, it was a case of the younger players not getting along with the two veterans, I don't know what went on inside the locker room, but obviously there were issues between the younger guys and Wade and Jimmy
Wade was a mentor to Jimmy. Butler had no problems in Chicago until the very end. I'm sure the Wade-Butler friendship landed Jimmy in Miami. Bulls ownership tried to sell the Wade signing as him tutoring a young team, but he took off a lot of time off and players resented it. Its a bad organization from top to bottom.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Yes, it's a much different world, but it's one thing to disagree with the owner, it's another to tweet out some of the most ignorant, crazy shit that Huff did. This isn't just a case of the owner and Huff having different views, it's a case of Huff tweeting some seriously bad shit, he went way over the line. And yes, LeBron has no problem sharing his thoughts and every time he does it guys like you (I'm not saying you in particular) give him shit for it on whatever social media platform they have, but LeBron doesn't care, if he wants to give his opinion on a subject, he'll do it, he's not afraid of any backlash

About Huff - people are there to see a reunion and not his (or any other players) views, its a celebration of a accomplisment. I would feel the same way if it were Kapernick and a 49ers SB reunion. The Cubs had a few Huff-types on the WS championship team.

kane

EOG master
Wade was a mentor to Jimmy. Butler had no problems in Chicago until the very end. I'm sure the Wade-Butler friendship landed Jimmy in Miami. Bulls ownership tried to sell the Wade signing as him tutoring a young team, but he took off a lot of time off and players resented it. Its a bad organization from top to bottom.

Your last sentence we're in agreement, and if Wade had told them he would be a mentor to some of the young guys, then decided not too, than that's on Wade, but maybe Wade tried to mentor a couple of them, but the youngsters weren't interested in some new guy just joining the team telling them what to do, Like I said earlier, I wasn't close the situation his one year in Chicago, but obviously it was a bad marriage from the start. I can tell you that Wade absolutely played a role in Jimmy coming to the Heat, he knows Jimmy as well as anyone, and he knew Miami would be a perfect for him, and he was right, Jimmy has been terrific, everything the Heat hoped would be and more, and Jimmy loves it here, he's immersed himself in Heat Culture, he loves everything about the organization, if the Wade/Bulls marriage was doomed from the start, the Jimmy/Heat marriage it still a love story

kane

EOG master
About Huff - people are there to see a reunion and not his (or any other players) views, its a celebration of a accomplisment. I would feel the same way if it were Kapernick and a 49ers SB reunion. The Cubs had a few Huff-types on the WS championship team.

Personally if I were the Giants I wouldn't have banned him from the reunion, I can understand why they did, and maybe the fact that SF is as liberal a city as you'll find had something to do with it, but to me everyone is entitled to their opinion, Huff went over the line, but if the fans don't like it they could boo him at the reunion, to me everyone has the right to voice their opinion, even if it's one I disagree with

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Personally if I were the Giants I wouldn't have banned him from the reunion, I can understand why they did, and maybe the fact that SF is as liberal a city as you'll find had something to do with it, but to me everyone is entitled to their opinion, Huff went over the line, but if the fans don't like it they could boo him at the reunion, to me everyone has the right to voice their opinion, even if it's one I disagree with

Expanding on that is the A’s radio situation. They don’t have a flagship station that year because of the radio station format they had last year.

Crazy times here.

Last edited by a moderator:

kane

EOG master
I watched it last night and it was outstanding, very well done, covered pretty much every aspect of his life from the time he was a kid until now. The guy is so much more than a basketball player, love how he interacts with his kids, how much he's done for the community, great player, great person. It was an honor to have watched him from his very first game to his last, and also watch him grow as a person off the court, his life could have led him down a different path growing up, but fortunately he had basketball to turn to instead of gangs and drugs, to think where he came from and where he ended up, he's a great success story, the vast majority of kids who grow up in the environment he did don't make it out, first class player on the court, first class man off it, and the greatest player in Miami Heat history

Heim

EOG Master
I haven't watched it but did they talk about how he literally threw his first wife out on the street with very little money or
cheated on her a hundred times? Or how about being engaged to Gabriel Union, the actress, and getting someone else
pregnant. I bet none of this was mentioned.

kane

EOG master
I haven't watched it but did they talk about how he literally threw his first wife out on the street with very little money or
cheated on her a hundred times? Or how about being engaged to Gabriel Union, the actress, and getting someone else

They talked about him having a child with another woman, they covered pretty much every aspect of his life, you lose your bet

kane

EOG master

Wow! So an athlete cheated on his wife a hundred times you say, hmm, now there's something you never see

kane

EOG master

Hey Heim, did you know that her claim of being thrown out on the street with very little money was bullshit? Did you know that during their divorce proceedings the judge ordered her to undergo a mental health evaluation? Did you know that at the time of their breakup Wade was giving her $25,000 a month, I don't know about you, but 25,000 a month doesn't seem like very little money to me. Here's what the judge said when deciding who should get custody of the kids "The court finds that Siohvaughn Wade has embarked on an unstoppable and relentless pattern of conduct for over two years to alienate the children from their father, and lacks either the ability or the willingness to facilitate, let alone encourage, a close and continuing relationship between them." At the time of the divorce she was awarded $5 Million, 4 cars, and their Chicago home. You know nothing about the situation except whatever bullshit you read in some gossip paper, next time learn the facts before you post ignorant bullshithttps://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/what-happened-to-dwyane-wades-first-marriage-to-siohvaughn-funches-wade.html/

Valuist

EOG Master

Being an athlete SHOULD not give anyone a platform. Unfortunately, there's plenty of people who only watch ESPN and take guys like Wade seriously.

kane

EOG master
Kane with the mic drop.

I didn't even mention she was arrested twice during their divorce proceedings for her behavior. Now I'm not saying Wade is perfect, there's no such thing as a perfect person, but Heim shouldn't comment on something he knows nothing about without first learning the facts

kane

EOG master
[QUOTE="Valuist, post: 7570553, member: 105257"]Being an athlete SHOULD not give anyone a platform. Unfortunately, there's plenty of people who only watch ESPN and take guys like Wade seriously.[/QUOTE]

Okay, but it does, and if that athlete uses the platform to voice his or her opinion, that's their right to do so. Wade supported BLM, his life experiences helped form his opinion, when he was 8 years old a cop stuck a gun to his head demanding to know where his drug addicted mother was, I don't know how something like that would affect me, but I have no problem with an athlete voicing an opinion, I have more respect for those who aren't afraid to speak up as opposed to those who are too worried about their image to say what they think and refuse to comment on anything

Heim

EOG Master
Hey Heim, did you know that her claim of being thrown out on the street with very little money was bullshit? Did you know that during their divorce proceedings the judge ordered her to undergo a mental health evaluation? Did you know that at the time of their breakup Wade was giving her $25,000 a month, I don't know about you, but 25,000 a month doesn't seem like very little money to me. Here's what the judge said when deciding who should get custody of the kids "The court finds that Siohvaughn Wade has embarked on an unstoppable and relentless pattern of conduct for over two years to alienate the children from their father, and lacks either the ability or the willingness to facilitate, let alone encourage, a close and continuing relationship between them." At the time of the divorce she was awarded $5 Million, 4 cars, and their Chicago home. You know nothing about the situation except whatever bullshit you read in some gossip paper, next time learn the facts before you post ignorant bullshithttps://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/what-happened-to-dwyane-wades-first-marriage-to-siohvaughn-funches-wade.html/[/QU

She was homeless for awhile......Wade tried to fuck her over royally before any settlement by not depositing
joint money in their joint account, plus his attorneys were trying to file settlement documents without her knowledge....
He's a phony, as soon as he started making a little money the ghetto bitch had to go. Here she is doing a sit-in at the
courthouse so people knew Dwayne Wade basketball star wasn't all that. Yup, I know, your typical NBA guy:

Heim

EOG Master
ESPN owns the NBA rights along with TNT.....they're not going to do a piece that's anywhere fair or balanced.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
ESPN owns the NBA rights along with TNT.....they're not going to do a piece that's anywhere fair or balanced.
Didn't Wade have a bunch of insight into how this doc was made?

I would rather watch a doc on him that is done by vice sports as you are going to get more to the story.

kane

EOG master

This doc was 10 years in the making, this was Wade's project, you don't know what you're talking about. You also have no idea what went on during their marriage, If you want to believe her, go ahead, but she was the one who was twice arrested, she was the one who had to undergo a mental evaluation, and he was the one who was awarded custody of the kids. I'll say it again, you have no idea what went on during their marriage, if you choose to believe her, go ahead.