Early NBA Observations

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Also, Caris Levert is awesome. 22/5/5 on 52/37/85. Kept that game in NO close and down to the wire. I was amazed how far he fell in the draft. He's not just producing on a bad team either - guy is impacting games. Nets found themselves a star.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
That was the performance of the year so far. Incredible really. He carried the wolves in the 4th and OT. Capping off the win with a game winning black as time was running out.

50 points, 49 minutes and lock down defense. Maybe Jimmy stays now to play with his guy. They always pushed each other well.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Had Jazz -2. Fuck D Rose....
Eh, if you're gonna lose at least lose like that. Guy was crying. Hes worked so fucking hard while everyone dogged him. He's fought through so much just hoping one day he could do something positive again. It was a great moment tonight. I cant believe anyone ever question his motivation and love for the game.

Good for Derrick. Makes you realize as a fan of the game how much his injuries cost us in terms of enjoyment. What a talent.

Iverson, rose and russell. The three most exciting players to watch for me. A big mans game isnt supposed to be dominated by small guys.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Eh, if you're gonna lose at least lose like that. Guy was crying. Hes worked so fucking hard while everyone dogged him. He's fought through so much just hoping one day he could do something positive again. It was a great moment tonight. I cant believe anyone ever question his motivation and love for the game.

Good for Derrick. Makes you realize as a fan of the game how much his injuries cost us in terms of enjoyment. What a talent.

Iverson, rose and russell. The three most exciting players to watch for me. A big mans game isnt supposed to be dominated by small guys.
Part of the motivational questioning stems from Derrick listening to the wrong people and some flat out dumb statements to the media. He was pretty special in his prime and it would be a great story if he could come back.

lastyle7

EOG Veteran
Wizards 1-7...after first 2 games went on a 5 game Western Conference trip...next 7 games against below 500 teams all on East Coast
Currently 1-7 ATS

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Deer Busters
Its early but it's possible Boston is the 3rd best team in the East. Kawhi lead Toronto and the bucks are really dangerous. The bucks still have no bigs worth a thing and their bench is weak but they have so much perimeter talent.

Toronto is scary now that they arent being led by Casey. Kawhi helps too. I think Toronto comes out of the East as of today.

King Felix

EOG Veteran
Back to my point about the Rockets... they better make a move and quickly. This team is in trouble. A 1st rounder for Ariza should do the trick.

The Rockets have the worst bench unit in the NBA and theyre starting Enis and Tucker. Outside of their three stars and Gordon I guess - Paul is really showing his age this year too - they have nothing.

Valuist

EOG Master
Did the Warriors handle the KD/Draymond situation properly? Time will tell. But there's a very good chance you were going to lose Durant anyways; now that you've thrown Draymond under the bus, you risk alienating him as well. It's so tough to keep a dynasty together because you have to manage a bunch of big egos.

Jb777

EOG Dedicated
Did the Warriors handle the KD/Draymond situation properly? Time will tell. But there's a very good chance you were going to lose Durant anyways; now that you've thrown Draymond under the bus, you risk alienating him as well. It's so tough to keep a dynasty together because you have to manage a bunch of big egos.

All good points. The massive egos of these guys can create an extremely toxic environment.

Heim

EOG Master
After watching the Rockets tonight I wonder if they really need a 33 year old Chris Paul. Numbers career low before the injury & beat writers saying mobility not the same this year.