Edwin Jackson a Gold Mine his last 5 outings....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Can’t believe that Toronto is still letting Jackson start.....my pal Old Sandbagger here at EOG is cleaning up betting against him first five and the game....guessing Toronto is hurting for arms.....he came through for us again last night.....upgrade Old Sandbaggers power rating....

Valuist

EOG Master
This is a great example of how analytics over values velocity. You see he throws 95 and think this guy should be good. But he has zero deception and hitters see the ball well against him. If he threw 5 MPH slower but with better results, he would have been out of MLB years ago.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Jackson is extremely fragile.

Last night, nobody on and two out in the top of the second inning of a scoreless game against the Yankees.

Infielder commits a throwing error on a routine grounder that would have ended the inning.

Jackson comes unglued.

Two batters later, the score was 3-0, Yankees.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
His last 6 starts he is 1-5 with an 11.12 ERA.
An interesting footnote:
Those games were Triple A.

OLDSANDBAGGER

EOG Senior Member
Wow. Didn’t hear anything about Jackson since his last start with Toronto. Preoccupied with football as well I missed seeing this start for Detroit. Glad I did. Will be interesting to see if this was a fluke start against a bad team. Or has the return to Detroit rejuvenated him? Leaning toward the former.

He will look good for 2-3 starts and then at random throw a gem like this last game. But its pretty certain after a few games he's perma-fade until he gets cut again.

One thing to note, don't pay attention to AAA or AA stats for experienced major leaguers. Most guys go out there throwing at about 80% of their capacity and often just work on one or two pitches. If another team bangs him around, he doesn't care, he's still not bringing in the 3rd or 4th pitch to keep the other team off balance. Kids trying to get to the majors will bring 100% and use every pitch they got. If you are a vet, you figure you still will get to the show so its just practice.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
And this is the guy that labored through a 149 pitch no-hitter a few years back, LOL.

Just a strange game, while there was no hits he walked 8 guys and stranded 9 men on base.......

Through the first 3 innings his pitch count was 70.

You'll probably never see another 149 pitch no-hitter.

Who did he throw it against? His old mates in Tampa of course.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Tampa Bay at home took 2 of 3 against Detroit, both of their wins on walk-offs not covering any run line, scoring 6 total in the series.