Edwin Jackson's Lucky Number Is 13....

Heim

EOG Master
Yup his start with the A's today tied a MLB record by pitching for his 13th different team. It helps when you can still get that FB to the plate at 93-96. This guy came up with the Dodgers in 2003.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
Re: Edwin Jackson Lucky Number Is 13....

I am more impressed he swallowed his pride and worked his way back up with 13 starts in the minors after making $200,000 last year.

Valuist

EOG Master

Edwin Jackson's lucky number is his checking account number. He's banked far more money than he should have.

Heim

EOG Master

Edwin Jackson's lucky number is his checking account number. He's banked far more money than he should have.

He's a tough guy to bet even as a decent dog last few years. He'll be cruising along then implode one inning unable to find the strike zone. 0-0 goes 5-0 quick.

Valuist

EOG Master

He's a tough guy to bet even as a decent dog last few years. He'll be cruising along then implode one inning unable to find the strike zone. 0-0 goes 5-0 quick.

I think he absolutely murdered the pure analytics guys. He's always been a "stuff" guy. Could throw mid 90s but it didn't matter. The hitters saw him well.

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted
Re: Edwin Jackson's Lucky Number Is 13....

Edwin is really a decent guy. Mediocre pitcher, but don't forget his 165 pitch no-hitter about 10 years ago. Saw him on tv blast a double vs. Strasburg while with Cubs.

Heim

EOG Master
Oakland signed Jackson to a minor league deal in Vegas. Don't get these signings. Guy is 35 years old and will take innings
away from prospects. OAK has always had decent arms in the minors. They'd rather call up a erratic Jackson than a prospect
if the need arises?

Valuist

EOG Master
I think they feel anyone who can throw flyballs has at least a chance in Oakland. Limit his road starts where his real (lack of ) ability shows. I think the Giants had that philosophy to some extent, and the Padres did too. Big park, throw fly balls and we have a chance. I wonder how long Matt Cain's career would've lasted had he come up with Colorado.