Election day Thoughts in Virginia

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Today, Virginia elects a new Governor. Has been a pretty nasty campaign by both parties. Continued negative ads by both turns me off completely. As for the Independant candidate...C. Potts; polls show he has only about 1% of the vote. Lots of phone calls, mostly on a recorded message...have REALLY made me angry this year. I'm on the Do NOT call list---but it's ok for this NONSENSE.?
With this in mind---I'm off to vote in a few minutes for whatever referendum issues, they have offered the public and will pass on voting for Governor and their crews.
Any EOF's member live in a state where there are any gambling issues which you can vote (yea/nea)? Just wondering.
I wonder if this great land even allows it's citizens to vote anymore on our freedoms.

JLDx3

EOG Member
Both of these guys are idiots. How could the great state of VIRGINIA come up with these two clowns.
KAINE [D] is a flaming liberal who is pro choice but dead set against the death penality.
KILGORE [R] is a backward hick, who said in an add that Kaine would pardon HITLER for a death sentence.
This is a quagmire big time!! I'm off to vote!:+textinbu

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated
Disappointed---There was not even 1 referendum to vote on. The elected officials (none of them) want the people to really have much say on anything.
As for which candidate might be more pro-gambling....That's a TOUGH call.
Kilgore is a Baptist from the Western Part of Virginia. Those people are not known to be gambling friendly as a group. Kaine is a Catholic that believe it or not was once a missionary. I don't have to explain their views on gambling I would hope. Wow.......Really exciting choices.