EOG Moving Forward....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I like the direction of EOG moving forward going into 2011...our staff is as strong as it has ever been and cooperation from BetPhoenix is getting better....our contests are picking up and our members are satisfied that things are improving but really not fast enough...All I can say is that Rome wasn't built in a day and we are going to try out new things and move more quickly than before....

Our staff includes JK (our leader), with the moderators that include Blondie,King Revolver, and Tuckman...Things are starting to click around here because we really have started to come together as a unit...nobody knew each other back in September and it has taken a little longer than expected to work together...with help from guys like CassiusClay, Allmost Allright, JerseyShop, and Real Slim Shady, things are improving..

We have been getting good analysis and write-ups from JK and his blogs have been very popular and gaining acceptance...

I have learned to listen more to others here and I can assure you that there will be changes next year that will help us improve...we need to build our member corps dramatically, so any ideas and suggestions to any of our moderators would be a plus...tell your friends and family members to give us a shot....

Would love to see Uncle Butternutts as a moderator here down the road and with an increase in traffic and clicking on some banners, I really think we have a shot down the road....

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone and a fantastic New Year with plenty of winning wagers....and there will be an EOG BASH next year..

Sincerely...VD12io4j2w90

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned
Re: EOG Moving Forward....

UNCLE B. WHAT DO YOU WANT HIM AROUND FOR LOOK WHAT THE GUY DID AT MAJOR WAGER THE F-CKING PLACE IS A GHOSTTOWN THANKS TO HIM :LMAO

UNCLE B. IS TO MUCH OF AN INSIDER HE WILL ATTRACT PEOPLE THAT WE DONT WANT TO SEE LIKE JOURNEYMAN AND MOFOME HE MIGHT ALSO BRING IN THE FORUM KILLER PATRICK MCIRISH THE GUY JUST ATTRACTS THE WRONG KIND OF PEOPLE

UNCLE B. SAID HE DIDNT BUT I AM PRETTY SURE HE BANNED ME AT THE OLD RX FORUM AND I NEVER FORGOT THAT :finger004

rainbow

EOG Master

Not to break any balls but I think these are the main posters that helped Eog to go in the right directon..
King Revolver, he's in a class all by himself as for Eog moving foward.
John Kelly would be my next choice with his write-ups and Blogs.
Palm Tree helped this place out a lot with his Baseball.
Bernardoincr, has contributed a lot.
Munson 15, I can't say enough how much he has helped Eog, I miss the ole days as much as you.
Irish Tim, has been a TREMENDOUS help to Eog with his knowledge...
Big Daddy, has helped out a lot too...
High Times, me and him have had more than our share of arguements, but he's a knowledgeable poster and knows how to win betting, I didn't know it at first, but when I INVESTIGATED who he was I knew he was a winner.
Ray Luca and Just a man helped out with the horses a lot.
I know I left some names out, but this is the list that helped EOG grow..........
My bad for leaving Blondie out, MORE THAN DESSERVES TO BE ON MY LIST.......

Teddy kgb

Banned

Would love to see Uncle Butternutts as a moderator here down the road and with an increase in traffic and clicking on some banners, I really think we have a shot down the road....

This statement insinuates that it was money that axed his arrival here a couple months back, but that's strange you and B said it was family issues....

Which one was it? Hate to sound like Rogue, but I don't like being lied to.

We shall see what we shall see. Everyone knows that EOG has gone through some major changes in the past year. It is also no secret that the industry, as a whole, has taken a hit. The bottom line is this. People are looking for a free buck, and that means contests. Contests that pay either cold hard cash, or money in the form of adding to wagering accounts. That is what the people want. I suggest that contests be limited to posters who take an active role in these forums. If not, you will end up like other sites that have 50 people in their contests and 15 active posters.

As far as the staff of EOG is concerned, I am seeing efforts of a more coordinated approach. This must continue. All of the Mods and J.K. MUST be on the same page and present a united front. If they do not do this, it will be easy to snipe away at the mods. There have been many changes as far as mods go, so this will probably take some time, but is surely needed. Mods, present yourselves on a united front, or you will be picked off one at a time by the snipers in here, of which there are many.

This site still has a lot of personal soap opera stuff in it. Way too much for an alleged sports and gaming site. The fact is that no one gives a rats a** about what posters think about other posters. Personalities should not play a part in here. This is cyberspace, where anyone can be who they want to be, and few can find out the real truth about anyone. I hope that we see less soap opera posts in here. It is not like you guys are going to be tossing down drinks with other posters anytime soon, for the most part.

I think the posters who come off like know-it-alls must be prepared to take a pounding when they lose. People who use terms like "lock" and "can't miss" are the first ones to whine and cry when they are laughed at after their "locks" lose. Too many guys in here want to play tout. This site does not need 1000 Stuey Finer's or Jack Prince's in here. If you guys want to sound like a tout, then you had better expect to take the heat like a tout does. I want information from this site. I look for posters who can give me solid reasons for their picks. My telling you to take Oregon +3 over Auburn because they are a "lock" tells you guys nothing. My telling you to take Oregon +3 because Auburn will be incapable of sustaiing the pace that Oregon plays at, and that Oregon is the best 2nd half team statistically in the NCAA, gives you something to weigh. And no, I cam not picking Oregon per se. That was just an example of the type of information I look for in here. I think the mods have to allow the know-it-alls to take their hits in here. They should take a "you get what you pay for" approach.

Just my two cents ladies and gents.

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

our members are satisfied that things are improving but really not fast enough...

Don't sacrifice the quality for speed. As an average joe, I think you have made some good strides.

so any ideas and suggestions to any of our moderators would be a plus.

How about a "mod for the day" deal. I nominate Beaner to get first shot.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

We've come together thanks to sports gambling, but we're bonded by the qualities of integrity, independence and intelligence.

I'll see you at the EOG Bash.

carolinakid

Banned

GL guys and all the best for EOG for the 2011 year.If there anyway i can help out in any way please call on me...........ck

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

I'll be spending some more time here....mostly cause I just got blasted(laid off in construction terms)2348ji23e

Uncle B would be a huge asset. There's a reason why he was paid at three different sites in the past.

Uncle Butternutts

EOG Addicted

This statement insinuates that it was money that axed his arrival here a couple months back, but that's strange you and B said it was family issues....

lol

O.k, i can see how it would seem that way now....

Not really sure what that statement means...I'm assuming he was actually making 2 unrelated statements, 'i want UB as mod down the road', and then just commenting on the fact that forums aren't making much money these days but will hopefully climb so EOG can continue to operate.

I think thats it anyways.....If not, he's been misinformed by someone else, because the subject of salary never once even came up between me, VD and JK.......I spoke to both of them a few times in the weeks leading up to that announcement, but, not a single one of us 3 ever discussed money...

I have been friends with Richard J. for 7 or 8 years now..He is the one that offered me the job, he's the one that i was discussing what myu 'duties' here would be...But, we never once even mentioned what my salary would be..I wasn't really concerned about it, i know RJ, and i know we would easily agree on salary, and RJ knows i wouldn't have asked for much of anything anyways....I have been working for free at MW for awhile now, i've never bitched or whined about that either, just not that big an issue...

And, thats it...

I answered your questions at OGD about this same stupid shit, and you never even bothered responding after i did, so, not gonna waste any more time typing about this stupid shit here or there...Believe what i've said or don't, i could not give a fuck less either way....91023i2ndw;l

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Money was never an issue...why does everyone always look for ulterior motives?

I am looking toward the future of EOG and UB would be a great hire....

no drama all sports?

no sports all drama?

a mix?

always a quandary.

I think that Blondie and others will agree that EOG had more than enough drama in here this year. I would like to see more serious sports talk and less talk from the many Drama Queens in here. I mean, it is really nobodies businees how this site is run. You, as a poster, have two choices. You can continue to post in here, or you can move on. I know that the soap opera stuff is all that a few in here live for, and that is rather sad. But the bottom line is that this is a gambling and sports site, not a site for wayward lonelyhearted people who have no life and can only get attention by posting in here. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you know who you are. This site has lost too many good sports posters because the Drama Queens surround them like a sworm of Bee's and attack for no reason at all. Let's get back to the original purpose of this site. Save the Soap Opera stuff for daytime T.V.

Blondie

EOG Master

I think that Blondie and others will agree that EOG had more than enough drama in here this year. I would like to see more serious sports talk and less talk from the many Drama Queens in here. I mean, it is really nobodies businees how this site is run. You, as a poster, have two choices. You can continue to post in here, or you can move on. I know that the soap opera stuff is all that a few in here live for, and that is rather sad. But the bottom line is that this is a gambling and sports site, not a site for wayward lonelyhearted people who have no life and can only get attention by posting in here. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but you know who you are. This site has lost too many good sports posters because the Drama Queens surround them like a sworm of Bee's and attack for no reason at all. Let's get back to the original purpose of this site. Save the Soap Opera stuff for daytime T.V.

Bad drama yes we have...

Fun and decent drama no I can't agree with that...

There is a big difference between the two, however fun and decent can turn bad in an instant depending on the group...

Bad drama yes we have...

Fun and decent drama no I can't agree with that...

There is a big difference between the two, however fun and decent can turn bad in an instant depending on the group...

I agree Blondie. I think one of the inherit problems with any site is that people really do not know other people. What appears to be funny to one person can be deadly serious to someone else. Someone can post something in jest, and have it turn into a major arguing point, if taken the wrong way. All sites have the same problem. I happen to have a great sense of humor if you are with me in person. If we have a couple of drinks, I will have you rolling on the floor with laughter with some of my quips. It is basically impossible for me to translate that sense of humor on any site. A lot depends on the mood of the person who is reading the thread. All it takes is one sharp retort to turn a harmless post into World War III in here.

Shrink also bet his life and lost. He left behind a worthless site to pay his losses. What's your point?

What makes you think that this site is worthless? Do you have any evidence to back up your claim? I notice that you have over 10,000 posts, so aparently you do not think that this site is that worthless, do you?

WVU

EOG Master

What makes you think that this site is worthless? Do you have any evidence to back up your claim?

worthless as compared to 500 grand wouldn't you agree? I am sure BetPhoenix would rather have the money owed.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

i love it here. a lot of info and selections.
i would love some of our handicappers besides
john and rail to make offerings-but i guess why
should they. as a handicapper of handicappers,
i love hearing from rainbow, palmtree, high times,
netto, ray luca, try3 heim, etc.
what i will never understand is that we all know
every state, every government, every organization
has strengths and weaknesses. why can't criticism
be constructive instead of mean spirited? what good
does blaming and shaming accomplish? i'm all for
expressing one's needs and requests. i am also of the
belief nothing is learned or passed on by negativity.
bottom line, i love it here, and you guys for the most
part are my invisible family.
peace and love to all (yes i am an old hippie from the
60's)

worthless as compared to 500 grand wouldn't you agree? I am sure BetPhoenix would rather have the money owed.

And you have proof that he owed BP 500 grand, do you? If so, please let all of us know. I am sure that the posters in here would be very interested in finding out how you were able to find this out.

WVU

EOG Master

And you have proof that he owed BP 500 grand, do you? If so, please let all of us know. I am sure that the posters in here would be very interested in finding out how you were able to find this out.

fuck you and your proof. Thank you.

he never has proof. Similar to the guy that tried to scam easysports with false claims.

fuck you and your proof. Thank you.

That is what I thought. You are all talk. It is people like you , who try to play know-it-all, and then do not have an answer when pressed, that are the problem in here. Just another rumor spreader. You have no idea what was going on in here when Ken ran this place. You just like to start rumors, and then back off when pressed for proof. You would make a terrible attorney. You make a statement, and then cannot back it up. Then you get all defensive when someone calls you out. People like you are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, you say things to people who you know nothing about. That is what gets people like you caught in lies. Talking to someone who has more knowledge about a situation than you do. If you are not prepared to back your statements up, then do not make them. It is really that simple.

I think the real winners inhere are the people who take this forum for what it is, and do not try and make something out of it that it is not. I look for sports information, but also like the interaction on other topics. I have had my run ins with others in here, including mods, but I have always managed to settle things in a civilized way, which is why I like this site. If you are reasonable, people will always listen to you. They may not agree, but they will listen.

WVU

EOG Master

That is what I thought. You are all talk. It is people like you , who try to play know-it-all, and then do not have an answer when pressed, that are the problem in here. Just another rumor spreader. You have no idea what was going on in here when Ken ran this place. You just like to start rumors, and then back off when pressed for proof. You would make a terrible attorney. You make a statement, and then cannot back it up. Then you get all defensive when someone calls you out. People like you are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, you say things to people who you know nothing about. That is what gets people like you caught in lies. Talking to someone who has more knowledge about a situation than you do. If you are not prepared to back your statements up, then do not make them. It is really that simple.

I heard it from VD diknose so why not ask him?