EOG Saturday Horse Racing Pick thread...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
dont tell me your only watching hoops today!

Follow along Im sure a few will chime in as usual in a thread like this...

eating some Oats right now to get ready with a pick or two or three.

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated
Re: EOG Saturday Horse Racing Pick thread...

Oaklawn - Race 10

#3 Scatman (8/1 ml)

Was quite impressed by this horse's race last time, and think in many respects he ran better than the winner Secret Circle, who incidentally is the 9/5 ml favorite here. Showed very keen speed from the inside to outfoot the very fast Secret Circle to the lead, admittedly helped a bit by the fact that he was on the inside and it was a short run into the first turn. However, once they straightened away onto the backstretch, Scatman scooted away a bit and appeared to be moving easier than Secret Circle, who was having to be pushed along a bit to keep up. Secret Circle then came to put the pressure on, pinning Scatman down on the rail on the inner half of a speed duel, but Scatman responded beautifully to hang on to the lead, and even began opening up again briefly in the stretch. They went to the wire as team (while opening up 5 lengths on the rest of the field, in time that was a full second faster than the other division of the Southwest), with Scatman finally succumbing just a bit at the wire to miss by half-length in an extremely game performance. I think we need to keep in mind though that Scatman was making his first start around two turns that day (stretching out from 6 furlongs to a mile), while also stuck on the inner half of a speed duel with a Breeders Cup winner applying the pressure. I think he acquitted himself extremely well considering the circumstances, and figures to have gotten a ton out of the race conditioning-wise, not to mention experience-wise. Secret Circle, on the other hand, was making his second start around two turns, held a huge class-edge on Scatman, plus had position on him, and could barely put him away. Both horses ran well, but i think Scatman ran better and has more room for improvement. Think the discrepancy in price here is totally ridiculous, and has more to do with Secret Circle's reputation (and the Baffert connections) than it does with the reality of the situation. Excellent value on this prime contender.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for the contribution, Cat.

At Santa Anita today, the rail horse (#1 Innocent Man) in the fifth race impressed the morning clockers.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

thanks Cat..playing along off shore there EOG sponsor betonline nice option big max prices and give you a 7% rebate on action at Oaklawn that also helps the balance long term.

Mar-17 OAK R10 333.00 USD WIN 3

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

$5 Daily Double Payoff with the 4 in the 4th at Aqueduct. Should run away and hide . Given the short price only way to play is in the exacta with the 1, 5 and 7

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

tampa Bay race 6

double

Mar-17 TAM R6 33.00 USD DDB 1,2,3,5,6,8,9,10/4

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

tampa Bay race 6

double

Mar-17 TAM R6 33.00 USD DDB 1,2,3,5,6,8,9,10/4

i dont like the favorite #4 in race 6 so hoping thus for a nice price on the front end of this double and the #4 in race 7 (should be second choice) to win that one for a decent payout..they are loading in now...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

decent hit in leg one at Tampa 4-1 shot..double will pay is $1 = 30.90 so almost 31-1..we shall see...go #4

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

DEAD HEAt...well thought I had that one but could have been worse...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

[TABLE="class: toteboard, width: 490"]
<tbody style="border-top-color: white; border-right-color: white; border-bottom-color: white; border-left-color: white; background-color: rgb(235, 235, 235); ">

$1.00 Double

9/4

$15.60

</tbody>[/TABLE]

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

thanks Cat..playing along off shore there EOG sponsor betonline nice option big max prices and give you a 7% rebate on action at Oaklawn that also helps the balance long term.

Mar-17 OAK R10 333.00 USD WIN 3

wow short horse he looked like a clear winner middle of stretch.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Did an 8-3 exacta box in that race...saw our 3 horse ran 3rd...should have guessed that!

Damn...

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Not for nothing but 50 cint and myself had a few winners at Meadowlands last night and a couple at Gulfstream....South Point is an excellent place to watch sports and bet nags...