EOG SPORTS HOUR TUESDAY

nedrow9

EOG Master
Re: EOG SPORTS HOUR TUESDAY

hows about a shout out to the guy who mashes the buttons and turns the knobs behind the glass

nedrow9

EOG Master

Churchill opens racing Saturday night. the 1 mile derby trail race gos about 8 pm

brians

EOG Dedicated

Good discussion on the show Monday night about line adjustments from one game to the next in a best-of-7 series. The adjustments on totals in particular are puzzling. Look at the Hou/OKC series & Mem/LAC series as an example:

Game 1 of the Mem/LAC series flew over the total (179) by 24 points yet 5Dimes opened the Game 2 total at 180.5, a mere 1.5 point adjustment.

Game 1 of the Hou/OKC series played right around the number, total closed 213.5 and the game landed on 211. Despite the good number, Game 2 features the same 1.5 adjustment as the Mem/LAC game where the total was "off" by 24.

brians

EOG Dedicated

nyk are playing lockdown dee
2nd half defense in particular. Though it helps that 61% of the Celtics' turnovers (20 of 33) are live ball turnovers so far this series.

Pierce has 11 TOs and 14 FGs. He only took 2 free throws tonight, if Pierce doesn't get to the line then the Celts have no chance.

dinkenson

EOG Dedicated

i think unders are the way to go the more deep the series goes....coaches watch film to stop what is successful much more then trying to find some new offensive wrinkle

Bushay

NHL Expert

i think unders are the way to go the more deep the series goes....coaches watch film to stop what is successful much more then trying to find some new offensive wrinkle
Is that a trend that's proven successful in the past?

if so...seems like everyone would be doing it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Game 7s in the NBA postseason always seem depressed.

The key is to find a defense-first mentality in Games 5 or 6 before everyone recognizes the importance of the game.

I also look to play NBA elimination games in a competitive series under the total.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Still shocked at the Golden State score last night. If that series goes 6-7, can they possibly score like they did?