EOG's Best Bet thread for Sunday, April 4

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I didn't see your best bet. I also had also.

Do you think Timme took the charge? Do you think he flopped? He sold it like there was a lot a contact. I don't think there was. I thought the shooter tried to side step him. Timme flopped. Selling what should have been a no call?

Charge. No debate about it. He was there and set. Good call.

No call.............NO WAY! You GOTTA call something there. You "no call" that and you are done as an official. You gotta call something. It was a charge

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Charge. No debate about it. He was there and set. Good call.

No call.............NO WAY! You GOTTA call something there. You "no call" that and you are done as an official. You gotta call something. It was a charge

I saw the guard step to the side. I saw Timme using force from his feet to spring backwards. No way a guard half his size, stepping to the side to avoid contact would cause a guy Timme's size to go exploding backwards. Overall refs did a great job. I think they got that play wrong. Less than a second left it's a no call. Nobody loses a job with a no call in that situation.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
LeBron claims there are way too many fouls called on offensive players in block/charge situations, especially in high school and college basketball.

I tend to agree.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I saw the guard step to the side. I saw Timme using force from his feet to spring backwards. No way a guard half his size, stepping to the side to avoid contact would cause a guy Timme's size to go exploding backwards. Overall refs did a great job. I think they got that play wrong. Less than a second left it's a no call. Nobody loses a job with a no call in that situation.

We musta saw a different play

Charge. End of discussion

Bigrunner

EOG Master
LeBron claims there are way too many fouls called on offensive players in block/charge situations, especially in high school and college basketball.

I tend to agree.

That would have sucked if Jurzang made the winning bucket at the buzzer only to have it wiped out by a questionable charge call. That's way it's a no call. It's not like Jurzang was out of control and running over Timme. He move sideways to avoid Timme and got the contested 6 footer off.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I tend to agree.

I tend to DISAGREE!

First off - we are told "officiate the defense." I think there tends to be more BLOCK calls made in HS and CBB

NBA officials are a flat out disgrace. If I was as awful as they are I'd be reffing Girls Freshman games. I am this year to ease back into it but only because I requested it. If I am officiating next season I will be back to Boys JV and Girls/Boys Varsity.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
That would have sucked if Jurzang made the winning bucket at the buzzer only to have it wiped out by a questionable charge call. That's way it's a no call. It's not like Jurzang was out of control and running over Timme. He move sideways to avoid Timme and got the contested 6 footer off.

YOU MUST CALL SOMETHING THERE!

You "no call" that and you will get destroyed by everyone. And they would be right. A play like that MUST have a call. One way or another.

NO CALL is NOT the right "call" there

Bigrunner

EOG Master
We musta saw a different play

Charge. End of discussion

Good post. I think I clearly see Timme lower his extended upright right arm, turn his right side slightly too possible initiate contact. And then he flopped. Just saying if a winning basket at the buzzer gets taken away? That's a no call. End of story. You always hear "let the players decide the game". Especially at the buzzer.

Watch the video again and concentrate on the movement of Timme's right arm and the slight turn and lean of the right side of his body. And then watch him flop.

Last edited:

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Timme has his hands up like you are taught to do. "Hands up!" Right before Jurzang step to the side, Timme drops his extended right arm and moves it to the front of his lower chest upper stomach. In the position of a forearm shiver. And he also turns his right side slightly. The contact wasn't that great, then he flops.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Good post. I think I clearly see Timme lower his extended upright right arm, turn his right side slightly too possible initiate contact. And then he flopped. Just saying if a winning basket at the buzzer gets taken away? No call. End of story.

Watch the video again and concentrate on the movement of Timme's right arm and the slight turn and lean of the right side of his body. And then watch him flop.

Timme establishes legal guarding position. Contact initiated by the offensive player. Charge!