EOG's Best Bet thread for Sunday, December 9

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pinny

Oilers To Win in Regulation +140

Gotta be honest here....................this one looks too easy and any time something looks "too easy" it almost never is and it ends up losing but I am struggling to find a reason why not to play the Oilers - so I will. Let's just start out by saying the Oilers played Friday at home. Calgary played Saturday at home against Nashville. Then after the game the Flames had to travel to Edmonton. OK s it is only 172 miles (It is about 160 miles from Barstow to Vegas and I know many here have made that drive too many times to count so we know what kind of a distance we are talking about) meaning a flight of less than an hour.and really not anything to worry about jet lag. But Calgary is off a game with the Preds then travel and have to play an Oilers team that is really playing well since Ken Hitchcock took over. Under Hitchcock the Oilers are 6-2-1 and 4-0 at home. The Oilers are 5-1 their last 6 on 1 days rest while the Flames have lost 4 straight to the Oilers and 7 of the last 10. This is also the dreaded 3-in-4 (as well as 4-in-6) for the Flames while the Oilers have played every other day since Nov 23 and don't play again until Tuesday so no B2B or 3-in-4 meaning we should get a very well rested Oilers team against a Flames team that might be dragging some. We know how much hatred there is between the 2 so if the Oilers get a chance to rub it in - they will. This one looks way too easy and actually looks like a game the Oilers could and should cover on the Puckline of around +230, too. Flames beat Preds 5-2 Saturday and I can see a similar score/win for the Oilers on Sunday and just as easy a win as the Kings were for me on Saturday.

WHEW!

Oilers 1-0. Not easy but cashes. WHEW!

Winkyduck 451-618-36 -2.83 UNITS (206 Fresno State -4.5 +103 in Las Vegas Bowl; 214 SDSU +3.5 -120 in Frisco Bowl; Most wins by an NFL Team this season: Under 13.5 -124; Ducks +155 to MISS the NHL Playoffs, Duke +600 to win NCAA CBB; Cardiff City -125 to be relegated AND Huddersfield Town +215 AND +225 to finish DFL in the EPL)