EOG's Best Bet thread for Sunday, October 20

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Ladbrokes

Sunday at 8:30A on NBCSN

Liverpool to Win to Nil +180
***Liverpool -1 goal +133*** (Was a BB I made Friday so bringing this up now since it goes now)

Man U TT at Pinny is 1 with Under -159. Liverpool TT is 1.5 with Over -129. So Pinny is telling us they expect Liverpool to win and keep a "clean sheet" (shutout). So if the books are telling us they expect Liverpool to win (They are -139 on a 3-way line) and they don't expect Man U to score then why not bet that. This is basically a 2-teamer of Man U Under 1 goal at -159 to Liverpool -139 to win and that pays +180 which is what this pays and NO on BTTS is -105ish so once again the books are saying they don't expect Man U to score.

Updated: After Astros win the ALCS cashing a +126 ticket
Winkyduck 575-773-42 +18.80 UNITS (Astros to Win the WS +110; Mike Matheny to be next KC Royals Manager +150; Raiders RSW U6 -125 and Julio Jones Most Reg Season Rec Yards +750 and Dolphins to have NFL's Worst Record +200; Sheffield United to finish DFL in PL +300; Brighton to be Relegated +185; Sunderland to Win League One +400; Vegas Knights to win the West +550)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Ladbrokes

***Liverpool -1 goal +133*** (Was a BB I made Friday so bringing this up now since it goes now)

Man U TT at Pinny is 1 with Under -159. Liverpool TT is 1.5 with Over -129. So Pinny is telling us they expect Liverpool to win and keep a "clean sheet" (shutout). So if the books are telling us they expect Liverpool to win (They are -139 on a 3-way line) and they don't expect Man U to score then why not bet that. This is basically a 2-teamer of Man U Under 1 goal at -159 to Liverpool -139 to win and that pays +180 which is what this pays and NO on BTTS is -105ish so once again the books are saying they don't expect Man U to score.

Winkyduck 575-773-42 +18.80 UNITS (Astros to Win the WS +110; Mike Matheny to be next KC Royals Manager +150; Raiders RSW U6 -125 and Julio Jones Most Reg Season Rec Yards +750 and Dolphins to have NFL's Worst Record +200; Sheffield United to finish DFL in PL +300; Brighton to be Relegated +185; Sunderland to Win League One +400; Vegas Knights to win the West +550)

Game set to start.

Good luck, Wink.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Sunday, October 20, 2019—32 Anaheim Ducks -120 (5Dimes)

9 pm ET/6 pm PT (PRIME TICKET, ESPN+, Las Vegas Cox Channel 671)—The Ducks owned the NHL’s longest-ever Home Win Streak over an opponent—the Calgary Flames—a 25-game run that ended last NHL Regular Season in a 2-0 Loss at the Honda Center, so, it’s time to get right back in the saddle and back Anaheim with the created Expectations (Art) the biggest handicapping factor created by the overwhelming recency bias (Science) baked in. Anaheim went 4-2 in the Preseason and is 9-4 SU L13. Cherry Pie, Apple Kisses, everything is cool.

Some other relevant Trends here on Sunday show that Jakob Silfverberg (6 points), Rickard Rakell (5 points) and Adam Henrique (5 points) and ANA is 31-1-0 the L32 Home games vs Flames and Calgary is 4-28 its L32 games as an Underdog priced between +151 and +200 although the (CLG) line is in the -105 to +110 range). D Cam Fowler (5 points) and Anaheim (6-2-0, +8 GD) rallied to beat Buffalo on Wednesday night as Henrique had 2 Goals and then the still Mighty in my eyes Ducks hosted the Hurricanes of Friday and won 4-2 to stay perfect on Home ice.

G David Rittch (Probable) and Calgary (4-3-1, +1 GD into Saturday night) rolled the Red Wings, 5-1 on Thursday in Canada and then the Flames were in Los Angeles on Saturday night to play the Kings, so Calgary (1-6 L7 Road) will be playing their second night of (Southern California) Road Back-to-Backs and will have less strength in their Legs and less Air in their Lungs for this one 40.4 miles south of the Staples Center in The House That Rusty Built. Travelling from Edmonton south to Calgary (3 hours, 300 miles, Maple Syrup Floods) is much different than going from Lalaland south to Anaheim (55 minutes or quite possibly 5:55 if the Traffic is really bad). Better bring a snack and a Xanax. Be best.

The early Regular Season numbers here also favor Anaheim who are 4-0-0 at Home in the Honda Center so far this young season while the Flames are 1-4-0 on the Road. There are Trends and then there are fucking Mega-Trends. And this NHL one (series) is an a-u-t-o-matic back until the Flames can win 2 straight skates in The Heart Of Orange County. Embrace Logic. Eat your phone.

Ducks 4 Flames 2

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Ladbrokes

1-1 Draw

Updated:
Winkyduck 575-775-42 +16.80 UNITS (Astros to Win the WS +110; Mike Matheny to be next KC Royals Manager +150; Raiders RSW U6 -125 and Julio Jones Most Reg Season Rec Yards +750 and Dolphins to have NFL's Worst Record +200; Sheffield United to finish DFL in PL +300; Brighton to be Relegated +185; Sunderland to Win League One +400; Vegas Knights to win the West +550)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
That play damn near killed me. Thank God for Railbird’s Minn play (though it kept me white-knuckled until 4Q).

...............and really - fair result. Not sure Man U's goal shoulda counted but letting it stand is not a major felony

hcskip

EOG Addicted
...............and really - fair result. Not sure Man U's goal shoulda counted but letting it stand is not a major felony

Well, I went into desperation mode at 12:50 when I saw that Liverpool wasn't going to engage. In my 5Dimes I dumped my remaining balance into Minnesota. In Heritage, I had only a fraction of the balance, so I put it all into a 3-way parlay - Minn 2.5, Rams -3, and 49ers (bought down to -7 - I thought -9.5 was a stretch. Glad I did!). That was +489 odds. WHEW!

So I would have broke even for the day, but decided to give Kevin's Ducks play a try for a modest gain. I swear it's damn impossible for cappers to make any money on hockey. Why do we bother?

Mr. Contrarian.

More like the Saints are probably the most unloved 6-1 team I can remember. Every week bettors trying to come up with a story of why the run ends, but man this defense is just ballin. I'm more than happy to keep backing them as short favorites or as dogs with the game manager at QB. They will certainly be a better team when Brees is back, but the value will almost certainly be priced out and I'd look to go the other way ATS-wise once he's in command again.