EOG's Best Bet thread for Thursday, July 23

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
>Posting Thursday for Saturday spot for Saturday match...
Saturday, July 26, 2020⚽
Chinese Super League Soccer
132207 Guangzhou Evergrande FC -208 (BetOnline)

6:15 am EDT/3:15 am PDT [Arena Sport 1 (SVK), SportKlub (SLO)]—What was Saturday before it was declared Saturday? And when was the first Saturday? And was Saturday immediately a “weekend” day? Was the first “weekend” ever great? Were Saturday and Sunday joined at the weekly hip from Day One? And did they have a big Sunday newspaper on the first Sunday? Probably not. These are the things that don’t keep me up at night because I am tired and sleeping. Or peeking at KBO Scores on my Laptop. Rust never Sleeps, Paco?

The China Super League begins play this weekend and I always back Guangzhou Evergrande because they did me good once upon a time before a Pangolin and a Horseshoe Bat had a meeting inside a dank Chinese cave in Fall of 2019 and the Pangolin said let’s hatch a plan to demonize Dr Anthony Fauci, Bill Gates, Vaccines, Science in general and Rocky the Squirrel. The Horseshoe Bat said “Who’s Dr Anthony Fauci, Bill Gates and Vax Seen?” and “I like Rocky the Squirrel.” So the animated rodent was spared but the rest of us may end up all being COVID-19 hosts. Shit happens? Perhaps the Pangolin was a Mask Lobbyist before he was eaten?
Guangzhou Evergrande welcomes Shanghai Shenhua to Tianhe Stadium (Grass) in Guangzhou early on Saturday and BetOnline has Guangzhou Evergrande Taobao F.C. as large -208 Home Favorites ($33.33 to win $16.02, BetOnline) with Shanghai Greenland Shenhua FC at +460 with a Draw priced at +270 currently (Thursday).

The Total for the match at 2½, 3o -115. The Goal Line market sees the South China Tigers (华南虎)—whose Motto is “Be The Best Forever,” so we now know where First Lady Melania Trump stole her salient “Be Best” from—giving 1, 1½ at +119 with Shanghai +1, +1½ but that too risky to lay or advise or pick with this being Matchweek 1 in the middle of a Pandemic in the country that it came from, so the Leaf-Cutters will have to wait and lay some lumber.

Laying lumber is easier when you Win, so quit worrying about prices and ranges you Used Car Dealers and maybe start just figuring out who should win and pay the price. That’s theoretically part of the bonus of having a Bankroll? My Range is -1,111 to +1,1111 but it often strays. There is no pain you are receding A distant ship smoke on the horizon You are only coming through in waves Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying When I was a child I had a fever My hands felt just like two balloons Now I've got that feeling once again...

The series Trends support backing F Wei Shihao and Guangzhou Evergrande here with the South China Tigers 18-4-11 all-time vs Shanghai Shenhua in all competitions (65 GF-47 GA) and 9-3-4 (31 GF-25 GA) at Home in Chinese Super League matches. But recently, Guangzhou Evergrande has heels the upper hand, going 5-0-1 the L6 meetings (16 GF-5 GA) and W3 straight (8 GF-1 GA) with 2 consecutive Clean Sheets in the 2009 season (GUANG 3-0 SHANG 0, SHANG 0-3 GUANG) with Shihao (below) scoring 3 of those 6 goals.

A deeper handicapping dive that requires a longer Hose, more Patience and 11.11 minutes more Earth Time shows that since turning from Guangzhou Pharmaceutical to Guangzhou Evergrande, the South China Tigers are 15-3-1 the L18 league meetings, outscoring The Flower of Shanghai (申花) 41-16 in the process. Confucius say back winning team.

So Evergrande is at Home, has the better Roster, has the Large Sample Size Trends supporting them in the season lid-lifter. Who would you take? Laying -1 seems wisest if one can find it, but I laid the over -200 without blinking an Eye as the -1, -1½ line sometimes just doesn’t feel right in certain spots. And the Chinese bodies also are prone to Rust. They have the oldest running civilization after all. Beau-tee is my Bismuth. Be the best Forever. Not just Then. It's never Then.

Guangzhou Evergrande FC 3 ✺ Shanghai Shenhua FC 1

Last edited:

hcskip

EOG Addicted
>Posting Thursday for Saturday spot for Saturday match...
Saturday, July 26, 2020⚽
Chinese Super League Soccer
132207 Guangzhou Evergrande FC -208 (BetOnline)

I'm seeing July 26 as a Sunday - right? Or maybe it's one of those "other side of the world" things....

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pinny

Sunday July 26

Manchester City/Norwich City Ov4 -111

Last time they met Norwich won 3-2 in a crazy game. Man City's manager will not let his team forget it. This is Norwich's last PL game since they got relegated. City has the CL in a few weeks so last time to get a good run in. Norwich hasn't scored a goal in some time. Think they get one here. Think we see at least 5 goals and if we get something like 7 it wouldn't shock me at all.

Winkyduck 656-880-45 +5.94 UNITS (Thursday July 23 904 Doyers -2.5 +113; Sunday July 26: Man City/Norwich City Ov4 -111; Mauricio Pochettino to be next Permanent Newcastle Manager +110; Bournemouth +125 to be Relegated AND +450 To Stay Up; Man City to win the Champions League +410; Vegas Knights to win the West +550; Gretchen Whitmer to be Democratic Veep Nominee: +1500 AND Val Demings +400; #IQ45 to NOT be the 2020 RepubliCON POTUS Nominee +500; 2 Units on Will Jacoby Brissett be Colts starter for Week 1 - NO +100; Next MLB Game to be Played August 1st or Sooner: YES -110 AND NO +125; Dodgers +200 to win the NL; Patriots RSW Ov8.5 -110 AND RSW Un9.5 -110; Jets RSW U6.5 +105; Bills to win the AFC East +275 AND Patriots +175; Will George W Bush endorse Joe Biden for POTUS: YES +350; Will Condoleezza Rice endorse Joe Biden +185; Joe Biden to be elected POTUS +120; Democrat wins Michigan in 2020 POTUS Election -180 & Wisconsin -130 & Florida +135 AND Georgia +200; #IQ45 to lose EC and Popular Vote +110..........#IQ45 to WIN EC but lose Popular Vote +200; Dems control the House/Repubs the Senate +150 AND Dems control the House AND the Senate +130; Next Justice to leave the SCOTUS: Clarence Thomas +400; Tua's 2020 Passing Yards: UNDER 3200 -120)

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Gerrit Cole over 7.5 strikeouts -125 (betonline.ag)

Soto is out of the lineup who was 4 for 6 with 2 HRs.

That moves a likely Howie Kendrick into the 3 spot. Also moves up Eric Thames to the 4 spot...who has 8 career strikeouts against Cole.

Cole threw 5.2 innings in that last team scrimmage.

He gets six innings here. Plenty of good K's in his season opener.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Kershaw not pitching so my -2.5 play is scratched.

I'll just do this:

Newcastle +1.5 -121

Winkyduck 657-881-45 +5.94 UNITS (Sunday July 26: Man City/Norwich City Ov4 -111 AND Newcastle +1.5 -121; Mauricio Pochettino to be next Permanent Newcastle Manager +110; Bournemouth +125 to be Relegated AND +450 To Stay Up; Man City to win the Champions League +410; Vegas Knights to win the West +550; Gretchen Whitmer to be Democratic Veep Nominee: +1500 AND Val Demings +400; #IQ45 to NOT be the 2020 RepubliCON POTUS Nominee +500; 2 Units on Will Jacoby Brissett be Colts starter for Week 1 - NO +100; Dodgers +200 to win the NL; Patriots RSW Ov8.5 -110 AND RSW Un9.5 -110; Jets RSW U6.5 +105; Bills to win the AFC East +275 AND Patriots +175; Will George W Bush endorse Joe Biden for POTUS: YES +350; Will Condoleezza Rice endorse Joe Biden +185; Joe Biden to be elected POTUS +120; Democrat wins Michigan in 2020 POTUS Election -180 & Wisconsin -130 & Florida +135 AND Georgia +200; #IQ45 to lose EC and Popular Vote +110..........#IQ45 to WIN EC but lose Popular Vote +200; Dems control the House/Repubs the Senate +150 AND Dems control the House AND the Senate +130; Next Justice to leave the SCOTUS: Clarence Thomas +400; Tua's 2020 Passing Yards: UNDER 3200 -120)