EOG's Best Bet thread for Wednesday, September 18

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pinny

4:30P

Atlanta United -1 +116***
***I gave serious thought to -1.5 +177 but will take this route instead***

This one has the making of something that could get real ugly - really fast. Atlanta is coming off a shocking 3-1 home loss on Saturday while Cincy is coming off a shocking 1-0 win Saturday at Montreal, so we know Atlanta will come in fully focused for this game. And they will REALLY be focused since these 2 played in March and somehow Cincy managed to get a 1-1 Draw in Atlanta. Cincy's "Defense" makes the Miami Dolphins Defense look like the 1970 Steel Curtain or Purple People Eaters. Josef Martinez has scored a goal in 14 straight games and is -200 to score any time in this match meaning, in a sense, Atlanta is starting the game already UP 1-0. This one could end up something like 4-1.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
Wednesday, September 18, 2019—209929 Atlanta United FC -145 (BetOnline)

7:30 pm EDT/4:30 pm PDT (ESPN+, MLS LIVE on ESPN+, MLS LIVE on DAZN, FOX Sports South, Star64, FloFC [CIN])—FC Cincinnati (+340) is an expansion team with the worst Record in the MLS (6-3-21, W-D-L, 30 GF-72 GA, -42 GD) playing one of the most prolific teams in the MLS with maybe the best player in the MLS (Josef Martínez, 24 Goals) who is quietly approaching a World Record League Scoring Streak and who has 19 Goals in his L14 games. Only sport icon Lionel Messi (21 straight, 2013-14) of Barcelona in Spain’s La Liga and Tor Henning Hamre (15 straight, 2003) for Estonia side Flora Tallinn have scored in more straight games.

Because of FCC and that reality, this hidden gem falls in the BE$T BET$ category (⋆) and that Purple ($100+) level and the perfect Cat vs Rat scenario with a fair price that’s already up 31 cents from Open (-139 to -160) on Monday evening (3½u -125). Ageless GK Brad Guzan and the defending champion Five Stripes (15-3-11, 48 GF-36 GA) now sadly sit in 3rd place in the Eastern Conference, behind NYCFC with Atlanta’s 11 Losses a glaring problem.

Form-wise, Atlanta United FC is WWWLL while FC Cincinnati is DLLLLW after upsetting the Impact in Montreal this weekend, 1-0 and sweeping the season series. Surprise. Marcos DeOliveira will be the Referee for this MLS Week 29 affair from historic Nippert Stadium (Act Global UBU Sports Speed M6-M) in Cincinnati where they gorge on Skyline Chili and Polly Wolly Doodle all day. Betting this big (Purple), the Tribe and the Sounders today.

The two teams tied 1-1 in Atlanta on March 10 in the only meeting ever between the two, so FCC and new HC Ron Jans won’t catch the visitors—coming off a 3-1 Home loss to the Crew—by surprise in Porkopolis on Hump Day night. This should be a fun watch with Striker Martínez chasing history. You can expect Martínez (-181 Anytime Goalscorer, 888sport) to score here vs the league Rats, probably first, and probably early on (1”-25”) at Nippert Stadium. Show us your nipperts.

FC Cincinnati 1 Atlanta United 3

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
For Thursday spot for Saturday with 26’s back on betting board...

Saturday, September 21, 2019—387 Baylor -26 -110 (BookMaker)

7 pm EDT/4 pm PDT (CBSC)—At first look, the NCAAF Week 4 schedule looks difficult, with some Conferences starting play and few Point Spreads that look like they have holes in them. Looking to fade C-USA West Division bottom feeders Rice (0-3 SU, 1-1-1 ATS) may be a smart betting approach in NCAAF in 2019, with the Owls 12-14-1 ATS L2+ seasons and now 3-25 SU their L28 after losing the first three games this Summer. Rice’s L3 SU Wins were vs Old Dominion, FCS Prairie View and UTEP. Please quit betting my shit non-eog readers. I'm getting "the worst of it every time." This is for my entertainment and for those who do not employ me who should have. The Mystics went from 8 to 10 and Atlanta United FC from 145 to 190 already and I am up at the crack of Dawn putting my humble paper down.

Last week, host Rice was boiled by Texas, 48-13 (TEX -32) as the Horns eked out an ATS cover in a Bad Beat situation for Rice backers and improved to 72-21-1 SU in the all-time series with their 14th straight Win against the Owls. Give a hoot, don’t pollute. In Week 1, Rice (+23½) played well at Army and covered in a 14-7 loss and then Pushed as 20-point Underdogs to Wake Forest in a 41-21 loss in Week 2.

With the Total at 58, oddsmakers think that Rice can control the Pace, and with the game at Rice Stadium (FieldTurf), it is possible. But trying to control Pace against Baylor used to be like taming a tiger although the Bears rank 115 in Plays Per Game (63.0) and aren’t as prolific as days past (29 ppg in 2018, 24 in 2017, 35 in 2016 and 48 in 2015). And with Rice at #125 averaging 59 plays, this could be lower-scoring than some think. But with Wake and Texas controlling Pace vs Rice, 41 and 48 points were scored and both games went Over the Total (59, 57). How can Razor Blades cost $1,053.08? Are we buying a skid, Bobby?

The Point Spread here opened at 25 on Sunday night and is up 1½ in some places to 26½ with a few 26’s still out there Offshore (Wednesday afternoon). Like Houston, this is a lower Orange level ($22/20) pick where a costly TO or a bad start may prohibit the big chalks Baylor from getting over the hump. The Bears (56, 63 points) have almost gone Over the Totals themselves in their first 2 games, but Baylor faced Stephen F Austin and UTSA—scrimmages in a way and Rice will be a step up. But a step up how high is the real question.

The Trends show Baylor (2-0 SU/ 1-1 ATS) is 7-1 ATS L8 meetings with Rice (1-8 SU L9), with the Owls actually covering ATS the last meeting (2017), getting 34 points in a 38-10 setback in Houston. QB Charlie Brewer and the Bears thrashed UTSA on Saturday, 63-14. The performance of the Owls D should be the big quotient here.

Allowing 89 points in its L2 games does not instill Confidence and playing the team ranked #1 in Scoring Offense (59.5 ppg) in the early bettor apparently. Lay that lumber my friend and feel no guilt. We will be labeled “Squares” together. RBs Gerry Bohanon (177 yards) and Trestan Ebner (3 TDs) and WR Denzel Mims (177 yards) will nobly fight for our little pieces of Green Paper with dead Presidents smiling on them. They would all be crying now.

Other Trends via the good folks over at Covers.com: The Home team, the Favorite and Baylor are all 5-1 ATS the L6, the Bears are 3-9-1 ATS L13 Non-Conference games but Baylor is 7-2-1 ATS L10 vs C-USA. Coming off 2 games where they scored almost 60 points, playing on a fast-track Field Turf surface in high Humidity (78%) leads to a hopefully logical conclusion the Bears (49-30-2 in series) will approach the (game) Total itself in a mini-blowout on Saturday night. Kinishiwa.

Baylor 52 Rice 20

Last edited:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Pinny

4:30P

Atlanta United -1 +116***
***I gave serious thought to -1.5 +177 but will take this route instead***

This one has the making of something that could get real ugly - really fast. Atlanta is coming off a shocking 3-1 home loss on Saturday while Cincy is coming off a shocking 1-0 win Saturday at Montreal, so we know Atlanta will come in fully focused for this game. And they will REALLY be focused since these 2 played in March and somehow Cincy managed to get a 1-1 Draw in Atlanta. Cincy's "Defense" makes the Miami Dolphins Defense look like the 1970 Steel Curtain or Purple People Eaters. Josef Martinez has scored a goal in 14 straight games and is -200 to score any time in this match meaning, in a sense, Atlanta is starting the game already UP 1-0. This one could end up something like 4-1.

Atlanta wins 2-0 and covered -1.5.......CRAP!

Winkyduck 564-756-39 +16.11 UNITS (Chelsea-Liverpool OVER 3 -104; Robert Kraft to be suspended 5-8 weeks +125; Raiders RSW U6 -125 and Julio Jones Most Reg Season Rec Yards +750 and Dolphins to have NFL's Worst Record +200; Sheffield United to finish DFL in PL +300; Brighton to be Relegated +185; Sunderland to Win League One +400)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Good run, Wink.

Thanks. Taking almost exclusively dogs (or very small priced faves) allows me to hit 40%-ish but still be in the Black. My winners average around +1.37

Nicest thing is I can make a decent amount of mistakes and still be in BOLD!

I assume you got the email I sent out today, too