EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (CHI_ARCHIE is our June contestant)

IMO this is a very difficult time of year for this contest. Not a whole lot out there to chose from, making this start even more impressive.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I think you need specific Rail... This is a college baseball play I see it is around your specified price +100 to -104
I'm not sure the rules. I'm assuming it's locked in once I post it. which sucks, a PPD is as good as a loss. It's my fault for not checking weather.

If it's possible to substitute out completely before first pitch. I'd take

San Diego Padres -107 tonight instead.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Even if a selected game is later PPD or NO ACTION, you can make it up anytime during the month.

However you can't deliberately chose a game that is already PPD just to get a delayed selection.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm not sure the rules. I'm assuming it's locked in once I post it. which sucks, a PPD is as good as a loss. It's my fault for not checking weather.

Just now seeing this post.

Your assumption was correct, ARCH.

No swapping out selections.

The total in Cincy is a go (the game is underway), the play on the Padres is a no go.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Game in Cincy was called with two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning and the Reds leading, 7-0.

ARCHIE's wager on OVER 9.5 is ruled a refund.

Still 5-0.

And as ComptrBob stated, Arch is allowed to offer a replacement selection anytime during the month.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Padres lost last night, 11-5.

From a contest standpoint, everything's looking good for CHI_ARCHIE.

Still undefeated after five documented contest plays.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Game in Cincy was called with two outs in the bottom of the seventh inning and the Reds leading, 7-0.

ARCHIE's wager on OVER 9.5 is ruled a refund.

Still 5-0.

And as ComptrBob stated, Arch is allowed to offer a replacement selection anytime during the month.

Okay so I can do a two play day at some point in this month, as long as they game is played by June 30?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: 3-2, Phillies.

Josh Hader entered the ninth inning, nursing a one-run lead and facing the 7-8-9 hitters in the Philadelphia order.

Hader unbelievably surrendered not one but two solo shots in the ninth inning.

Miserable way to lose.

Hang in there, ARCH.

5-1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
5-1

June 8th Play # 7

Yankees/Twins Over 8.5 -107

Timed the market beautifully here.

CHI_ARCHIE beat the number (game closed at 9) and because he beat the number, he then beat the game.

Final score: Twins 8 Yankees 1.

The home 'dog (+175 or thereabouts) scored a pair of runs in four consecutive innings (4th through 7th).

ARCH improves to 6-1.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I'm in the Windy city with time to kill, thought about going to this game, but decided to hang around the hotel area I'm at by the Riverwalk. Good luck my man!!!
ah I might have passed ya. Ran up and down most of the riverwalk from the lakeshore path earlier today.

go do a kayak ride on the river if you have the time. or the architectural tour on a real boat...

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
ah I might have passed ya. Ran up and down most of the riverwalk from the lakeshore path earlier today.

go do a kayak ride on the river if you have the time. or the architectural tour on a real boat...

Done all that many times.....today, just enjoying the sunny day up and down the river doing my exercise walk!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I miss the Italian beef sandwiches at Ricobene's, not far from Guaranteed Rate Field.

The rice and beans in Costa Rica get old in a hurry.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The good news: I'm a svelte 210 in Costa Rica compared to a sloppy 225 in Las Vegas.

#DamnBuffets