EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (JIMMYTHEGREEK is our June contestant)

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I actually won one. To quote the overrated and overpaid former New Jersey Net and Syracuse alumn Derek Coleman, 'whoop de damn doo'.

Jtg improves to 2-6 and ends his pathetic losing streak.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not meant to rub salt in the wound, Jimmy.

I apologize if the message offended you.

Not my intention.

I only wrote "Hehe" because I usually write "Improbable but not impossible."

This time, I added a twist to the phrase.

But, of course, it's NOT impossible to hit 15 straight.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Dodgers 3 Cubs 2.

Jimmy stands at 3-13.

No parting gifts in EOG's Grand Challenge.

But thanks for giving it a go, Jimmy.

TEXED

EOG Veteran
Jimmy, you ran into a buzz saw. If I remember right, you did this contest once before and won it by a wide margin. As Yogi might have said: You can sum it up in two words, You never know.

I always enjoy seeing your picks and posts.

jimmythegreek

Thank you Texed. You are correct I did go 18-9 a couple of years ago, do maybe the othe side of the futility coin was due to rear its ugly head. I'll sum it up like Woody Woodpecker did with his famous gone right to the police quote. "If management would have followed proper scheduling protocol, this would never have happened".

Last edited:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yeah I remember you kicking ass in the past Jimmy, streaks like this just remind us how frustrating it can be.

That said not much can be taken from such a small sample, positive or negative.

Also with you it's a big detriment not being able to bet FF, I check all your posted FF plays I see here on the forums, I know you are pretty consistent.

I try this challenge soon, I might give JK even more to laugh at in September. :)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hey now.

I wasn't laughing AT Jimmy, I was laughing at the line, "Improbable AND impossible."

I'm confident Patrick will post a winning record in September because he's a college football devotee.

Great month to gamble for those type.

jimmythegreek

I'll be rooting you home Patrick in a couple of months. Hey John, since I officially overlooked the scheduling gaffe, can you dip into the archives to see where I rank in the list if contest futility for curiousness purposes since there are no parting gifts given?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'll be rooting you home Patrick in a couple of months. Hey John, since I officially overlooked the scheduling gaffe, can you dip into the archives to see where I rank in the list if contest futility for curiousness purposes since there are no parting gifts given?

I cannot remember anyone who was eliminated by the 16th of the month.

Only ComptrBob would know for sure.

Last edited: