EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (MRBOWLING300 is our August contestant)

Heim

EOG Master
I went to one PBA tour event when I was young. My uncle loved bowling. It was at the Anaheim Bowl
by Disney. Have some photos with Don Johnson and Johnny Petraglia somewhere.

Pro bowlers are very accommodating to fans unlike other athletes.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I went to one PBA tour event when I was young. My uncle loved bowling. It was at the Anaheim Bowl
by Disney. Have some photos with Don Johnson and Johnny Petraglia somewhere.

Pro bowlers are very accommodating to fans unlike other athletes.

Very cool. Some are accommodating, others are a-holes. I've been to quite a few pro events. During the early qualifying rounds, there is typically not many fans there, and you can walk around and watch your favorite pros. Don Johnson and Johnny Petraglia are class acts. Don Johnson died about 10 years ago, and Johnny P is still going strong, competing professionally at the age of 70+!

railbird

EOG Master
my late cousin was a lefty that averaged 200, he told me lefty had an advantage in bowling but i forgot why

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
my late cousin was a lefty that averaged 200, he told me lefty had an advantage in bowling but i forgot why

In my league typically out of 10 on a pair of lanes, only 1 or 2 are lefties. The righties "chew up" the oil condition on their side of the lane, thus they have to make more adjustments, etc. On the left side, with fewer lane "traffic", the lane oil condition stays constant which makes for a bit easier time, not as many adjustments, etc. The lane oil patterns can be manipulated to make it impossible for lefties to score. This has been well documented in professional bowling.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Play #17, Oakland A's -108 over ChiSox at Pinny, 8:10PM ET start

Oakland starting pitcher Chris Bassitt got knocked out of the game...literally.

Bassitt left the game after getting hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of Brian Goodwin.

The line drive was clocked at 100 miles per hour off the bat of Goodwin.

Bassitt was admitted to a hospital for precautionary reasons.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Oakland starting pitcher Chris Bassitt got knocked out of the game...literally.

Bassitt left the game after getting hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of Brian Goodwin.

The line drive was clocked at 100 miles per hour off the bat of Goodwin.

Bassitt was admitted to a hospital for precautionary reasons.
Not a good outcome for me, reliever comes in, gives up a run and then a grand slam....this contest is going south really fast for me

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Hang in there, 300.

At 9-8, a three-game winning streak puts you back on pace to conquer the Challenge.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
They might keep Jack Morris on the side line tonight because Ohtani is pitching! So that means Heim will probably have to put up with Kirk Gibson again, lol.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
As long as I have the floor, these were last nights games. We have 1 more week of summer league, then 1 off week before fall starts up!
signal-2021-08-17-221117.png

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
With a must win today, coming up short like this, it feels comparable to having the first 11 strikes in a row and then fouling or throwing a gutter for a 290 game. Something I've never done, but have seen it happen twice.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Yeah, some comeback, Angels up 13-10.

What were the live odds on Anaheim after 5 innings when Detroit was up 10-2?

Very rarely do the emotions of a game get to me, but today early on it did when the Tigers were up pretty quick. To me, it is not about the money or anything like that (I did have a bet on Anaheim as well), but it is my competitive nature of wanting to do well in this contest, and that's what got to me. It doesn't matter if I'm bowling, playing corn hole, or putt putt golf against a 8 year old kid, I want to win, and I take defeat a bit too hard at times, lol. Most of the time, I'm pretty stoned faced during a game, you wouldn't know if I'm up or down, but today you sure knew, lol.

I feel lucky today, and live to see another day in the contest. Tomorrow is pick #20!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Also, I rarely watch a game while it is happening as well. I would rather watch a reply or highlights later on once the contest is completed. It takes all the emotion out of the game / bet. Couldn't help it today, while having the game on the background while I was working.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The best thing happening to the Detroit Tigers of late is Miggy going for #500 HR. During this entire homestand, they have sold out. I'm sure they would like to have him sit out road games and only play at home, if he gets #500 on the road, then say good bye to all the fans who were going to the park to watch! Tigers go on to Toronto next.