EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NOWSHESMYRUCA is our March contestant)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
For me fewer picks equals a better chance of hitting 60%. In theory the push rate on these hockey totals should help my cause.

Everything I was on today Pinnacle was either way off on points or I couldn't get less than -110 at a figure I liked.

Generally true since the smaller the sum win+loss, the better the chance of hitting 60% or better. Historically, most ever is 4 pushes (3 times).

Some pushes rate better than others because most cause the winning win rate to be greater than 60%.

Some of the "best" # of pushes vs minimum win rate needed are:

#pushes (min win%) (win/loss needed)
0 60.00% 18-12
2 60.71% 17-11
4 61.54% 16-10
5 60.00% 15-10
7 60.87% 14-9
10 60.00% 12-8
12 61.11% 11-7

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Final score: Bulls 128 Pelicans 124.

A handy winner for 'Ruca.

2-1

Congratulations, JK. Winky has managed to turn this contest into the EOG Oscars with his contest. He hasn't won yet but he has posted a fake bet, changed the juice after it lost, made 2 critical rule changes and pretending to ignore me and Teddy. Nowhere to go but onward and upward!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This means Winky went from 30 plays in 31 days to an unlimited amount of plays in any amount of days. Never change, Winky. No, siriusly. Never change!

**If the play ends in a PUSH – that is how it will be graded. I will not be allowed to submit another pick
**I avoided some games because they could have ended in a PUSH. So from now on plays will only count if they end in a result. Plays that end up as a PUSH will not count and only plays where a Win/Loss results will be counted.

With 31 days and only 30 plays it means I can take 1 day off or submit a play all 31 days.
**I can pick as many games on any day as I like. If I want to play 5 games in 1 day - I can.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
This means Winky went from 30 plays in 31 days to an unlimited amount of plays in any amount of days. Never change, Winky. No, siriusly. Never change!

**If the play ends in a PUSH – that is how it will be graded. I will not be allowed to submit another pick
**I avoided some games because they could have ended in a PUSH. So from now on plays will only count if they end in a result. Plays that end up as a PUSH will not count and only plays where a Win/Loss results will be counted.

With 31 days and only 30 plays it means I can take 1 day off or submit a play all 31 days.
**I can pick as many games on any day as I like. If I want to play 5 games in 1 day - I can.

Siriusly, clever.

The marketing people at Sirius may want to talk to you, Dude.

Then again, maybe not.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Live total with less than seven minutes left in the first half sat at 155.5.

Live total with less than four minutes left in the first half now at 143.5.

Ugh.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Buffalo 81 Kent State 67.

As 'Ruca hinted, the pace was there but the underdog's production was woeful

3-2