EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (Patrick McIrish is our September contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Thanks John, DSI, EOG.

Out of the house today, I'll make a quick one and pass on OVER in tonight's football game.

Play 1 - Cin/StL U8- (-110)

Mahle/Mikolas (Game #1)

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yes, no doubt September is a positive month for something like this. Certainly for a competent capper.

I planned on as much college football as possible but lately in a rare baseball run.......

Might stick with it until my normal baseball returns show back up, LOL.

Good luck to your Eagles (think they are going to be VERY TOUGH this year).

Thanks man, good luck this month.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Not to jinx, but this is the 8th September of the Grand Challenge, record is 0-7.

Small sample!

I do find that a little surprising only because I think September is a fertile month for this sort of contest.....

Of course with that said it depends on the punter.

I volunteered to be moved back to September because I prefer as much football as possible.

Someone with strong pucks, NCAAB, NBA and so on might have other preferences but September is about the best I could hope for,

No worries, I'm kicking off the 4th quarter with a W, you close it the same way Bob.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Small sample!

I do find that a little surprising only because I think September is a fertile month for this sort of contest.....

Of course with that said it depends on the punter.

I volunteered to be moved back to September because I prefer as much football as possible.

Someone with strong pucks, NCAAB, NBA and so on might have other preferences but September is about the best I could hope for,

No worries, I'm kicking off the 4th quarter with a W, you close it the same way Bob.

October - SVBETTOR

November - TEXED

December - ComptrBob

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
A winner to get started, well done Pat and BOL going forward

Thanks Kane, stay safe and dry buddy.

John - just to be clear on this, I can have several plays for a NCAAF Saturday and/or NFL Sunday as long as I use daily picks?

So on Tuesday I can make a daily play for Saturday, do the same on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and so on.... to the point I have 5 plays going same day?

I can have several plays on the same day, I just have to limit my plays to 1 a day?

I won't ask again, sorry, I'm lacking a NW education. :)

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Play 2 - Notre Dame -18 (-109)

Full disclosure I'm not even betting this one. I did wager 1H ND -10 but Irish have a habit of playing down to competition.......

Damn Louisville was bad last year though, total yards they were near the bottom in both offense (114th) and defense (121st).

They do have 10 starters back on defense but that only helps if they have some talent, most do not. New coach but it will take a while.

Not liking this one, a lack of Irish firepower makes 18 a ton but I'll roll the dice with this one instead of the Mets today.

Good luck men.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Thanks Kane, stay safe and dry buddy.

John - just to be clear on this, I can have several plays for a NCAAF Saturday and/or NFL Sunday as long as I use daily picks?

So on Tuesday I can make a daily play for Saturday, do the same on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and so on.... to the point I have 5 plays going same day?

I can have several plays on the same day, I just have to limit my plays to 1 a day?

I won't ask again, sorry, I'm lacking a NW education. :)

Even though I don't have a NW education :) , I'll jump in to confirm as long as its just 1 play a day, you can accumulate picks as long as they play within the month.

Theoretically you could have had 8 plays going on next Sunday by using the games on the Sept 8 NFL schedule.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
ComptrBob once told me about his advanced studies in aeronautical engineering, "I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you."

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Good luck Patty. Are you playing for St. Judes or some other organization that provides free healthcare to sick American kids?

American Kids First!
- Pattycakes

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Good luck Patty. Are you playing for St. Judes or some other organization that provides free healthcare to sick American kids?

American Kids First!
- Pattycakes

It's going to kids who suffer from Prader-Willi syndrome. A very close family friend has a son who suffers from this ailment.....

Probably the biggest characteristic (certainly not the only one) are these kids are constantly hungry. Constantly.

If not monitored they can literally eat themselves to death.

Can you imagine having a child like that? Can you imagine the effort it entails?

Not only locks on your food cabinets, refrigerators at your home and so on, but having to both closely monitor and educate everywhere and anywhere your kid might go.....

Schools, birthday parties, camps, baby sitters, relatives and so on. Hard at toddler age, a monumental task as they age into teenage years.

Truly a 24 hour a day job.

This woman is a personal hero, not only does that for her son, in addition has ran her own event to raise money for all kids who suffer from this,.....

Not just her kid, for all kids who suffer from this. And she's done it for years!!

I invite you to follow up with JK if I do indeed hit 60%, I will never see a check or any cash for this, it will go directly to that foundation and/or a representative.

I didn't start this out with that because I thought my chances were less than 50%, didn't want to be out here all pompous trying to be seen as a good guy without actually doing anything.

Talk is cheap, if the money isn't donated I don't want an ounce of credit for a good "thought".

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt BR, I'm going to assume you are actually worried about helping kids, thank you for your concern.

Thank you for wishing me well.

Back to business.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Full disclosure I'm not even betting this one. I did wager 1H ND -10 but Irish have a habit of playing down to competition.......

Damn Louisville was bad last year though, total yards they were near the bottom in both offense (114th) and defense (121st).

They do have 10 starters back on defense but that only helps if they have some talent, most do not. New coach but it will take a while.

Not liking this one, a lack of Irish firepower makes 18 a ton but I'll roll the dice with this one instead of the Mets today.

Good luck men.

I know, I know, the Irish got no chance to cover tonight, guessed wrong again.

Sigh.

:mad: :mad:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Good luck men.

Final score: Notre Dame 35 Louisville 17.

1-0-1

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Very classy guys, thank you Stevo and JK, very inspiring. Feel like I need to work extra hard now......

BTW I'm not proud, anyone smarter than me can send a PM at any time if they feel strongly about a play.

The other 2 guys on the forum I don't need to hear from you.

Still smarting over the tie last night..... just pathetic.

Some coaches get the most out of their talent, some get the least.

Small schools that run the wishbone for example get a lot of what they have.

Big schools with 5 stars all over the field seem to think they are going to out talent the other team every week.

I might be the only guy on the planet but Saban is an example of that to me......

Give him the opponents talent and play against his he would probably never win a game.

GREAT recruiter but give that level of talent to about 2/3rds of the other coaches in football and they do as good or better than he has.

Anyway thanks Brian Kelly, hope I see your fat ass at the Irish Social this year!!!!

:mad::mad::mad:

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Very classy to play for charity Pat

Thanks Kane but only counts if you win. Good thoughts aren't going to find a cure.

I'm a notoriously bad loser, doesn't matter if it's 25% of BR or just for fun, I do not handle it well. I will be going 110% at winning this thing.

Because of PM's at OGD for years (and your record here) I know you tend to do well, don't be shy about sending me something to be considered.

And BTW you too Steve-O, you and I had a nice baseball thing going at the RX a few years back. PM box is wide open.

I've argued with your wife about this for years, you're a good man in my opinion Steve, thanks for kicking in extra when we hit 60%.

Baseball play coming very shortly...... waiting for a total to drift back a couple of cents. Boy this is harder than I thought it would be.

kane

EOG master
Thanks Kane but only counts if you win[/B]. Good thoughts aren't going to find a cure.

I'm a notoriously bad loser, doesn't matter if it's 25% of BR or just for fun, I do not handle it well. I will be going 110% at winning this thing.

Because of PM's at OGD for years (and your record here) I know you tend to do well, don't be shy about sending me something to be considered.

And BTW you too Steve-O, you and I had a nice baseball thing going at the RX a few years back. PM box is wide open.

I've argued with your wife about this for years, you're a good man in my opinion Steve, thanks for kicking in extra when we hit 60%.

Baseball play coming very shortly...... waiting for a total to drift back a couple of cents. Boy this is harder than I thought it would be.

The charity getting the money only counts if you win, but it's still a classy gesture on your part whether you win or not