EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (Patrick McIrish is our September contestant)

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Even though I don't have a NW education........

Thanks for keeping me straight Bob, even without a top-level quality education you've been a help. :LOL:

I got 2 plays going today but listed one yesterday and one today, based on an earlier response I'm pretty sure that should be within regulations.

The question is listing pitchers, does it matter? Or am I stuck with the UNDER today regardless of changes in the circle?

If CB doesn't see it can you reply John when it's convenient, I should have checked previously but didn't think about it.

Do I even have option of listed or action? And if I do list pitchers and there is a change, where and when would I have to make up the game?

Would I have to do it that very day or can I make 2 plays on one day? Only 30 days this month, no "off" days.

Last batch of questions....... I promise...... (until timorrow). :geek:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Same rules as in a Las Vegas sports book, Patrick.

If you don't list pitchers, you have action regardless of the starting pitchers.

You listed pitchers, therefore the pitchers must go for action to be declared.

If you keep winning, feel free to ask a question every day.

Current record: 2-0-1.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Ok, thanks JK. So if a play is cancelled I can just make two plays on one day to make up for it? Any day of my choosing?

The regular Vegas rules are easy enough, the one play per day and only one is what makes me ask.....

I don't want to look the next day, see there was a change and not realize I needed another play that same day.

Got it now, carry on. Thank you for your patience.

Winning has ended, this has 0-2 written all over it.....

Pinnacle must be dealing to faces, they went to 9- immediately after I put a play in at U9, LOL. No respect.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
And if I do list pitchers and there is a change, where and when would I have to make up the game?

Would I have to do it that very day or can I make 2 plays on one day? Only 30 days this month, no "off" days.

What's the answer to this question?

Excellent question Patrick. And I hope you make it on picks we don't disagree on (written in all good humor). There may be one game that we disagree on that I haven't bet yet.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Very fair Forest, I can't complain about that. Thank you for the good wishes.

I hope for your sake you faded both my picks tonight, both are dead losers.

I can't watch any more of this crap tonight.....

Good luck with your action, hope it's a better night than mine.

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
Very fair Forest, I can't complain about that. Thank you for the good wishes.
I hope for your sake you faded both my picks tonight, both are dead losers.
Good luck with your action, hope it's a better night than mine.

Thank you Patrick for the kind words. They are much appreciated.

I did eventually bet Green Bay 1st half +2.5 even and +145 money line.

The pick we had the disagreement on was the full game, Green Bay +3 even. I also had Green Bay +150 money line. Generally, (point of humor: Now I sound like Robert Mueller during his Congressional testimony, "Generally, . . . .") when I bet a dog, I do so because I think they'll win the game straight-up. Then I take the points as a form of "insurance". I like first half points because the zero comes into play, as I win my first half dog points bet with a tie score and push with the money line.

Also, as an aside, I liked the game as I enjoy defensive football. I much prefer that type of game where the defensive lines dominate the offensive lines, then that Rams/Chiefs "flag football" affair last season when each team scored on almost every possession and defense was optional (even though I won my Chiefs +3.5 game bet.)

I wish you would have won your other bet, so you get the 60% and are able to help those children with that horrible hunger eating disorder. Best of luck with the rest of your picks.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Brewers 7 Cubs 1.

Patrick's current record is 3-2-1 for a winning rate of 60%.

Stop the race.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Play 8 LAA/CWS OVER 9- (-108)

I have about 6 NFL games I like about the same, impossible to reduce down to one.....

Short sample but 3-0 in totals this challenge, going to ride one more this afternoon.

Good luck today men, let's cash some tickets.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The White Sox have been miserable the last two weeks.

They're 2-10 over their last 12 games.

Average score in those games: 7-5.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
The White Sox have been miserable the last two weeks.

They're 2-10 over their last 12 games.

Average score in those games: 7-5.

John, I neglected to list pitchers in my post, so does that mean my play is going to count?

It's 1-1 in the 3rd inning so there's no big edge either way, that's why I'm asking now.

The only reason I would think the play might not count is to make it consistent, the new price has to be -110 or lower as well for it to count, right?

In this case I think it is but what if the adjusted price was -140 or so?

No big edge right but seems like listed pitchers being assumed and the plays being cancelled would be the more consistent thing in this challenge.

Again. I'm good either way, just want to clarify it as soon as possible. Thanks.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Play 8 LAA/CWS OVER 9- (-108)

I have about 6 NFL games I like about the same, impossible to reduce down to one.....

Short sample but 3-0 in totals this challenge, going to ride one more this afternoon.

Good luck today men, let's cash some tickets.

Totals wagering assumes listed pitchers.

I now see Ramirez started for Barria.

No bet.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I'm on my phone when I checked but I notice my play got cancelled at other books so I assume there was a change.....

Barria was listed for the Angels wasn't he?

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
These bullpen games can make it hard, without bets being cancelled I may have never noticed.

Okay, try again....

Play 8 Tampa Bay Bucs -1 (-109)

I like U51 in this game just as much but play with the home town boys.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Yes, plenty. The problem is time isn't the problem. :LOL:

Thank you for the encouraging word though, got to tell you my respect for past winners has grown substantially after getting placed in the fire.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I like your college football strategy, Patrick.

Thanks John, this fails I admit defeat.

BTW these threads are kind of like the old gambling charters......

On the way out it's a roaring crowd, lot of high fives, partying, the mood is festive, everyone dressed to the 9's.

On the way back you can hear a pin drop. Alphas glaring at each other, everyone in sweat pants, chicks with no make-up on.

Things like this contest are the same, prototypical forumville player changes drastically when up or down.

When up he's buying coffee, playing grab ass, holding court, yapping it up with any and all....

After a losing streak the good will dies, the momentum is gone, the poster's SOH has disappeared, he rarely checks the thread.

Come Sunday the reach-arounds will be back, that's all I'm going to say, a 4-1 CFB will put me at 8-5-1, back in the hunt.

Pointless observation #12565 completed.....

railbird

EOG Master
Thanks John, this fails I admit defeat.

BTW these threads are kind of like the old gambling charters......

On the way out it's a roaring crowd, lot of high fives, partying, the mood is festive, everyone dressed to the 9's.

On the way back you can hear a pin drop. Alphas glaring at each other, everyone in sweat pants, chicks with no make-up on.

Things like this contest are the same, prototypical forumville player changes drastically when up or down.

When up he's buying coffee, playing grab ass, holding court, yapping it up with any and all....

After a losing streak the good will dies, the momentum is gone, the poster's SOH has disappeared, he rarely checks the thread.

Come Sunday the reach-arounds will be back, that's all I'm going to say, a 4-1 CFB will put me at 8-5-1, back in the hunt.

Pointless observation #12565 completed.....

They came in spastic like tameless horses, they left in plastic as numbered corpses - Billy Joel

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Play 10 CMich 3- (-107)

Maybe I'm just being stubborn but I still like this game. This opened 6 and went all the way down to pick, settled at -1 for a period of time.

I see now Pinny is at 2/-108.

The # moved because starting QB, RB and a key guy on defense were/are questionable, I was aware when I played it.

Gainesville to CMichigan roots run deep, someone smarter than me likes the back-up better than he does the starter......

In fact when I asked about the QB and the impact, he said he liked the play better if the starter didn't play. At worst it was a wash.

I can't speak to that but I do think CMichigan is a much stronger team from top to bottom and playing at home.

CMichigan and OVER parlay for shits and giggles will probably hit.

Good luck this weekend men, I can't wait!