EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (PUCKHANDLER is our February contest)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

Last edited:
5-3 Pens final.

Ironically, puck handling is not a highly sought after skill nowadays.
Game has changed. It’s all about speedily passing the puck forward following a system.

Fun fact, once in minor hockey my coach compared my penalty killing puck handling skills to Max Bentley.
Coach Jack was old. And I never saw Max Bentley play. So thanks I guess

are regulation bets allowed? for instance today New Jersey was +.5 -110 for 60 min regulation. these are my most common wager, but as for this competition will I be able to play these?

are regulation bets allowed? for instance today New Jersey was +.5 -110 for 60 min regulation. these are my most common wager, but as for this competition will I be able to play these?
While JK enjoys his daily CR siesta, I personally would interpret the rule stated above as “full game” means including OT.

Also Puckhandler, what are your thoughts regarding Patrick Laine who has scored zero goals and just 6 points in 2019?
This 6’5” 206 lbs Fin was a prolific offensive machine before this sudden retreat.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Why not?

Let's do it.

In this competition, it's the player against the house so we go by the spirit of the law.

While JK enjoys his daily CR siesta, I personally would interpret the rule stated above as “full game” means including OT.

Also Puckhandler, what are your thoughts regarding Patrick Laine who has scored zero goals and just 6 points in 2019?
This 6’5” 206 lbs Fin was a prolific offensive machine before this sudden retreat.

Laine's playing very tentative the longer this slump goes, however I am not too concerned. I have never seen a more streakier player in all my years following hockey.

Back on track with back to back wins. I don't think there is a more excruciating wager in sports than an under wager in hockey where you need teams to go scoreless in the remaining minutes of a game.

play #6

Boston Bruins -.5 +101 regulation vs New York Islanders

NY Islanders have acquired points in every road game since Dec 20 in a 4-2 loss in Vegas. the streak has to end sometime. Bruins need to win in regulation for this wager to cash.

Boston takes care of business winning 3-1. Need to string together some wins now. Only 2 NHL games Wednesday. Might have to play a basketball game.

Record 3-3