EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (SHARKY99 is our January contestant)

ComptrBob

EOG Master
It's probably worth posting the effect pushed results have on Win% in the 30 pick contest.

1st push hurts, 2nd helps, 3rd hurts, 4th helps, 5th helps. So with 1 push already, the next one will help Win%.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Nothing looked decent to me today so going to post a game this weekend for today's play this evening.

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
bad luck early f... Montana State QB sprains his ankle on the 1st drive, jumped on the Under 21.5 ingame 1st Half with both defenses being fairly strong and uncertainty with the Montana State situation

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
It's probably worth posting the effect pushed results have on Win% in the 30 pick contest.

1st push hurts, 2nd helps, 3rd hurts, 4th helps, 5th helps. So with 1 push already, the next one will help Win%.
if your over 60pct it helps, if your under 60 pct it hurts

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not much of a card for me to pick from so today's play will be played next Saturday the 8th

Montana State +8 against North Dakota State

No good.

SHARKY99 falls to 3-2-1 after six documented selections with a pair of Sunday NFL plays (Bears +5.5 and Giants UN 38) pending.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Hmmm...

Sharky99 is on pace to conquer the Challenge with a record of 3-2-1.

At this rate, he would finish 15-10-5 with the pushes neither helping nor hurting his cause.

3-2-1
6-4-2
9-6-3
12-9-4
15-10-5

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
Thanks for the breakdown John, I could definitely see more ties happen with possibly playing more hockey totals

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Sharky99 is on pace to conquer the Challenge with a record of 3-2-1.

At this rate, he would finish 15-10-5 with the pushes neither helping nor hurting his cause.

3-2-1
6-4-2
9-6-3
12-9-4
15-10-5

Extrapolating 4 more pushes is the exceptionally rare case, but it shows the 5th push helps.

To illustrate the much more probable case, if say you are at 3-2, your next pick will be W, P, or L so you will either be 4-2, 3-2-1, or 3-3.

Thus if there are no more pushes, you will need to go at least 14-10, 15-9 or 15-9 to be >=60%. So clearly that first push hurts as much as a loss.

Now let's say you are 3-2-1, and you need 15-9 if no more pushes. Your next pick (W, P, L) will get you to 4-2-1, 3-2-2, or 3-3-1, which means at least 14-9, 14-9, or 15-8 to hit >=60%. Thus the second push results in the same W/L target as the win, so it helps.

Last edited:

sharky99

EOG Dedicated
4th Quarters weren't good to me on Sunday unfortunately, barely stayed under last night with a 29 point 4th quarter, hopefully the bounces go NO way tonight

550 NO +3.5 -105

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
4th Quarters weren't good to me on Sunday unfortunately, barely stayed under last night with a 29 point 4th quarter, hopefully the bounces go NO way tonight

550 NO +3.5 -105

Final score: 128-125, New Orleans.

The Pelicans won outright.

6-4-1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: 108-85, Knicks.

The Mavs led by a single point (8-7) at only one point in the game.

They never had the number covered.

A complete no-show on the road.

It happens, especially in the NBA with the 82-game schedule.

SHARKY99 falls to 6-5-1.