EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (SVBETTOR is our October contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

svbettor

EOG Veteran
My plays are at 5 dimes now for FCS. Can I use 5 Dimes lines now since they are available there now?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
My plays are at 5 dimes now for FCS. Can I use 5 Dimes lines now since they are available there now?

Hmmm...

We have graded the plays against Pinnacle numbers for years.

It would be unfair to the house to change the rules now.

Pinnacle numbers only.

svbettor

EOG Veteran
So do I have to wait to play ? and I accidentally put Minny -111 which was supposed to be -110 ???

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
So I'm guessing by the contest rules, your Army play would be today's play since you posted it first, and the other two plays would be void, but JK and ComptrBob need to make the final call on that.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
324 Army +3 EV WA
So I'm guessing by the contest rules, your Army play would be today's play since you posted it first, and the other two plays would be void, but JK and ComptrBob need to make the final call on that.

JK can make the final call, but like EJD says you can only submit one play a day (unless you are doing a make-up play for a "NO ACTION" or February extra play for a short month). This usually means "only one play from 12 midnight to 12 midnight of each day using your time zone" usually PT unless you specify another.

It is irrelevant if a line is WA or available somewhere else, only the Pinny line counts so your first pick is Army +100 and any others today are ignored. Note you can enter a pick at 11:59PM one day and another pick a minute later at 12:00 AM.

svbettor

EOG Veteran
JK can make the final call, but like EJD says you can only submit one play a day (unless you are doing a make-up play for a "NO ACTION" or February extra play for a short month). This usually means "only one play from 12 midnight to 12 midnight of each day using your time zone" usually PT unless you specify another.

It is irrelevant if a line is WA or available somewhere else, only the Pinny line counts so your first pick is Army +100 and any others today are ignored. Note you can enter a pick at 11:59PM one day and another pick a minute later at 12:00 AM.

I will follow the rules Computer Bob

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I wonder if it was ever considered that contest plays should be made rather on that day instead of future plays for consistency and injuries/ line change purposes. Never really a big fan of making plays a few days in advance as line swings because of status could help or hurt you

svbettor

EOG Veteran
I had Minnesota -13.5 too but I do not think it was included?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Just off the phone with the boys at BetDSI.

They said to credit you with a victory for the Minnesota Golden Gophers selection.

SVBETTOR now 2-3.