EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (Wade is our September contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played within a 30-day time frame.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, NCAAF, NHL, NBA, NCAAB, MLB, MLS, CFL and WNBA.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
WADE was our March contestant earlier this year when the pandemic hit.

His record of 5-6 was declared "no contest" and he was promised a fresh start somewhere down the road.

Here we go: Take two.

Last edited:

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated
GL Wade....Mr.Kelly wants you to know that if you win this month you will also be named Head Moderator. Now thats pressure

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Current score: Giants 7 Rockies 1, bottom 3.

Just checked the in-game total.

It's 16 at Coors Field.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Current score: Giants 20 Rockies 2, top 8.

The G-men have scored in each of the first eight innings.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Final score: 8-2, Cubs.

Two plays, two winners for WADE.

The ultimate goal is 18-12.

The ultimate goal should be +4.8 units not some bogus record. Going 15-15 for +8.00 units is not as good as going 18-12 for +3.00 units according to how things are run here. That is asinine. Only Vegas Dave would think like this. I realize I may be screaming to deaf ears but the way this contest is run is dumb, wrong and counter to the way things should be done. Rewarding winning percentage over units won is something we want to reward here?

OK, Karen

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
The ultimate goal should be +4.8 units not some bogus record. Going 15-15 for +8.00 units is not as good as going 18-12 for +3.00 units according to how things are run here. That is asinine. Only Vegas Dave would think like this. I realize I may be screaming to deaf ears but the way this contest is run is dumb, wrong and counter to the way things should be done. Rewarding winning percentage over units won is something we want to reward here?

OK, Karen
This has been a long but respected debate going back to when I used to run contests back at my former forums. That being said, I totally agree with your concept based on the ability to wager multiunits generating and maintaining a profit overall. However, when it comes to efficiency and a daily based on one unit play within a time limit and a daily pick, the goal is targeting percentage and likelihood of hitting at the long term capable rate. Therefore I have no issue with the format of the contest.

An added incentive might be a 90% or better success rate minimum, resulting in prize money increased by 150% or doubled, but that might throw a monkey wrench in capper discipline causing them to overthink the play under pressure.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Two wins and two losses from four selections.

A Saturday victory puts WADE back on pace to conquer the Challenge.

jimmythegreek

This looked good after 4 innings but too many stranded runners late. Wind was blowing out all night. Tough loss.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
WADE started the event with two winners.

He since has lost seven straight.

I show WADE with a record of 2-7 heading into tonight's action.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I think i'm 6-3

Angels/Rangers Over 8.5 -108

Final score: Angels 6 Rangers 2.

Under bettors survived four runs in the first inning.

WADE cannot catch a break.

He falls to 2-8 after 10 outcomes.

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

Final score: Angels 6 Rangers 2.

Under bettors survived four runs scored being scored in the first inning.

WADE cannot catch a break.

He falls to 2-8 after 10 outcomes.

It's still early, but almost feels like when I won my first game in my second go around in this contest only to end up 3-13.

Please reel off at least the next two, Wade.