EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (WINKY is our March contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rules:

1. Contestant will post 30 plays in 30 days (one play per day) starting the first of the month.
  2. Games must be played by month's end.
  3. Major North American team sports only: NFL, CFL, NCAAF, NBA, WNBA, NCAAB, NHL, MLB and MLS.
  4. Full-game sides and totals -110 or LOWER.
  5. Contestants are graded against Pinnacle numbers at the time of post.
  6. Must hit 60% or better to be declared a winner of the $1,000 prize.
  7. Cannot play both sides of the same game.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Best of luck to a scrappy cancer survivor and a friend to many here at EOG.

Go Winky!

TYVM to JK for this opportunity.

In this thread I am only going to make (up to) 33 posts.

1: This one.
2-31 or 2-32: A post for every pick made during the month. Because I have 31 days to make 30 picks it means I can take one day off if I so choose. If I choose to do so I will post that I am skipping a day.
32 or 33: A last one.

THAT!
IS!
IT!

People can chime in and say all they want. I will not reply/respond/like anything they post. That means when a certain-someone starts hijacking this thread he can do all he wants - I will not respond to anything.........never mind the fact I have him on IGNORE so I don't see his posts anyway.

Each day I have from 12:01A to 11:59P to post a play. Some days I might push that 11:59P time and that might very well be the case on March 1 (Almost certainly a Big West play and don't be shocked if a decent number of plays are from that Conference........there is one matchup I am on my knees hoping happens in the Tourney because if so it will be as ugly of a blowout as it can get). I am 99% sure I know what my play will be on March 4 but I also know that play will not be posted until minutes before the game.

Don't be surprised to see plays such as: NHL faves to win in Regulation (So I can get them below -110) or NHL/MLB teams laying -2.5 goals/runs to also get it below -110.

So until some time on March 1.................................

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I will be posting a competing be best contest in my vanity thread. If Kinky beats me, $100 to his favourite charity. Good lick, Kinky.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There is probably a psychological word for it but Kinky and John Ziegler sharia the same trait of having to always take their special needs to be unique or first to the untouchable level. They can never do anything normal. Everything has to be a one personality walkoff. Just post your plays asshole.

Each day I have from 12:01A to 11:59P to post a play. Some days I might push that 11:59P time

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
There is probably a psychological word for it but Kinky and John Ziegler sharia the same trait of having to always take their special needs to be unique or first to the untouchable level. They can never do anything normal. Everything has to be a one personality walkoff. Just post your plays asshole.

Each day I have from 12:01A to 11:59P to post a play. Some days I might push that 11:59P time
I've never mentioned this before, but I'm non-binary, and my pronouns are zee/zir. If you don't stop misgendering me, expect a lawsuit.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've never mentioned this before, but I'm non-binary, and my pronouns are zee/zir. If you don't stop misgendering me, expect a lawsuit.

I've never mentioned this before, but I'm gender binary and my only pronoun is Your Royal Highness.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
All business for WINKY this month.

He shouldn't be given a month if he is going to continue to pretend ignore everybody. This is supposed to be a fun contest for the forum. No point when the contestant doesn't engage with the posters. kane to his credit gave as good as he got. But Kinky is a good guy even though he is pretty fucking far from being good.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JK, what was the last college game of note played before the shutdown?

Hahaha.

There was a Northwestern hoop game stopped at halftime?

Is that possible?

Hmmm...

Big Ten tournament game, if memory serves.

Will need to look it up.

I clearly remember Mark Cuban's courtside reaction when someone told him the NBA season was going to be canceled.

Strange times, indeed.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
There will be no accountability for what they did. They canceled an entire year of life. They stole a year from us. For less than nothing. We will be suffering from the consequences of that year for many years so they stole more than 1 year. I am not going to go political. But these fuckers are getting away with it without even an apology. At least I wasn't stupid enough to get the vaccine.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Hahaha.

Is that possible?

Hmmm...

Big Ten tournament game, if memory serves.

Will need to look it up.

I clearly remember Mark Cuban's courtside reaction when someone told him the NBA season was going to be canceled.

Strange times, indeed.
Yes, it was a B1G tournament game and it involved Northwestern....they may have been the last team to play on that Thursday before the rest of the tournament was canceled.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There will be no accountability for what they did. They canceled an entire year of life. They stole a year from us. For less than nothing. We will be suffering from the consequences of that year for many years so they stole more than 1 year. I am not going to go political. But these fuckers are getting away with it without even an apology. At least I wasn't stupid enough to get the vaccine.

I got the Pfizer vaccine (two shots) because I did not want to get hassled at the airports.

But when the CDC recommended a "booster shot" after telling me I was "fully vaccinated," I channeled my inner Amy Winehouse and "I said NO NO NO."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Does anyone check if ur vaccinated anywhere now?

Not in the States or Costa Rica.

Biden selected May 11 as the end of the pandemic emergency declarations.

I believe Philippines still has some COVID-19 travel restrictions in place.

ComptrBob

EOG Master

Is that possible?

Will need to look it up.
Yes, it was a B1G tournament game and it involved Northwestern....they may have been the last team to play on that Thursday before the rest of the tournament was canceled.

Northwestern (13 seed, Conf 3-17) lost its first-round B1G tournament game to Minnesota 74-57 on Wednesday, March 11, 2020.

Just the last game of the B1G. E.g later that night, WSU beat Colorado, 82-68 in the first round of the Pac12 (T-Mobile arena).

Last edited: