EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (WOODROW WILSON is our October contestant)

ouch

EOG Dedicated
I'd like to see DD get a shot at this challenge during 2022.

At least you could count on him to keep an updated record day-to-day.

In last month's contest, there was no record reported in the thread from September 14th to September 26th. Unbelievable! So much for the thrill of following the contest.

It's funny how when you don't see the record for days at a time, you know that the contestant is getting hammered.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I lost interest in last month's contest when DON EAGLESTON first ignored and then decided to criticize the rules.

Woodrow Wilson stands at 1-2 after three graded selections.

Washington Football Team +1.5 was Woody's fourth documented play.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
At least you could count on him to keep an updated record day-to-day.

In last month's contest, there was no record reported in the thread from September 14th to September 26th. Unbelievable! So much for the thrill of following the contest.

It's funny how when you don't see the record for days at a time, you know that the contestant is getting hammered.
You must have missed August when there were daily updates with the forum being very engaged that month. The success of this contest (and I dont mean 60% success) but the success of how the entire forum is engaged depends a lot on how engaging the contestant is himself. Im not taking away from Don, as the rules do say submit a play a day at a minimum and thats what he did. That being said, there is a lot one can add to make the contest entertaining and engaging as well. Perhaps that right there is the answer for what you felt lacked last month.

ouch

EOG Dedicated
You must have missed August when there were daily updates with the forum being very engaged that month. The success of this contest (and I dont mean 60% success) but the success of how the entire forum is engaged depends a lot on how engaging the contestant is himself. Im not taking away from Don, as the rules do say submit a play a day at a minimum and thats what he did. That being said, there is a lot one can add to make the contest entertaining and engaging as well. Perhaps that right there is the answer for what you felt lacked last month.

Actually, I did follow the contest during August. I even posted a couple of times in the thread.

More importantly, I tailed every play but one, and made a bunch of money doing it. (Thank you.)

My point is that if somebody is posting their plays, whether it's the Grand Challenge or a thread that simply makes plays, it is the responsibility of the player to accurately keep his record. Posters like Don Eagleston and Tony Mar seem to forget this.

I had the opportunity to play the Grand Challenge once. I totally shit the bed (10-13),....the thread had absolutely no juice, and nobody here seemed to give a shit. And all that is fine. But what I did do, was keep an accurate record on a daily basis.......which is the baseline thing when making plays in your own thread on this site.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
He had 2 good seasons with the Lions. One was strike shortened. And he missed the only kick that mattered and missed the only tackle that mattered on Thanksgiving 1980. Fuck you, Eddie.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Eddie Murray missed the kick in the 1983 divisional playoffs vs 49ers where coach Monte Clark famously could be seen praying on the sideline as Murray missed the 43 yd kick with 5 sec left that would have vaulted the Lions to the NFC Championship game vs the team formerly known as the Redskins.

MonteClarkPraying_original.jpg

Last edited:

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
My favorite Lions player

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Imagine the 49ers with Billy Sims to compliment Joey Montana. Billy would be a multiple Super Show winner and in the Hall of Shame. Would have happened if the Lions didn't have 12 fucking idiots on the field. They did it again against the Cowboys and got away with it. That was Murray's be best moment.

In a 1979 game between the Detroit Lions and Washington Redskins, a critical 12 men on the field penalty against the Lions not only changed the outcome of the game, but changed the entire 1979 season and the 1980 NFL Draft. This is the story behind the play that changed NFL history, and the play that potentially wound up being the difference in the Lions getting Billy Sims

howid

EOG Dedicated
Made a trip to the Silverdome for an exhibition game the year the gentleman was drafted, fans behind us would yell out before every offensive play, "give Billy the ball!"

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Imagine the 49ers with Billy Sims to compliment Joey Montana. Billy would be a multiple Super Show winner and in the Hall of Shame. Would have happened if the Lions didn't have 12 fucking idiots on the field. They did it again against the Cowboys and got away with it. That was Murray's be best moment.

That's quite a story. I do remember watching that game and the 12 men on the field. Until now, I did not realize how the course of history was changed with that one penalty!

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
The Silverdome opened for games in 1975. My first game there was in 1978 against Tampa Bay.. There was no easy access to the Stadium....and when there was a sellout, attendance was 80,000, traffic would become gridlocked and it would take hours to get into the stadium. If it was cold, rainy or snowy, it was absolutely miserable. Because it was a domed stadium, if you sat in the third deck near the top, and you were a non smoker, you were practically dying. Back in those days smoking was permitted in the stadium and from your seats, you would be sitting in a fog of cigarette smoke so dense, you had difficulty seeing the playing field not to mention not being able to breathe easily. I would walk out of there with my head spinning from lack of oxygen. You were also a long way away from the action up there. Any seat between the goal lines were great seats. The other thing I remember is because of the dome, the stadium was pressurized to help keep the dome lifted. So when you were to enter the stadium from any door, the air from inside the stadium would rush out and it was like you were walking through a hurricane. I also used to get frustrated because back in the day, with the local blackout rule, we would have to sell out 80,000 seats 72 hours before kickoff for the game to be shown on local tv. Not very easy to do when you have a losing team, and it wasn't fair because other venues only sat 60,000, so it was easier to get the blackout lifted in those markets. It was always a huge thing when the blackout was lifted. These days, with the Silverdome being demolished some time ago, the site is being redeveloped for industrial buildings. Last time I drove by on Opdyke, you could see two 200,000+ square foot buildings being constructed. I think one is an Amazon building. Ford Field is a much better place to see a football game, much easier in and out, but in a way, I do miss seeing the Lions play at the Silverdome.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
OJ's Thanksgiving record romp on Thanksgiving 1976 was my debutantè. That is when I fell in love with the Lions and now I hate them for all the pain and suffering they have caused me. The gambling losses are nothing. The shit they pulled 1980-1984. They were loaded everywhere except quarterback and a cocksucker kicker named Eddie Murray. Completely outplayed Montana. Maybe they would have gotten rolled by Theismann but I'll never know.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
OJ's Thanksgiving record romp on Thanksgiving 1976 was my debutantè. That is when I fell in love with the Lions and now I hate them for all the pain and suffering they have caused me. The gambling losses are nothing. The shit they pulled 1980-1984. They were loaded everywhere except quarterback and a cocksucker kicker named Eddie Murray. Completely outplayed Montana. Maybe they would have gotten rolled by Theismann but I'll never know.

The Redskins owned the Lions

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I couldn't believe someone could find 2:36 of highlights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Somehow he lasted 9 years with the Lions. Never traded because nobody else wanted him. Never a year with more TD's than picks. His first 2 games were his be best. Only plus EV was that he was mobile. Until this happened.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Somehow he lasted 9 years with the Lions. Never traded because nobody else wanted him. Never a year with more TD's than picks. His first 2 games were his be best. Only plus EV was that he was mobile. Until this happened.

No big deal back in those days, these days, 15 yard penalty with an ejection.

railbird

EOG Master
iIt’s telling that Railfraud roots against everyone who participates in the EOG challenge….what a dirtbag….
im willing to help anybody for the low price of 9 dollars. you were too cheap to sign up and it cost you with a 34 pct month when it was your turn

who is mississippi oklahoma tulane, 3 grossly overrated teams for 1000 alex
You do realize that Tulane is 1-4 right? CBS has them as the #102 ranked FBS team. Grossly overrated? 😂🤣

I love the play. Houston could be the worst 4-1 in college football right now and I think Tulane matches up well with them. Might win outright.

Stick to WC BBall birdie.

Last edited: