Euros: What is the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby League?

Roxxyfish

EOG Dedicated
Re: Euros: what is the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby League?

Rugby League is 13 players, Union 15 plawyers , in league you have 5 Tackles (comparable to a down in football) to reach the endzone

i am afraid my english is not good enough to give you a exact answer , I like Rugny League more because its much faster and more action, but i love both ,this here is a nice video

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Thx, roxy.

Roxxyfish

EOG Dedicated

Thx, roxy.

your welcome Chucky, as said in the video League is somehow similar to American Football , absolutely fascinating, and once you are into the game its pure fun betting and watching it

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Re: Euros: What is the difference between Rugby Union and Rugby League?

that was a great watch roxxy thanks .

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated

both names were mentioned so many times, that its a blur now. Just as confused now as I was before I watched it:LMAO

Roxxyfish

EOG Dedicated

both names were mentioned so many times, that its a blur now. Just as confused now as I was before I watched it:LMAO

just watch a full game and you will see there are many similarities to American Football, like they say in the video Rugby League is not hard to understand, and it is sooo exciting at times

Not watched video,but to answer Q

League & union 2 completely different sports now.
Once upon a time many years ago was just one sport Rugby,but Northerners(like me ;) ) kept winning and the Southerners didnt like it.
So they split the league...rules changed over time,becoming Union & League...main difference is Union has contested tackles,League has uncotested tackles and has a tackle count,like US Football(like roxxy said) for an analogy.Plus 15 & 13 men a side.

America has a National Rugby team.Las Vegas has the 7s every year at Sam Boyd,its a big thing.
Rugby is absolutely massive in the Southern Hemisphere

haha,cool little video,but kinda think if you had no clue,you still have no clue,Chess & Checkers analogy is very good

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Watched it. Thx, boys.

U guys looking fwd to Rugby World Cup?

Roxxyfish

EOG Dedicated

in every serious Rugby Union competition there is Australia and New Zealand battling for the title

then a big gap , then comesIreland, England and South Africa and the rest like France Scotland ,Wales Italy are just fillers