Evacuate

Krackman

EOG Senior Member
EVACUATE. To remove especially from a military zone or dangerous area b : to withdraw from military occupation of c : <were ordered to evacuate the building>
intransitive senses
1 : to withdraw from a place in an organized way especially for protection.

Why is there so many people that are being air lifted from rooftops? Didn't this people listen to the warnings? Did they not know there was mandatory evacuations? The superdome was only one of many places for these people to go to. This is not one or two people this is hundreds.

These are young people, not old people who cannot move. Are they just uneducated? Then again, I have a few old Italian aunts who still live in the Bronx. They just refuse to leave "the neighborhood" even though the Italian section is down to 3 small blocks.

I think when some people heard the news that the storm was not going to hit New Orleans hard some stayed.

I do not know what anyone else is watching but New Orleans looks destroyed

Weathermen underestimated damage to this City and it seems to be getting worse.

There are reports of over 100,000 people in New Orleans without transportation so they are stranded in the urban areas that the Bush tax refunds didn't buy new SUV's with.:nono

aceduecetrey

EOG Addicted
After going through hurricane Charlie last year, I am still not sure if I would ever evacuate my home. I do not live right on the coast, but I am still pretty sure I would be under water if we got hit by a 30 foot storm surge, but still by the time you really realize that the storm is going to hit you directly I think it may be too late. You would be sitting in traffic all day and there is a good chance that you would run out of gas in the middle of the highway as mpst gas station run out of gas very quickly. Plus you really never know where to go. I mean how many people do you think left NO only to go to Mississippi or Alabama only to still get blasted. The only way to do it right is to leave atleast a week before the storm comes and if you did that you would be leaving your home 4 or 5 times a season.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
aceduecetrey said:
After going through hurricane Charlie last year, I am still not sure if I would ever evacuate my home. I do not live right on the coast, but I am still pretty sure I would be under water if we got hit by a 30 foot storm surge, but still by the time you really realize that the storm is going to hit you directly I think it may be too late. You would be sitting in traffic all day and there is a good chance that you would run out of gas in the middle of the highway as mpst gas station run out of gas very quickly. Plus you really never know where to go. I mean how many people do you think left NO only to go to Mississippi or Alabama only to still get blasted. The only way to do it right is to leave atleast a week before the storm comes and if you did that you would be leaving your home 4 or 5 times a season.
Very interesting and informative ADT! Thank you!