Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

C'mon man, I give credit where credit is due.

I honestly don't think I ever called you a moron, I like reading your sports perspectives.

I do think your political perspective is extremely biased and as a result its virtually impossible having a rational discussion.

NB: I have saved "moron" for BR, who I have on Ignore.

Believe it or not I’m not a registered Democrat. I think both sides of the aisle are corrupt so I’ve resigned myself to voting for the lesser of two evils.

I think the rational discussion point is unfair as I regularly agree with R’s here like FW.

I see how this presidency of trump is literally destroying this country and I just can’t believe people are supporting such a failure while cheering incompetence.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Believe it or not I’m not a registered Democrat. I think both sides of the aisle are corrupt so I’ve resigned myself to voting for the lesser of two evils.

I think the rational discussion point is unfair as I regularly agree with R’s here like FW.

I see how this presidency of trump is literally destroying this country and I just can’t believe people are supporting such a failure while cheering incompetence.
Believe it or not, I'm not a republican.

Valuist

EOG Master
Moderna was up big today based on a trial of EIGHT people. The market has lost all sanity.

I was right. An industry publication came out and threw ice water on the Moderna stage one trial, hitting the stock hard and bringing down the market. It should be pointed out in the midst of the big run up yesterday, Moderna priced a secondary offering at $75. I would expect the SEC to look into those shenanigans.

Valuist

EOG Master
Even CEO's don't always have great math skills.

Quidel CEO was just on CNBC, talking about Quidel's new test, which apparently can give very fast results but has accuracy issues. "Our test is about 80% accurate," said the CEO. "So if you took 10 people and tested them, we might miss 1".

Since when does 80% plus 10% equal 100 percent?

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Let's abolish the Fed. Powell is hell bent on destruction.

You'd better own gold.

Smartest thing posted of late.

The Fed has completely abandoned it's mandate.

It has no more ammunition and is no longer in control of inflationary cycles or employment.

The USD is at the mercy of cash horders and foreign influence.

Hold gold.

Preferably in hand.

MrTop

EOG Master
Very true, would a great nation have half it's population afraid to leave their house? Would a great nation select their least intelligent and least capable to be their leaders?

the people selected trump with the electoral vote. Sometimes you bet on the wrong side sometimes you bet on the right side. In november the people vote again. If you go by trends from the last 100 years. Trump does not have a shot with a failing economy

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
the people selected trump with the electoral vote. Sometimes you bet on the wrong side sometimes you bet on the right side. In november the people vote again. If you go by trends from the last 100 years. Trump does not have a shot with a failing economy

Stock market is fighting this with some strong numbers.

The Q2 reports is where we see how strong things are.

While unemployment numbers are going to loss less steam they are going to be historical higher with each report for a while. If next week the number is under 2,000,000 people will look at that as being good. That is still a boat load of people out of work.

Also the unemployment "boost" ends in I think July (the added $600 per week a person can receive on top of their normal unemployment pay) and if that isn't extended that is going to be a ton of people working with less.

You hear about this crap all the time, but do they really use dogs for cancer? NO, that would be too cheap, much better to get a MRI for a couple grand. I also heard they'll come out with a special mask that will glow if you have corona, gee that would solve everything.

They do use dogs for cases of possible cancer detection. They aren't using the dogs for confirmation.

There's a valuable distinction between detection and official diagnosis.

Your expertise medical contributions to this forum the last few months have been invaluable however.

alfie

EOG Dedicated

i would say normally this is true. however, we have another election where we are choosing the dog with the least amount of fleas. joe , already a 2 time loser and certainly not all there mentally either.

i would say normally this is true. however, we have another election where we are choosing the dog with the least amount of fleas. joe , already a 2 time loser and certainly not all there mentally either.

Joe is Einstein compared to captain Clorox

MrTop

EOG Master
Trading in China’s domestic stock market is dominated by retail, not the institutional investors and deep mutual-fund base active in the U.S

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Smartest thing posted of late.

The Fed has completely abandoned it's mandate.

It has no more ammunition and is no longer in control of inflationary cycles or employment.

The USD is at the mercy of cash horders and foreign influence.

Hold gold.

Preferably in hand.
I see your hero told black people that if they cant support him "they aint black".

That'll go over well ,LOL.

You are the last person on this planet to judge what will "go over well" with anyone other than your own silly ass.

You speak for no one.

MrTop

EOG Master
hertz goes bankrupt - where is OJ when you need him ? if you go to the website of hertz and compare it to enterprise you can see hertz is a big loser.. The website is horrible. Icahn invested in hertz. This one he missed.

Valuist

EOG Master
Nixon took our country off the gold standard

Yes, but that isn't the same as confiscating/stealing gold from citizens.

I do agree Nixon shouldn't have done that. We would be 100x more responsible instead of relying on the Fed for endless money printing. Which never works.

MrTop

EOG Master
Less than halfway through the year, the Nasdaq has already outperformed the Dow by a full percentage point on 17 different days. That’s more than in any full year since 2009, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

A lot of the discrepancy boils down to which companies don’t make the Dow’s cut. Take Amazon.com, for example, whose 35% gain this year has accounted for almost half of the Nasdaq’s advance and 10% of the S&P 500’s. Because of the stock’s $2,500 price tag, the Dow’s old-fashioned price-weighting system makes it impossible to let Amazon in.

Yes, but that isn't the same as confiscating/stealing gold from citizens.

I do agree Nixon shouldn't have done that. We would be 100x more responsible instead of relying on the Fed for endless money printing. Which never works.

Im with you on this. Was merely pointing that out policies like that go beyond political affiliations.

Those are moves made by the “kingmakers”

Less than halfway through the year, the Nasdaq has already outperformed the Dow by a full percentage point on 17 different days. That’s more than in any full year since 2009, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

A lot of the discrepancy boils down to which companies don’t make the Dow’s cut. Take Amazon.com, for example, whose 35% gain this year has accounted for almost half of the Nasdaq’s advance and 10% of the S&P 500’s. Because of the stock’s $2,500 price tag, the Dow’s old-fashioned price-weighting system makes it impossible to let Amazon in.

Do you own any Amazon Topper?

Despite my reservations towards Bezos I applied the “can’t beat em/join em” route