Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
I don't trade on the Comex. I stack physical silver and gold. All of my investments are getting out of this manipulated system we're in. I've been DCA'ing Cryptos for a couple years too.

Valuist

EOG Master
The market is very sick, and the 2022 highs likely already are in. There's so many signs we are nearing the complete implosion of this market bubble; 50 pct of gains in S & P 500 market cap since April are made up of just 5 stocks, so market breadth is terrible. The ARKK fund completely getting blown up. The rise of meme stocks, NFTs and cryptocurrencies like Dogecoin are all symptoms of speculative mania. Those too young to remember the dot com crash don't get it.

Last edited:

Alldaycapper34

EOG Senior Member
The free money has run out. Disposable income is being stretched thin with rising energy and food costs.

I have been stocking up on Long term food, lead, silver/gold, and survival items for a couple years now. When this implodes I hope none of you are near a city. People today believe what's yours is theirs. It's not going to end well.

MrTop

EOG Master
The free money has run out. Disposable income is being stretched thin with rising energy and food costs.

I have been stocking up on Long term food, lead, silver/gold, and survival items for a couple years now. When this implodes I hope none of you are near a city. People today believe what's yours is theirs. It's not going to end well.

only the beginning

homie1975

EOG Addicted
so nice to see a Stock thread here!

S&P oscillator shows we are getting very close to oversold territory so we are getting very close to a strong buying opportunity but for anyone who is Not in the market and sitting with decent cash on the sidelines, the nibbling should have started yesterday and if not, then very early next week!

homie1975

EOG Addicted
I don't trade on the Comex. I stack physical silver and gold. All of my investments are getting out of this manipulated system we're in. I've been DCA'ing Cryptos for a couple years too.

I have been into stocks for many years but just started buying crypto a few weeks ago so my moment to DCA is here or will be here shortly LOL

Ray Luca

EOG Master
so nice to see a Stock thread here!

S&P oscillator shows we are getting very close to oversold territory so we are getting very close to a strong buying opportunity but for anyone who is Not in the market and sitting with decent cash on the sidelines, the nibbling should have started yesterday and if not, then very early next week!

Headwind too strong. Tread lightly

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated
The market is very sick, and the 2022 highs likely already are in. There's so many signs we are nearing the complete implosion of this market bubble; 50 pct of gains in S & P 500 market cap since April are made up of just 5 stocks, so market breadth is terrible. The ARKK fund completely getting blown up. The rise of meme stocks, NFTs and cryptocurrencies like Dogecoin are all symptoms of speculative mania. Those too young to remember the dot com crash don't get it.
I love being short TSLA at $1180 right now......only bummer is I've had the position a couple months an could have covered a month ago and did it again for nice profit....but I think it will still be fine....earnings soon....and as usual they will most likely make more with credits than actually selling cars

homie1975

EOG Addicted
[TABLE]

[IMG alt="Kevin Matras - Editor"]https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/p...ges/headshots/kevin-matras-headshot.jpg[/IMG]

Getting Ready For The Next Leg Up​

By: Kevin Matras
January 22, 2022

[/TABLE]

With the market pulling back from their recent highs, now's the time to start getting ready for the next leg up.

After heady gains last year, the market was ripe for a pullback. And we're finally getting it.

But pullbacks are common occurrences.

Unfortunately, too many investors panic when they happen.

Some sell. Others short. And some refuse to buy for fear of it going lower.

But then the market snaps back. And stocks race to new highs, leaving them behind.

This happens time and time again.

In fact, the S&P pulled back 3 times last year. And each time, they then soared to new all-time highs afterwards, before ultimately finishing with a 26.9% gain.

If you missed out on the latest rally due to disbelief, or fear, you don't have to again.

Because after this pullback, it looks like there's a lot more upside to go.

Fear Not

There was nothing ominous in the pullbacks we saw last year.

They were just your normal, ordinary pullbacks.

Every bull market has them.

A pullback is defined as a decline between -5% and -9.99%. And stocks usually pull back about -5% roughly 3-4 times per year.

That was true with both the Dow and the S&P last year.

A correction is defined as a decline between -10% and -19.99%. And stocks usually correct -10% on average about once a year.

That's what the Nasdaq did last year before finishing up 21.4%.

But these are the pauses that refresh before the next leg up.

After shaking the tree, it will be exciting to see how high the market can go this time.

While pullbacks are never fun when they're happening, if you know these are commonplace moves, you can instead look at them as opportunities to buy rather than places to sell.

Wade

EOG Master
This is nothing but rich people pulling their money out to crash the market. Then they'll buy it back at a nice discount. China is doing it with banning crypto for like the 5th time. Price crashes, they buy it at the bottom then make crypto legal again, price goes up and they make a bundle.

MrTop

EOG Master
This is nothing but rich people pulling their money out to crash the market. Then they'll buy it back at a nice discount. China is doing it with banning crypto for like the 5th time. Price crashes, they buy it at the bottom then make crypto legal again, price goes up and they make a bundle.

you are right.. amazon . , facebook and google all sold stock. let someone else buy it. Once anyone sells should not be allowed to buy with them... people in DC should only be allowed to buy index stocks

Valuist

EOG Master
Yesterday, the futures were up. I'm guessing the thinking was support for the 200 DMA on S & P was breached Friday but it could bounce back. Instead, its clearly fallen through that support level. The market is very sick.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Around 7am est this morning, they first flipped to red and actuals are right at their session lows. S&P over 10% correcting and Nasdaq about 18% off Nov '21 highs. Dow only a stone's throw from joining the bunch. Imagine if fed hikes weren't priced in? Highly doubtful fed will show any mercy. I miss watching da bears on MNF, which stands for futures, not football.

MrTop

EOG Master
Poor biden, between the crashing market and the fact no one in the world respects or fears us anymore, it's going to get ugly.

like i said ukrane neutral territory. Not part of NATO. Russsia would not try to go past ukrane.. Jina would lose US dollars if they attack taiwan.

homie1975

EOG Addicted
The charts say tech is hurtin

no question that the valuations were way too high and are coming back to earth but at some point very very soon the NASDAQ names will be in Oversold territory and they will become tasty growth plays once again by the Institutional crowd which makes up 70% of the market, and they will come back. It will happen this year.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
no question that the valuations were way too high and are coming back to earth but at some point very very soon the NASDAQ names will be in Oversold territory and they will become tasty growth plays once again by the Institutional crowd which makes up 70% of the market, and they will come back. It will happen this year.

Netflix shows you how overvalued everything is

homie1975

EOG Addicted
Netflix shows you how overvalued everything is

i would call that a subscription play not really a pure tech play like the silicon valley giants and the cloud kings.

subscriber growth disappointed as well as many competitors in that space right now of subscription based entertainment.