Eye on the Markets: Coronavirus Stocks/Investments thread

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
62.5% of ARKK stocks aren't making enough profits to cover their interest payments. Imagine what happens when the fed raises interest rates starting in March.

Wade

EOG Master
bought more today in the $840's. I hope it goes down even more. It'll be at $2K within a year. AARK is going to zero.

Valuist

EOG Master
bought more today in the $840's. I hope it goes down even more. It'll be at $2K within a year. AARK is going to zero.

Tesla’s market cap is bigger than all the other auto maker’s market cap combined, yet they only have about 2 pct of the sales. They will be facing a lot more competition going forward.

Tesla’s market cap is bigger than all the other auto maker’s market cap combined, yet they only have about 2 pct of the sales.
i'll admit value investing doesn't really apply well to innovative companies like Tesla. Buffett's approach to buying a map-maker or a textile mill for less than they were worth on the market worked well in times when the stock market didn't dominate but rather reflected price.

but now? are you going to short tesla? no. and if you do, via con dios, brother.

MrTop

EOG Master
the miles driven in AI will be the winner. I think telsa and google are in front. Google leads with a 37% market share in AI trucking. Truckers days are numbered

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated
i'll admit value investing doesn't really apply well to innovative companies like Tesla. Buffett's approach to buying a map-maker or a textile mill for less than they were worth on the market worked well in times when the stock market didn't dominate but rather reflected price.

but now? are you going to short tesla? no. and if you do, via con dios, brother.
I've shorted it several times in the last year and a half or so....took a loss once....and have made very very good money doing so....

Valuist

EOG Master
the miles driven in AI will be the winner. I think telsa and google are in front. Google leads with a 37% market share in AI trucking. Truckers days are numbered

You mean truck drivers.....trucking companies will be printing money. Their costs will plummet.

MrTop

EOG Master
You mean truck drivers.....trucking companies will be printing money. Their costs will plummet.

trucking AI

google/waymo- daimler is the leader right now in trucking future up to 40%

aurora-- volvo 17%
tusimple -navistar 12%
aurora -paccar 30%

Last edited:
I've shorted it several times in the last year and a half or so....took a loss once....and have made very very good money doing so....clarifies that.
i wasn't talking about day trading, i was talking about value investing. value investors don't short anything multiple times in a given year, unless they're adding to a position, and your admission to having "taken a loss once" clarifies that.

Last edited:

Screw Andrews

EOG Dedicated
i wasn't talking about day trading, i was talking about value investing. value investors don't short anything multiple times in a given year, unless they're adding to a position, and your admission to having "taken a loss once" clarifies that.
fair enough....and to be clear none of my trades on it have been less than 30 day time frame....hell I almost went long today.....it will move back up and then it will be time to short again

MrTop

EOG Master
telsa is not over bought anymore but still has a lot of room to go down. The market will continue to go down.. Telsa will end up around 200-225

MrTop

EOG Master

Hedge Funds Slash Tech in Pivot to Other Strategies, Goldman Report Says​

• Funds more tilted to cheap stocks than at any time since 2011
  • U.S. equity hedge funds lost 3% on average this year: Goldman

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
While gold in silver did not tank, it did go down despite the war actually happening. Gold and silver were going parabolic and then suddenly gets taken down dramaticly. Explain that. I expect gold and silver will rise for the next 2 1/2 weeks,we will see.

Valuist

EOG Master
While gold in silver did not tank, it did go down despite the war actually happening. Gold and silver were going parabolic and then suddenly gets taken down dramaticly. Explain that. I expect gold and silver will rise for the next 2 1/2 weeks,we will see.

The gold and silver markets have been manipulated (down) for years by the banksters.

I’m curious to see how the gold and crypto markets will react on Monday to possible runs on Russian banks.

MrTop

EOG Master
The gold and silver markets have been manipulated (down) for years by the banksters.

I’m curious to see how the gold and crypto markets will react on Monday to possible runs on Russian banks.

i agree with movement on gold. From what i see bitcoin correlates with tech. Not a safe haven. Bitcoin at 39000 . When you can't go anywhere to get yield we have to move to treasuries , gold etc. Oil could dump if the US brings back pipeline or drilling on fed land which the dems do not like BUT might have to do. Fracking needs a labor lift from covid days. OPEC could bring it down too like last time with russia. Joe not throwing out the right cards

railbird

EOG Master
i agree with movement on gold. From what i see bitcoin correlates with tech. Not a safe haven. Bitcoin at 39000 . When you can't go anywhere to get yield we have to move to treasuries , gold etc. Oil could dump if the US brings back pipeline or drilling on fed land which the dems do not like BUT might have to do. Fracking needs a labor lift from covid days. OPEC could bring it down too like last time with russia. Joe not throwing out the right cards
good news nato will get nuked