Fezzik: It's hard to say which is more inept

Heim

EOG Master
Re: Fezzik: It's hard to say which is more inept

RJ & Fezzik are secretly taped saying they know the picks will never show a profit. RJ then decides to have ComptrBob monitor Fezzik's picks. So hard to reconcile this.

Scooper

EOG Veteran

RJ & Fezzik are secretly taped saying they know the picks will never show a profit. RJ then decides to have ComptrBob monitor Fezzik's picks. So hard to reconcile this.

Two things

1 I think fezz even had RJ fooled for a long time. He’s a horrible bettor but he was a decent self-promoter for a couple of years. Then groovin, et al started to get heard a bit more vocally. Deadspin article, etc.

2 I think the recording you’re referencing probably came out after cbob got on board. Clearly the pregame crew probably thought fezz could chase steam and derivative his way to gain a few units a month. They didn’t realize he was among the worst cappers alive when chasing and forcing action.

Scooper

EOG Veteran

MLB YTD 16-18, -15.14

NBA Playoffs
2017: 16-32, -42.1 units
2018: 9-13, -11.2 units sharP sIdE unDeRz l0sINg AGain Y U No WiN BIg GaME uNdER saMe result different DAY!!!1!!

NHL playoffs YTD 1-5, -7.85 playoffs We FiRE g7 unDeRz is thaT puCk pumpEd or StuFFed

SlickFazzer

EOG Dedicated

How is the Fezz ever going to turn this around -

He might have to stop gambling as a profession?

Sleepy

EOG Master

How is the Fezz ever going to turn this around -

He might have to stop gambling as a profession?

I'm sure RJ pays him quite well. He can afford to lose but in no way without that pregame paycheck can he make it on gambling alone.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

How does he continue on? This has to stop.

At minimum...Fezzik's name should be boycotted in Forum-ville.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Ban Fezzik's name from Forumville?

Are you kidding me?

He's the gift that keeps on giving.

Fezzik should take his own advice and specialize in the NFL and WNBA.

SlickFazzer

EOG Dedicated

Are you kidding me?

Fezzik's should take his own advice and specialize in the NFL and WNBA.

I agree. Then the other months he could focus on posting his dinner pics similar to the Meatman's pics. A great, not just good, idea.

Heim

EOG Master

In defense of Fezzik....they cut his limits drastically on derivatives starting with Spiro. That probably started the tout thang (Jeff Jones where are you?). Pippy is right he probably can show a profit with derivatives but Vegas ain't the place to do it so we continue faking we can beat full games. I don't see any more tweets from brother Andy bragging re all the money Fezzik is making with daily pick buys. I think even the squarest bettor has put him on freeze then thawed for NFL.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Are you kidding me?

Fezzik's should take his own advice and specialize in the NFL and WNBA.

I'm not choosing my words correctly. His name will drive Forum-ville for sure.

There's a saying in business that any media exposure (even if BAD exposure) = good exposure. In some ways, I feel like he's getting free publicity.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I'm not choosing my words correctly. His name will drive Forum-ville for sure.

There's a saying in business that any media exposure (even if BAD exposure) = good exposure. In some ways, I feel like he's getting free publicity.

Understood.

Name recognition is critical in the tout business.

Larry Ness and Chip Chirimbes are still selling selections and they're in their 80's.

Ahhh, maybe 60's.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Understood.

Name recognition is critical in the tout business.

Larry Ness and Chip Chirimbes are still selling selections and they're in their 80's.

Ahhh, maybe 60's.

Yep. It's about getting your name out there.

One tout I actually LIKED was Mike Lee. You mentioned that you spoke w/ him a few times.

Lee might not have won all the time, but he was TRYING. I used to purchase some of the old "rags" where Mike would publish the "Lee Line".

MrTop

EOG Master

I met him years ago at the M.... A chess player.... I like him ...

Cannot boycott his sales or forums... He has a right to sell picks like anyone else and be on forums.

Scooper

EOG Veteran

2* 956 PHI -160
2* 512 IND -115
2* 512 IND Under 203.5

BIg GaME unDeR tIME!!!1!1

ChuckyG

EOG Master

I met him years ago at the M.... A chess player.... I like him ...

Cannot boycott his sales or forums... He has a right to sell picks like anyone else and be on forums.

Sure, he has a right to sell. Just saying that 3rd-party isn't obligated to talk about him. Seems like he gets a lot of free publicity on here.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

lolz

zero legitimacy and continue to lose on stupid angle, but we still firezzzzzzzz!

ThATs hOw SPortS Da BetZZZ

OK, I'll shut up. :)

The entertainment factor too much to pass up. PS, when did the Moneyline angle become part of the portfolio? Hey...a Moneyline favorite has a BETTER CHANCE of covering than Fav minus the points!

texaswizzard

EOG Dedicated

Handicappers do this moneyline crap for two reasons. They do it when they are desperate for a win after getting destroyed or guys like It's Vegas Dave plays football -4 to -10 ML games or baseball -200 to -350 ML's so they can brag they go 2-0 on the night if they win both games.

Scooper

EOG Veteran

Sure, he has a right to sell. Just saying that 3rd-party isn't obligated to talk about him. Seems like he gets a lot of free publicity on here.

Chucks, don’t mind Mr. “I like to read fezzik’s write ups” Top he’s as clueless as fezz.

But yeah the fezz moneyline plays started to pop up last football season. He will now never lay less than three in any sport, he will just FiRe the moneyline.

Absent this season have been his stellar HRE plays in baseball as he would chase totals steam via that method. Of course they lost all summer long but so did the BiG GaME unDeRZ and he keeps drinking from that well. DoWn in dA BUNKeR

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Scooper, great post. Per usual.

There are a few handicapping trends to observe over time. If u see an old-school bettor age 50+, there are a few things that he sees as value. He most likely hasn't updated his game in 20 years.

First thing he'll say is that Dogs are value. The old databases confirm this. NFL home-dogs were ~ 55% ATS for years...so that makes it good enuf to go to the window, right?

Second item would be betting Totals to go Under. Perception is that public-bettors love to see points. So, let's be SHARP and go under.

In big games, take the Under motif one step further. Defense wins championships, right?

Why bother doing any legwork? Old-school bettor MAY have even been a net-winner at one point.

Take a bright young mind like Irish Tim. He showed that RECENT databases split the Fav/Dog results neatly into 50/50. Ergo, the Dog bias has been sucked out.

Doesn't stop the Old-School dinosaur from going to the window.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

Great post as well Chucky.

The “public likes OVER so let’s bet UNDER” mentality survives to this day amongst many otherwise very sharp sports betting minds.

Many respected MLB bettors paid dearly for this in the spring of last year.

I on the other hand am guilty of making the case in my mind for OVER too often.

ChuckyG

EOG Master

Thx, ejd. Was just some food for thought. Here's my angle on historical trends:

* The more it's KNOWN...the more it's factored into the line.

So, things like Home Dogs (and specifically NFL Home Dogs) look good, if u stretch the database back 40 years. If you split the database into 20/20 years, the angle looks much closer to a 50/50 split. You have to win on correct pricing, not generic angles.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Fezzik asks, "Is the puck stuffed or pumped?"

Gets me every time.

Sleepy

EOG Master

Fuk that shit guys

Big game uDeRz

Sleepy going to be all in on pacers/cavs under

Scooper

EOG Veteran

Looks like fez passed on the Cavs BIg GaME UNDER G7 today. So you know what will happen here.

Scooper

EOG Veteran

0G bOss is on a heater

MLB YTD 18-18, -11.14

NBA Playoffs
2017: 16-32, -42.1 units
2018: 12-15, -9.5 units

NHL playoffs YTD 1-5, -7.85 playoffs We FiRE g7 unDeRz is thaT puCk pumpEd or StuFFed