Five NCAAB Selections

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
535 NORTHERN IOWA +3.5 over T.C.U. - Let's side with the more established program coming off a huge season over the rebuilding Horned Frogs hoping to reverse their losing culture (11-21 last season).

566 GONZAGA +2.5 over Illinois - The market is giving this young Illini team too much respect. Look for the Zags to show improvement in December after a rocky 4-2 start. Elias Harris will start despite sitting out last game vs. Eastern Washington. The annual Battle in Seattle will be played at KeyArena.

581 CORNELL +17.5 over Minnesota - Al Nolen is out (foot injury) for the Gophers. The starting point guard is critical to Minny's success, both offensively and defensively. Nolen missed Minnesota's last game against Virginia, an 87-79 loss with Minny a 13-point chalk. UVA hit 10-of-13 from 3-point range. Cornell, after losing four starters from last year's outstanding team, still shoots plenty of 3's. The Big Red this season has made 61 shots from beyond the arc compared to only 35 from their opposition.

602 NEW MEXICO STATE +7 over New Mexico - This is the first of two games in the annual home-and-home series between the Lobos and Aggies with the rematch scheduled for next Saturday in Albuquerque. Let's side with the home underdog who showed resilience in a two-point loss last Tuesday night against another rival, UTEP.

615 WICHITA STATE +10 over San Diego State - Like the UNI selection over TCU, I'm taking points with a MVC team over a MWC rep. Wichita State's lone loss to UConn on November 22 is looking better and better after the Huskies went on to win the Maui Invitational en route to opening the season a perfect 7-0. Wichita State is a fundamentally-sound team that must focus on defense against a red-hot SDSU team playing before a sellout crowd at Viejas Arena. The points are irresistible.

IrishTim

EOG Dedicated
Re: Five NCAAB Selections

Hard to push when the line is 9.5.

Just giving you shit, JK. Since we all know that Rogue isn't welcomed in these parts anymore, someone needs to fill the void. This is what we like JK, overnight college hoops. None of that game day pro-market stuff.

focker

EOG Veteran

fading aztecs again......going to be another sell out, I will be there. Not sure why u are down on Fisher, he has jewlery and actual has more wins at sdsu than his days at Michigan. He is a much differnt coach these days. 10 seems maybe a lil high vs a decent wich st team.........I will roll w/ you as I always do......

thanks for sharing

railbird

EOG Master

Hard to push when the line is 9.5.

Just giving you shit, JK. Since we all know that Rogue isn't welcomed in these parts anymore, someone needs to fill the void. This is what we like JK, overnight college hoops. None of that game day pro-market stuff.

7 is long gone on Aggies too

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

fading aztecs again......going to be another sell out, I will be there. Not sure why u are down on Fisher, he has jewlery and actual has more wins at sdsu than his days at Michigan. He is a much differnt coach these days. 10 seems maybe a lil high vs a decent wich st team.........I will roll w/ you as I always do......

thanks for sharing

My opinion on Fisher is changing as my bankroll shrinks from losing wagers against San Diego State. The ring at Michigan doesn't impress me, but SDSU's early-season play does.

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks and GL JK! Hope you don't minid me co-opting these plays in my thread.12io4j2w90Let those doggies bark!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Thanks for noticing, Profane. TCU never had the number covered. UNI was the right side. Let's hope this game is a sign of things to come.

munson15

I want winners...

It doesn't make you a bad person, John, GL on the rest of the card.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Cornell in the bank, only need a split of the late games for a winning day. I'd take it since I got bad numbers on these last two.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Gonzaga and San Diego State have troubled me this season. I overrated the Zags and underrated the Aztecs. I'm 0-5 this season in games involving GU and SDSU.

I was 3-2 yesterday, but only 2-2-1 against widely-available closing numbers. All five games moved in my direction.

I will post five more NCAAB selections next Friday night prior to midnight Eastern time.

ProfaneReality

EOG Dedicated

I would make the same Wichita St bet if they were playing again today. That was a tight game for 30 minutes.. and then SDSU absolutely exploded in a 3 minute stretch.. fluke-ish.. game went from 48-47 to 67-50 in a 3 minute span.

railbird

EOG Master

Gonzaga and San Diego State have troubled me this season. I overrated the Zags and underrated the Aztecs. I'm 0-5 this season in games involving GU and SDSU.

I was 3-2 yesterday, but only 2-2-1 against widely-available closing numbers. All five games moved in my direction.

I will post five more NCAAB selections next Friday night prior to midnight Eastern time.

It is much easier to beat the closing line than it is to win. Im on Boise State today, Long Beach will miss Larry Anderson on defense, the glass and his all around athletism, 49ers bench is very thin. I beat the cloing line by 2.5 pts. I have done better this year when the market does not agree.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

appreciate the selections. i may be mistaken but you are the only
person here who consistently goes out on a limb and shares his
handicapped picks.
i think rail would be right behind you.
thanks to both of you.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I would make the same Wichita St bet if they were playing again today. That was a tight game for 30 minutes.. and then SDSU absolutely exploded in a 3 minute stretch.. fluke-ish.. game went from 48-47 to 67-50 in a 3 minute span.

A 14-0 spurt inside a 21-3 run sealed our fate.

I'm with you, Profane. I would make the bet again (not the case for Gonzaga +2.5 over Illinois).

I gained respect for the winner AND the loser after the Wichita State-San Diego State game.

Wade

EOG Master

i will post five ncaab selections next Friday night as well. i'm going to show you boys how it's done.

lordjeff

EOG Enthusiast

watching illinois throttle gonzaga, i am eager for the big 10 conference schedule to begin with a number of strong teams, this should turn out to be a dog bettors delight, particularly in january