FK's 2011 NFL regular season selections thread.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: FK's 2011 NFL regular season selections thread.

2-3 today, had a bad beat in the Bears game, lost by 1 point (was hoping they would go for 2 at the end so i could grab a push, but it wasnt meant to be)

Current Season's total

26 WINS
20 LOSSES
1 PUSH

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Week 13.

Skins +3 vs Jets.

Today's 'must win' performance by the J E T S jetsjetsjets left a LOT to be desired. This is just a bad football team right now. They're favored by 3, but i'm just not sure you should be laying points on the road with these guys right now. Gimme the Skins plus the kick.

Will be adding as the week goes on.

rubyliping

EOG Member

I think the last time i released picks on NFL games at EOG i was 1 or 2 games over .500 at the end of the year. Not good enough to overcome the juice, but in 'holding our own' mode. Lets try and do better this seaso

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Adding for week 13:

Bengals +6.5 vs Pitt.

Revenge on the road, this game should be close and competitive, Steelers didnt look all that great at KC and were probably lucky to win, if KC had a QB that was even somewhat decent, KC wins that game. Maybe Pitt a bit overrated? Lets see, grabbing the pts here.

Minny -1 vs Denver

Broncos just keep winning these smoke and mirror games and they've been playing with a lot of emotion under Timothy Richard. You would figure at some point, that's going to end. They just won a hard fought west coast game against a horrible team that went till almost the end of OT and walked off the battlefield incredibly satisfied beating a hated rival who's 'had their number' over the last few seasons. Now, they have to go face a non division team on the road. This is their 4th road game in the last month that incuded 2 trips to California and one trip to NY.

Zona +4.5 vs Dallas

That's a decent amount of points to lay on the Road for Dallas....they barely escaped in their last two games, two games they easily could have lost and you know Zona will be pumped up for this one. I don't trust Dallas to win and cover on the road in this spot.

Jags +1.5 vs SD

New coach and probably a new owner, the Pakistan Jaguars look to shine here on Monday night. The Jags have a losing record, but they dont seem to give up boatloads of points week in and week out. The Chargers just can't seem to beat anyone and have been very mediocre looking visually. Riding the SD fade gravy train one more week.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Dolphins -3 vs Philly.

Good change Philly has quit on the season, i'm going to try and keep it simple stupid.

Bears +3.5 vs Denver.

I'm expecting Tebow to drive the length of the field at the end and the Broncos will kick a FG and win by 3. (but, that means i cover!)

Bills +7.5 vs SD.

Chargers took advantage of a Jacksonville team who never showed up mentally. SD isnt that good, and 7.5 is a good amount of points. Hopefully Buffalo will show up and keep this one close.

G Men +4.5 vs Cowboys.

Hopefully Big Game Eli shows up here and keeps this one close.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Falcons -11 vs Jags.

Jags 'quit' on the season vs the woeful Chargers on national TV and then somehow, they won a game the following week. That leads me to believe they played a team who's also quit. Jags back to playing a 'real' team. The previous week saw a lot of large dogs just 'quit' and not even make an attempt to win. Hopefully Jags revert to their previous game where they were horrendous.

Dallas -7 vs Tampa.

I can't believe that Dallas would lose to a team who got clobbered by Jacksonville. Dallas could score at will here, tampa didnt show up last week, why would they show up this week?

Giants -7 vs Washington

G men give up a LOT of points and so do the Redskins...Eli might be able to score 45 in this game, lets hope the G men D can hold the Skins to 35.

Packers -13.5 vs KC.

Another game where the Packers are likely to score 40. Good chance they'll cover, KC is dreadful. They gave up 37 to the JETS. Rodgers can score as many as he needs to.

Patriots -6 vs Broncos.

You gotta feel that at some point, the 'emotion' that Denver is riding is going to make them hit the wall. This game could be a replica of the game at home where Denver played Detroit. Logically, if New England 'struggled' with bad Indy and bad Washington, they should struggle with 'good' Denver. Logic doesnt always work....'sharps' are all over Denver here.....give me the 'dull' side.

Philly -3 vs Jets

NYJ have been beating horrible competition and now have no Jim Leonhard. Remember, last year, Leonhard was injured and the first game with no Leonard, the Jets lost by 40. This is a HUGE loss for this team. Philly showed some life last week and beat me, maybe they're going to be able to win 2 in a row? Logic here says the Jets are a 'great pick' how can a team that's 8-5 be getting points from a shit team like Philly? Going anti-logic here.

Ravens -1.5 at San Diego

SD's last 2 wins were vs teams who've quit on the season, this isnt the case here. Balto rises up on national tv for the win.

Falcons -11 vs Jags.no comment on this game

Jags 'quit' on the season vs the woeful Chargers on national TV and then somehow, they won a game the following week. That leads me to believe they played a team who's also quit. Jags back to playing a 'real' team. The previous week saw a lot of large dogs just 'quit' and not even make an attempt to win. Hopefully Jags revert to their previous game where they were horrendous.

Dallas -7 vs Tampa.like dallas also

I can't believe that Dallas would lose to a team who got clobbered by Jacksonville. Dallas could score at will here, tampa didnt show up last week, why would they show up this week?

Giants -7 vs Washingtonlike the over here because just like you said both give up points and the spread may favor wash.

G men give up a LOT of points and so do the Redskins...Eli might be able to score 45 in this game, lets hope the G men D can hold the Skins to 35.

Packers -13.5 vs KC.im a kc fan and i know what your saying but everytime i go against them getting huge points from a good team they play better and its at home so ill stay away

Another game where the Packers are likely to score 40. Good chance they'll cover, KC is dreadful. They gave up 37 to the JETS. Rodgers can score as many as he needs to.

Patriots -6 vs Broncos.an interesting game to say the least,pats have no defense,denver has no offense at least til the 4th qtr and tebow on a roll,i really can't go against denver here as they just find a way to stay in the game

You gotta feel that at some point, the 'emotion' that Denver is riding is going to make them hit the wall. This game could be a replica of the game at home where Denver played Detroit. Logically, if New England 'struggled' with bad Indy and bad Washington, they should struggle with 'good' Denver. Logic doesnt always work....'sharps' are all over Denver here.....give me the 'dull' side.

Philly -3 vs Jetsno comment on this game

NYJ have been beating horrible competition and now have no Jim Leonhard. Remember, last year, Leonhard was injured and the first game with no Leonard, the Jets lost by 40. This is a HUGE loss for this team. Philly showed some life last week and beat me, maybe they're going to be able to win 2 in a row? Logic here says the Jets are a 'great pick' how can a team that's 8-5 be getting points from a shit team like Philly? Going anti-logic here.

Ravens -1.5 at San Diegolike the ravens myself as they are way to physcial for sd and still need to win

SD's last 2 wins were vs teams who've quit on the season, this isnt the case here. Balto rises up on national tv for the win.

good luck on your plays and i hope you didn't mind me adding on to your games with my opinions

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I'm adding one more play for the upcoming week.

Seattle +3.5 vs Chicago.

These Hawks are not half bad and the Bears most recent loss, the WAY they lost, could be deveastating mentally for them. They might feel their season is "done" after losing a game they had no business losing. Gimme the hot dog here.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Oakland +1 vs KC

Raiders need to right the ship, they do well in KC and they're coming in on the heels of an embarrassing whipping that the Chiefs layed onto the Raiders earlier in the year. Expect a spirinted effort from the silver and black here, revenge on the road.

Giants +3 vs Jets

I kinda think both teams stink, so i'll grab the points. G Men usually play good football in 'big games' so expect them to play up to the level of the competition and send this game to OT.

Carolina -9 vs Tampa.

Bucks might be worst team in NFL now, just going to lay the 9, this doesnt seem hard.

Seattle +1 vs SF

Carroll hates Harbaugh (and vice versa) bowl, Seahawks playing great these days and looking for some revenge from earlier in the year.

Eagles +1 vs Cowboys.

If i lose the Giants selection, this pick becomes better because the Eagles are 'still alive' in the division race. I think people will assume that if the Giants win and the Eagles are eliminated, the 'sharp' play is Dallas here (because, logic says, why would the Eagles try if they know they're knocked out?) I just think Philly has Dallases number and even if the Giants win and knock out the Eagles, i still think the Eagles "show up" here and win.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Ytd 38-30-1

Wouldve been one win better if refs called the personal foul on the 49ers with abt 2 mins left in game. Obvious penalty not called.

Win here, win there, win win everywhere.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Cowboys +3 vs Giants.

Giants played 'out of their skin' vs the Jets in what ended up as a 'rivalry game' feel. G Men might have 'shot their load' here....i think its hard for a bad team to duplicate that effort. Dallas, on the other hand, 'rested' last week with a 'non effort'. Many giving Dallas 'no shot' here, but they're coming into the game the right way. With both teams being effectively 'equal' i'll take the team who's coming off the embarrassing loss as opposed to the emotional and feel-good win.

Colts +4 vs Jags.

Colts have been good, players havent quit on the year....Jags are really up and down, hard to back them as a favorite. Nice revenge on the road situation here. Hopefully the Colts front office won't instruct the coaches to do stupid stuff to sabotage this game, but other than that, i think the players on the Colts are going to be extremely fired up for this game and they're going to play like its the super bowl. I can't say the same for the Jags. Remember, Colts players could care less what position they draft in, these guys are fighting for their jobs and financial futures.

Colts might not win or cover, but you're going to get a passionate try from the Colts in this game, you're going to get your money's worth.

Pats -12.5 vs Bills

Bills have tanked a lot of road games this season losing by double digits. They scored 40 in routing victory last week at home, not sure they're going to duplicate that intensity.

Chiefs +3.5 vs Broncos

Chiefs are going to be fired up here as they know the Broncos need the game to win the division. They're not going to want to see Denver celebrate on their watch. Broncos 'collapsed' last week vs a bad Buffalo team, these Chiefs are better than the record indicates. Go with the red and white to spoil the Tea(bow) party.

Seattle +3 vs Arizona

Hawks playing awesome football these days, i'll grab the 3 and say thanks.

I could add one or two more as the week wears on, but if i decide to NOT add anymore, i'd love to say this has been a fun ride, thanks for following along, hopefully you bet on more winners than losers this season! Lets see if we can get some new year's cash in the upcoming NFL playoffs, i'm fuckin ready!

:houra