Flamingo Kid hits 10000 posts!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: Flamingo Kid hits 10000 posts!

Yeah, i've been busy. I had a SB party yesterday at my house, so i had to host and not post. I would have been here screaming about the refs!

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Which play in partcular? :maniac:

It was just a combo of things. I told a friend that i thought the refs were doing a great job and kindof staying out of things. But, then all those penalties against zona, one after another, i didnt like. The roughing the passer penalty was bogus and that seemed to start the avalanche of calls against zona. My buddy made a great point about why that should have NOT been a roughing and his point was that Ben was moving around and scrambling for his life.......which means, you can't hold up when a guy is moving his feet and could possibly pump fake. If Ben was standing in the pocket stationary with no movement that might be different....you have to 'follow thru' on the play, i thought that was ticky tack.

There is a long laundry list of stuff that went against zona. Cards had to use 2 challenges on obviously wrong calls that went against them, so that would have been 2 more calls against zona they would have lost had there been no such thing as challenges.

Then, you add insult to injury by not flagging the steeler player for using the football as a prop and then at the end, not giving a full review on the last play of the game.

Ariz was amazing to overcome all that stuff. I dont' know if Zona wins if the refs keep their mitts off this game, but i would haved liked to have seen the game settled on the field.

Also, if you want to, you could make the case that Harrison was down an inch before the goalline on the play right before halftime. That was a call that went, again, to the steelers and appeared to me to be a borderline call. You could make the case on the replay that he didn't score and you can make the case that he DID score. Either way, it was another 50/50 type call that went FOR Pitts.

When you combine this stuff with the officiating in the SB 3 years ago when Pitts seemed to have the refs in their back pockets, it doesn't look good.

YOu know me, i'm not a conspiracy type of guy, but if someone wanted to say the NFL was fixed and the last 2 SB's the Steelers were in were fixed for them to win, i wouldn't argue. Lots of evidence to suggest that the Steelers had favorable refs in the 06 SB and the 09 SB.

Journeyman

EOG Master

It was just a combo of things. I told a friend that i thought the refs were doing a great job and kindof staying out of things. But, then all those penalties against zona, one after another, i didnt like. The roughing the passer penalty was bogus and that seemed to start the avalanche of calls against zona. My buddy made a great point about why that should have NOT been a roughing and his point was that Ben was moving around and scrambling for his life.......which means, you can't hold up when a guy is moving his feet and could possibly pump fake. If Ben was standing in the pocket stationary with no movement that might be different....you have to 'follow thru' on the play, i thought that was ticky tack.

There is a long laundry list of stuff that went against zona. Cards had to use 2 challenges on obviously wrong calls that went against them, so that would have been 2 more calls against zona they would have lost had there been no such thing as challenges.

Then, you add insult to injury by not flagging the steeler player for using the football as a prop and then at the end, not giving a full review on the last play of the game.

Ariz was amazing to overcome all that stuff. I dont' know if Zona wins if the refs keep their mitts off this game, but i would haved liked to have seen the game settled on the field.

Also, if you want to, you could make the case that Harrison was down an inch before the goalline on the play right before halftime. That was a call that went, again, to the steelers and appeared to me to be a borderline call. You could make the case on the replay that he didn't score and you can make the case that he DID score. Either way, it was another 50/50 type call that went FOR Pitts.

When you combine this stuff with the officiating in the SB 3 years ago when Pitts seemed to have the refs in their back pockets, it doesn't look good.

YOu know me, i'm not a conspiracy type of guy, but if someone wanted to say the NFL was fixed and the last 2 SB's the Steelers were in were fixed for them to win, i wouldn't argue. Lots of evidence to suggest that the Steelers had favorable refs in the 06 SB and the 09 SB.

Yeah I know, and a lot opf people feel Pitt will get the calls just because they're the Steelers.

I agree, the game was crusing along at a good pace, no real controversy, the roughing on Ben was awful, Madden said the same thing, Michaels also felt it was weak...it really was weak.

Terry McCauley's crew seems to throw alot of flags, I have always noticed that, although I think overall he is a very good ref.

It seems like Pitt is always involved with plays one inch from the dam goal line. 2348ji23e I don't think Parker got out of the endzone either which became a moot point on the following play....but it did eat up another 30 seconds Az could have used (reaching a bit)

good stuff FK

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Yeah I know, and a lot opf people feel Pitt will get the calls just because they're the Steelers.

I agree, the game was crusing along at a good pace, no real controversy, the roughing on Ben was awful, Madden said the same thing, Michaels also felt it was weak...it really was weak.

Terry McCauley's crew seems to throw alot of flags, I have always noticed that, although I think overall he is a very good ref.

It seems like Pitt is always involved with plays one inch from the dam goal line. 2348ji23e I don't think Parker got out of the endzone either which became a moot point on the following play....but it did eat up another 30 seconds Az could have used (reaching a bit)

good stuff FK

There were a bunch of calls that were 50/50 and they all seemed to go in the steelers favor. On the Harrison return, there was a block in the back......maybe. A 50/50 situation that went unflagged. Would the flag have come out if that was the Cards running it back? My gut tells me yes.

NFL has to be extremely excited that a black head coach is going to be at the white house hugging and laughing with the black prez. this looks good for a league that had to change a rule to make sure teams interviewed black candidates...a black coach winning the biggest game is something that makes the NFL smile pretty wide.

Journeyman

EOG Master

There were a bunch of calls that were 50/50 and they all seemed to go in the steelers favor. On the Harrison return, there was a block in the back......maybe. A 50/50 situation that went unflagged. Would the flag have come out if that was the Cards running it back? My gut tells me yes.

NFL has to be extremely excited that a black head coach is going to be at the white house hugging and laughing with the black prez. this looks good for a league that had to change a rule to make sure teams interviewed black candidates...a black coach winning the biggest game is something that makes the NFL smile pretty wide.

First words from Dan Rooney after the game were about Obama, ironically.:+clueless

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Congratulations Flamingo Kid!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

You are one of the good ones!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Well done!:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Did ya get that bonus check from EOG?

I got $500 when I hit 10,0000

I got $1500 when I hit 20,000