Football trivia

Bigrunner

EOG Master
This famous person once owned a pro football franchise but is better known for taking out a full page ad in a famous newspaper asking for children to be killed.

Who does that?

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The New Jersey Generals were 25-11 during Trump's time as USFL team owner during the 1984 and 1985 seasons.

More winning for Trump, his supporters would say.

Trump detractors would point to New Jersey's 0-2 postseason mark and the league folding in 1986.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The New Jersey Generals were 25-11 during Trump's time as USFL team owner during the 1984 and 1985 seasons.

Trump detractors would point to New Jersey's 0-2 postseason mark and the league folding in 1986.
Folding was inevitable but Trump’s signing of Walker sped up the process. It always happens with these startup leagues - one breaks ranks and wants to play with the big boys.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

I remember me and my dad had season tickets to the New Jersey Generals games. Some of the most fun seasons even though they didn't draw that well, it was the pro incarnations of some proven to be big names like Jim Kelly and Herschel Walker. Some of those nicknames wrre pretty funny. Washington Federals, Boston Breakers, LA Express to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Folding was inevitable but Trump’s signing of Walker sped up the process. It always happens with these startup leagues - one breaks ranks and wants to play with the big boys.

He wanted to kill kids?
Your response speaks volumes. Another white nationalist that condones racist behavior!

You failed the moral test bigly! That was predictable!

Last edited:

Bigrunner

EOG Master

Your response speaks volumes. You turn a blind eye to something a morally solid person would condemn.

You failed the moral test bigly!

Btw, I condemn everything he has done. My moral compass is as full as it gets.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It’s EOG - Eye on Gambling

It’s not EOM - Eye on Morality, but we can call it Eye on Morons and dedicate it to BR.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I remember me and my dad had season tickets to the New Jersey Generals games. Some of the most fun seasons even though they didn't draw that well, it was the pro incarnations of some proven to be big names like Jim Kelly and Herschel Walker. Some of those nicknames wrre pretty funny. Washington Federals, Boston Breakers, LA Express to name a few.

Good story, Jimmy.

And who can forget the greatest nickname of all...the Houston Gamblers.