For everyone who handicaps there own lines & compares them to actual lines in basebal

PM me or email me at *******

Going to try to get a few more knowledgeable people to talk baseball with this season.

I handicap the games with my own lines and then compare my line to Pinny or CRIS (whoever has em up early since I try to hit openers).

Let me know boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't there a rule to posting emails? Jake- GL with your baseball season but I'm not going to privately discuss my capping with a 21 year old. Nothing against you but I'm not sure that I can learn anything from a person so young. Post it here and we can get some discussion going on it.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
raiders72001 said:
Isn't there a rule to posting emails?

Yes Sir. If it appears to be an attempt at solicitation by competitors or touts/shills.

Have a good night

PS, I need all the help I can get with baseball myself. :frustrate

Sound of Silence said:
I'd love to crunch baseball #'s with you -- why not do it in the baseball forum though?

Like General said, I work for some other forums. It's kind of off limits (at least to me as far as morals) to contribute to another forum while moderating at another. I won't post here and wouldn't ask anyone to post at the sites I work for.

All the discussion would be on MSN or AOL as it is somewhat of a neutral ground. I made a post in the main forum explaining this post to General so hopefully he'll allow me to post my email again.

raiders72001 said:
Isn't there a rule to posting emails? Jake- GL with your baseball season but I'm not going to privately discuss my capping with a 21 year old. Nothing against you but I'm not sure that I can learn anything from a person so young. Post it here and we can get some discussion going on it.

Haven't I done better than you 2 of the last 3 years in MLB? Not sure how you did last year but I kinda quit on the season so I'll give you that one.

Not saying you could necessarily learn anything new but not saying you couldn't either.

Sorry folks. General said it was a no go. You can get ahold of me if you already know how and we can talk baseball but I'm not allowed to tell you how to get in touch with me.

For everyone that can't get in touch, have a great baseball season. Hope ya win a nice chunk of cash.

Cobbler said:
So how do you make your own line Jake?

Lots of factors...

Some of the main ones:

Ballpark depth and info
Weather
Offense last 5-10 games
Pitching last 3-4 starts
Previous pitcher vs. team history (I don't go back more than 2-3 years generally)
Groundball pitcher or flyball pitcher vs. opposing hitters

There's a ton more but that's what I start on.

Figure in homefield and the teams chances of winning. Usually I get over half the lines within 5 cents of the actual line when I handicap. Usually get 2-3 plays on a big day, sometimes more. I generally try to find a line 12-15 cents off from what I handicapped it at before I place a bet.