Fourth of July card at Belmont Park

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
First post is 1:15 p.m. ET for the 11-race card with the prestigious Met Mile serving as today's feature race.

The Met Mile pits McKinzie versus Code of Honor versus Vekoma and five others.

Clear, fast and firm right now in Elmont, New York.

Let's make some money.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
great day of racing. Epsom Derby up in 30 minutes.

Belmont card really great.

derby points race at Los Al.

other great stuff

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
a longer shot play (maybe double digits) race 5 #5 T Loves A Fight we shall see may be 15-1
a horse that should run big today and also blueline has in his longshot figure angles also. interested in this one.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
"Chalk chalk" to open today's racing action.

A winning $2 daily double combo of 8-1 returned $5.50.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Three consecutive odds-on winning favorites start the card today at Belmont Park.

Winning payouts were $2.90, $3.10 and $2.90.

The $1 Pick 3 returned $3.60.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
One-one hundreths of a second off the track record, according to track announcer John Imbriale.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
PICK 5 PAYOUTS ($1 payouts)

1 - $102.50

2 - $361

3 - $131

4 - $120.74

5 - $223.50

6 - $38.50

7 - $34.74

8 - $127.74

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fortin Hill wins the fifth race as the 9/5 second choice.

The Ortiz brothers hold the key to so many races in New York.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Here are my numbers..some long ones in there

Race 8 .. 1457
Race 9 .. 2678
Race 10.. 1578
Race 11 ...pass

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here are my numbers..some long ones in there

Race 8 .. 1457
Race 9 .. 2678
Race 10.. 1578
Race 11 ...pass

I prefer the Luca code.

Simply 81, 92, 101 and 11pass.

Haha.

On second thought, going "four deep" allows for more opinions and positions.

Valuist

EOG Master
The results at Belmont were amazingly bad. 6 betting favorites out of 11 is chalky but not unheard of. But you look at all the results. Three other winners were close 2nd choices, paying $5.90, $5.90 and $6.30. The big "longshots" on the day paid $10.80 and $11.80. First 3 winners paid $2.90, $3.10 and $2.90.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The results at Belmont were amazingly bad. 6 betting favorites out of 11 is chalky but not unheard of. But you look at all the results. Three other winners were close 2nd choices, paying $5.90, $5.90 and $6.30. The big "longshots" on the day paid $10.80 and $11.80. First 3 winners paid $2.90, $3.10 and $2.90.

Yes. I need a new job...

blueline

EOG Master
that filly is fast but shes not " that fast"....at least she wasnt going into the race....odd time....no trackus

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
A post from BLUELINE last hour:

"Due to an abundance of caution, all racing operations at Lone Star Park have been suspended due to #COVID19," the tweet read. "Racing will resume at a date to be determined."

The first race went off as scheduled Sunday afternoon, but the card was abruptly canceled ahead of the second race. Track officials were not immediately available for comment Sunday afternoon.

The state of Texas has recently seen a spike in COVID-19 cases, prompting Gov. Abbott to issue a statewide face covering mandate July 2 for all counties with 20 or more positive cases.

Lone Star's season kicked off May 22 without spectators and was set to run through Aug. 11. As the state was allowed to reopen, the track announced June 10 that it would allow spectators while following Center for Disease Control protocols, such as temperature checks and social distancing. Face masks were made available and encouraged. That policy was later changed to being required for anyone entering the track.

The face mask policy posted on the Lone Star website reads: "Face coverings are required for all guests ages 2 and up at all times, with the only exception being when in the act of eating or drinking. Those who fail to comply will be refused service and will be asked to leave the property."

Foresthill

EOG Addicted
One-one hundreths of a second off the track record, according to track announcer John Imbriale.

Why do we have this guy instead of Larry Collmus?

I know, contact negotiations broke down. But what's the story behind the story?

Collmus will fill in for Trevor Denman at Del Mar as Denman prefers to remain In Minnesota, I guess for health reasons. Imbriale is hopelessly lost in the 1960's giving manual stop watch 1/5 fractionally times unlike the up-to-date Colmus, who recognizes its the 21st century and gives times in decimal points.