Futures limit down

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Hasn't this been the swan song the last 3 weeks? Would be the 4th time over just once for limit up. Additionally, only remote trading permitted tomorrow as traders will not be on the floor.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I believe Wall Street will get over 50 trillion dollars before they are thru

And that is how the wealth transfer is complete.

During the good times, they can turn their paper profits into real profits (like buying real estate)

And when the paper profits blow up in their faces, here comes Uncle Fed and Uncle Sam with the rescue

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I dont know why any average worker would teach their kids to mess around with 401K's and the market ever. Its only been 12 years since the last disaster.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
I dont know why any average worker would teach their kids to mess around with 401K's and the market ever. Its only been 12 years since the last disaster.
This is when you make the money in 401k....young investors buying cheap.. market will be higher than it was when this all started. It might take 2-3 years. 2-3 years of buying biweekly at a gigantic discount will add up.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I said average worker. The worker who is witnessing his money go up in smoke as we speak.

Im not talking people who can afford to bet a thousand a game here and lose.

jimmythegreek

Thta's why investors have the opportunity to choose the risk factors as it is not encouraged to touch your retirement until you reach 59.5 unless you are in dire need. You then pay penalties through the nose in principle and then again anyway at subsuquent tax time.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Dow was under 10k back in 2003.

Very possible this could hit given how the unemployment number on Thursday could be at a historic high.

jimmythegreek

Volatility index is lower over the past couple of days. Futures are limit lowest right now, but in some of these dire plunges the market has a tendency to rally late softening the blow of the overall losses although still ugly. I think once 15k is reached you will see a fixation or optimistically a slow slow climb back to respectability.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
It just might be our perfect storm. The media, other countries, our president who was already on thin ice who isnt liked by many of these countries.

All these have played a huge roll. Now you have a lot of people at home witnessing this shit where your mind starts playing tricks on you. Uncertainty, fear, nothing to do for most.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
if trump gets money into people's hands he will be re-elected. that's his safe card.

could be more than a few thousand if this goes another 90 days.

jimmythegreek

Futures 'slightly" out of max down territory, down 836 or 4.2%. Not optimistic though that this trend will continue

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Could go 4 months then phase in only to go again in Autumn unless vaccine

I would work on making the ventillators like crazy.

If you got that technically you could start reopening things.

After say about a month of this, order in big cities will break down.

Are plumbers essential???? If YOUR toilet is clogged, they are

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Lots of movement based on news of the stimulus package.

3rd attempt looks like a no go and the market is down -153 to just over 19,020 now.

Still feel that when the unemployment numbers come out on Thursday the market is going to hit 15,000.

The market SHOULD already have some of this in it's current status but weird things happen when numbers are bigger than what is anticipated.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
They needed to freeze these markets somehow (institute a Level 4) at least a week ago.
Like Ray Luca wrote, every time Trump talks, the markets crap another 600 points. And he doesn't know when to stop talking.
Maybe have these Task Force press conferences after NYSE and NASDAQ close(d)?

If you weigh 200 pounds and lose 8-10% every single day, then sooner THAN later you will wither away to absolutely nothing.
No Stimulus or Big Plans can save any of this crap. They needed a National TO 3 weeks ago, but 50 independent states.

NYC and DC shouldn't control the National Mood nor should Press Conferences.
Every time Trump talks, these numbers bleed red and there's nothing he can say anymore that will appease markets, let alone most of the populace.

Unsure why they didn't freeze this stuff around 20K and tell idiots to get the fuck of Beaches and out off Central Park for a while.
We are blindly killing each other and we may never know who the actual assassin was.
This will never end with so many ignoring, or even understanding this Social Distancing concept..

The smart man on my TV who said " Laissez-faire Social Distancing isn't Social Distancing" is right.
This seems like it will be one of the roughest weeks in US history. They need to turn the Red Numbers off.

People everywhere slow to care about the invisible:: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12318767 https://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=12318767

Last edited:

jimmythegreek

Lots of movement based on news of the stimulus package.

3rd attempt looks like a no go and the market is down -153 to just over 19,020 now.

Still feel that when the unemployment numbers come out on Thursday the market is going to hit 15,000.

The market SHOULD already have some of this in it's current status but weird things happen when numbers are bigger than what is anticipated.
I'm not sure the market will plummet to that figure this week do quickly,, especially if there's a rally day sandwiched in there somewhere, but I do think amidst all of this chaos that 15000 is an adequate bottom.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If you weigh 200 pounds and lose 8-10% every single day, then sooner THAN later you will wither away to absolutely nothing.
No Stimulus or Big Plans can save any of this crap. They needed a National TO 3 weeks ago, but 50 independent states.

Yeah. Exactly.

For kicks listen to Trump's latest press conference. Guy can't resist talking about building the wall as part of his proof that the federal government can respond to crisis. What???

Any more proof needed for why the market goes down when he talks?