"George Bush doesn't care about black people"

Sam Odom

EOG Master
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=headlineblack style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 5px">Kanye West Rips Bush at Telethon</TD></TR><TR><TD class=storytext style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 10px">Friday, September 02, 2005

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>

NEW YORK ? It began, fittingly enough, with jazz from New Orleans natives Harry Connick Jr. and Wynton Marsalis. But "A Concert for Hurricane Relief," a heartfelt and dignified benefit aired on NBC and other networks Friday night, took an unexpected turn thanks to the outspoken rapper Kanye West.

Appearing two-thirds through the program, he claimed "George Bush doesn't care about black people" and said America is set up "to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off as slow as possible."

The show, simulcast from New York on NBC, MSNBC, CNBC and Pax, was aired live to the East Coast, enabling the Grammy-winning rapper's outburst to go out uncensored.

Books Worst Enemy

EOG Addicted
This will all be ending soon enough as we import more and more hispanics into the US. White people are less than half of the state of Texas. One in three people in the DFW Area now speak a language other than english at home. The number one rated radio station in Dallas is spanish speaking.

Once the white man is no longer the majority the race cry babies will be left with nothing to whine about.

Did you hear Gilmore on the ESPN Utah game tonight talking about the NCAA and the native american mascots?

What about the Irish? Isn't that racist too? People of Irish decent in the US are a minority too. But I didn't hear Gilmore sticking up for the Irish.

Later,
Books Worst Enemy

Books Worst Enemy said:
Once the white man is no longer the majority the race cry babies will be left with nothing to whine about.

Nope, then they'll tell us about how all the wealth is still concintrated in the hands of the "white minority".

And your right GreenDoberman,and the irony is that "Redskins" is probably the most racist name in sports yet at the same time it's the least likely to ever be changed.

IVE MET KANYE IN PERSON..... ALTHOUGH I THINK HE IS GAY, YOU GOTTA GIVE THE MAN RESPECT FOE VOICING HIS OPINION:+signs9-1

Why would an ex-governor of Texas and disenfranchiser of black voters in Florida who carries the lowest % of the black vote in history care about blacks? This thread is stating the obvious like saying the sun comes up tomorrow.:hung

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Ari Gold said:
Why would an ex-governor of Texas and disenfranchiser of black voters in Florida who carries the lowest % of the black vote in history care about blacks? This thread is stating the obvious like saying the sun comes up tomorrow.:hung

What does x-gov of tex have to do with this?

lowest % of black vote is just factually untrue.

Ari, go back to moveon.org and copy/paste some more:D

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Ari, some facts for you, if you care. Keep in mind Reagan & Daddy were in single digits.

Turnout Strong Among Black Voters; More Supported Bush Than Before
By Joe Davidson, BET.com Political Columnist

November 5, 2004 -- A strong turnout by African Americans on Election Day wasn?t enough to defeat President Bush. Despite cases of voter intimidation, he beat John Kerry fair and square. And Bush did it with greater support from Black voters than he won four years ago.
Bush made a modest inroad into the Black community, but that?s more than enough to let Republicans crow. Surveys of voters after they left the polls indicated that 11 percent of African Americans voted for him, up at least two points from 2000. In some places, like Ohio, Bush took 16 percent of the Black vote, an increase of seven points.

Kerry won a solid 88 percent of the national Black vote, but that was two points lower than Al Gore's African American support in the last presidential election. Bush?s 51 percent of the total vote gave him a popular vote majority, quite a contrast to his popular vote defeat (that was followed by an Electoral College win) last time.

Those RNC numbers over 20 years are sure something to be proud about regarding diversity. A legacy of alienation indeed. Great to see 11% is better than 9%. :+excited-

Many Ohio districts also complained about returns in the minority districts.

What govenor had executed more blacks and was proud of it in the 2000 debates?

This should also be in the political forum as well since it won't go anywhere.

Bush is a smart man. I am honored to have him represent the United States.

The title of this thread read Bush doesnt care.

WHO DOES

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
My city got wiped out here in Florida by Hurricane Charley last year......

We were without Electriciy and water for 2 weeks.

The help didn't just show up overnight either.

It takes time.

When the help finally did arrive we didn't open fire on them.........

I am black and i voted for bush, bush had nothing to do with that hurrican, that mayor should have made sure his city got out.

The problem i have non of them 200 pound sisters should be crying there hungry. Get the people water and meds.

Corduroy

EOG Member
UWinSports said:
Bush is a smart man. I am honored to have him represent the United States.

Bush is probably the most unaccomplished, unremarkable President of the U.S. ever. He is so far over his head it's not funny. Karl Rove is a mad genius to get this boob where is today.