Getting a colonoscopy

kane

EOG master
You're talking for the whole colonoscopy, or that test I did? i think ins should cover a colonoscopy since it's considered a preventative exam after age 50.

She said the cost of the colonoscopy was $150, I don't know how much my insurance covers, but I need to bring my insurance card with me tomorrow

MrTop

EOG Master
colonoscopy way more than 150 minimum 3k

they have to put you to sleep... that guy is a separate charge . He is good amount too

mr merlin

EOG Master
She said the cost of the colonoscopy was $150, I don't know how much my insurance covers, but I need to bring my insurance card with me tomorrow
Like mr top said, it's way more, prob 3-4K, a few years back I was supposed to have a endoscopy(very similar), I had a high deductible plan and inquired about the cost and they told me $3500 but that didn't include the anesthesiest or the guy who reads it.

kane

EOG master
Okay, so I started drinking this stuff, and it's pretty nasty, it tastes like someone tried to make lemon lime but messed up, I want to chug it, but I'm worried I'll vomit

MrTop

EOG Master
what time is your appointment? I got the early one.. sharp move by me. No waiting.. they wheel me right in

lap18

EOG Dedicated
I copy KANE....I did it after ol lady bitching at me for weeks to do it. It ain't easy to poop in a box but I know it's better than what you have to go through.

kane

EOG master
It took about 20 mins before I had to go again, I'll spare everyone the details, but it looks like a bathroom visit every 20 or so mins, at 7 I need to take 4 laxative pills

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
We need an Over/Under for (night) shits.
5½u -135 seems about right.

I'd go to bed early.
Good Luck to both of you.

Cool to see Men talking about Health things.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Okay, so I started drinking this stuff, and it's pretty nasty, it tastes like someone tried to make lemon lime but messed up, I want to chug it, but I'm worried I'll vomit

Told you it tastes nasty

Who is either driving you or picking you up tomorrow? I ask because they will not let you leave until they know someone is driving you home because once you get home you will be taking a nice 2-4 hour nap and whoever drives you home will have a tough time getting you in the door because you are not going to be able to do so on your own

kane

EOG master
We need an Over/Under for (night) shits.
5½u -135 seems about right.

I'd go to bed early.
Good Luck to both of you.

Cool to see Men talking about Health things.

Well the Over cashes easily, it's been almost 4 hours since I started the process and I've gone about 12 times already, this fucking sucks

kane

EOG master
Told you it tastes nasty

Who is either driving you or picking you up tomorrow? I ask because they will not let you leave until they know someone is driving you home because once you get home you will be taking a nice 2-4 hour nap and whoever drives you home will have a tough time getting you in the door because you are not going to be able to do so on your own

What I'm planning on doing is driving myself to the facility, then I've got someone to pick me up when I'm done. I live so close to where I'm getting this done I could literally walk there, I live about a half mile from where I'm getting this done, anyway I'll pick up my car later in the day. I've had guys tell me they were out of it for a couple hours after, but I've also had guys tell me that they were fine 15 mins after

kane

EOG master
As if all of this isn't bad enough, my next dose is at 3:00 in the morning, which means I won't be able to get much if any sleep, I mean if I'm running to the bathroom every 20 mins there isn't any time for me to sleep. Did I mention this fucking sucks

richsox24

EOG Master
As if all of this isn't bad enough, my next dose is at 3:00 in the morning, which means I won't be able to get much if any sleep, I mean if I'm running to the bathroom every 20 mins there isn't any time for me to sleep. Did I mention this fucking sucks
Hang in there kane. You only have to do this once every 4-5 yrs hopefully.

Tomorrow will be a breeze.

Valuist

EOG Master
John Murray from the Westgate just offered these props on VSIN:

Will either Kane or Mr Top vomit? No -120 Yes +100
If one does vomit, who will puke first? Kane -110 Mr. Top -110
Colonscopy results: Clean bill of health for both: Yes -400 No +300

richsox24

EOG Master
Is it every 5 years or 10 years? My last was in 2013. I'm hoping its every 10 years.
Yeah, shouldn't have said every 5 years. It was every 5 for my parents and will be for me because there is a family history of colon cancer in family.

But I think if you don't have a family history and your 1st test comes back clean, then they won't want to see you for 10 yrs.

dogball

EOG Master
Diverticulitis is nasty , been very painful for me at times.
I needed morphine once it was so painful regular pain killer didn’t move the needle

kane

EOG master
Well, right now no one can say I'm full of shit, LOL. Seriously, this has been miserable, I stopped counting how many times I've had to use the bathroom. I haven't gotten any sleep and in a half hour I have to drink some more of this stuff, so sleeping isn't even an option at this point, 8:30 can't come fast enough. More than likely my next post will be after I get home and the procedure is done, I'll keep you guys posted how things went for me.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Good luck with it Kane but you'll be fine, the worst part is over.

I've had it done and it was fine but they did find some polyps. They took care of them on the spot.

Feels good to have that shit behind you.

kane

EOG master
Okay, so I just got home as little while ago, and everyone was right, the worst part is the prep, the procedure today was a breeze, they wheeled me in a room and laid me on my side, then they put something in my mouth, some sort of bite guard, the Doc asked if I was ready, I said yes, then they injected something into my IV, two seconds later I was out, next thing I remember there's a nurse standing over me asking if I knew where I was, I said yes, she asked how I felt and I said I was fine, I got dressed and she walked me into the waiting area, I sat down, she asked if I wanted apple juice, ginger ale, or water, I chose water, there was a lady next to me who asked if she could have some crackers, but her nurse said they didn't give out food, only something to drink, so I was pissed over not getting a cookie (just kidding), I didn't have much of an appetite anyway, but I was real thirsty, that cold cup of water really hit the spot. Anyway, about 20 mins passed and my ride showed up, so we left and I've been home for a little bit now, I don't feel groggy at all, and I don't feel tired which is surprising considering how little sleep I've had, I'm sure at some point it will catch up to me and I'll need to take a nap, but right now I feel fine, I still haven't eaten anything, although I am starting to just now get a little hungry, but I've been drinking a lot of water, I didn't realize how dehydrated I was, between the constant bathroom trips combined with not drinking anything since midnight, I am very thirsty, I'll head out in a little while for some lunch, maybe a turkey sandwich. As far as the results, I didn't get a chance to talk to the Dr, but he left a note saying he found some polyps, didn't say how many, but I know if any were found they would be sent for a biopsy, hopefully they come back benign, but you never know. Anyway, I have an appointment with him in about two weeks to go over the results, boy what an experience, hopefully I won't have to through this again for a long time, but I guess that all depends on the biopsy results.

kane

EOG master
John Murray from the Westgate just offered these props on VSIN:

Will either Kane or Mr Top vomit? No -120 Yes +100
If one does vomit, who will puke first? Kane -110 Mr. Top -110
Colonscopy results: Clean bill of health for both: Yes -400 No +300

Didn't vomit, clean bill of health TBD

mr merlin

EOG Master
Okay, so I just got home as little while ago, and everyone was right, the worst part is the prep, the procedure today was a breeze, they wheeled me in a room and laid me on my side, then they put something in my mouth, some sort of bite guard, the Doc asked if I was ready, I said yes, then they injected something into my IV, two seconds later I was out, next thing I remember there's a nurse standing over me asking if I knew where I was, I said yes, she asked how I felt and I said I was fine, I got dressed and she walked me into the waiting area, I sat down, she asked if I wanted apple juice, ginger ale, or water, I chose water, there was a lady next to me who asked if she could have some crackers, but her nurse said they didn't give out food, only something to drink, so I was pissed over not getting a cookie (just kidding), I didn't have much of an appetite anyway, but I was real thirsty, that cold cup of water really hit the spot. Anyway, about 20 mins passed and my ride showed up, so we left and I've been home for a little bit now, I don't feel groggy at all, and I don't feel tired which is surprising considering how little sleep I've had, I'm sure at some point it will catch up to me and I'll need to take a nap, but right now I feel fine, I still haven't eaten anything, although I am starting to just now get a little hungry, but I've been drinking a lot of water, I didn't realize how dehydrated I was, between the constant bathroom trips combined with not drinking anything since midnight, I am very thirsty, I'll head out in a little while for some lunch, maybe a turkey sandwich. As far as the results, I didn't get a chance to talk to the Dr, but he left a note saying he found some polyps, didn't say how many, but I know if any were found they would be sent for a biopsy, hopefully they come back benign, but you never know. Anyway, I have an appointment with him in about two weeks to go over the results, boy what an experience, hopefully I won't have to through this again for a long time, but I guess that all depends on the biopsy results.
How does it feel having your asshole violated in crude and unspeakable ways? Do you feel like you got sandusky'd?

kane

EOG master
How does it feel having your asshole violated in crude and unspeakable ways? Do you feel like you got sandusky'd?

I feel perfectly normal, no pain, not even a little discomfort, absolutely nothing, it's as if I went into a deep sleep for about 25 mins and woke up, I was worried about how it would feel after, but everyone told me exactly the way it's playing out, they all said afterwards you feel no discomfort or pain at all, they were right

mr merlin

EOG Master
I feel perfectly normal, no pain, not even a little discomfort, absolutely nothing, it's as if I went into a deep sleep for about 25 mins and woke up, I was worried about how it would feel after, but everyone told me exactly the way it's playing out, they all said afterwards you feel no discomfort or pain at all, they were right
I recall an instance a couple years back where someone left their phone on or something and recorded audio of the procedure, supposedly the staff made all kinds of crude comments about the guy during the process. i think he sued.