God Bless America

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: God Bless America

Why would God favor one group of people over another? How about God Bless Us All?

He can,song was just a fourth of july thing for americans.
sorry if I wasn't politically correct.
Should have posted it in the main forum

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

The sentiment is fine but I have long questioned God and her reasons for anything.

Wondered about reasons for a few things myself-hoping to get to ask some questions judgement day.Bye the looks of the way things are going should be a short line.

Last edited:

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Unless God or Multiple Gods gamble on us, there's not much reason for the God(s) to care about us at all, correct?

Spytheweb

EOG Addicted
Re: A God Bless America

Re: A God Bless America

Man really thinks he matters. We are no more than germs that can reason. Our world maybe no more than a speck of dust on a policeman's uniform.

its a shame you do not think you are more than a germ.sure ya dont want to upgrade to a disease?

oh I love living in the greatest country in the world breathing the sweet, sweet air of freedom

DimeDR

Banned

god is a myth, who believes in myths, gimme facts ... whos seen god? there are many known facts about 9/11 and false flags yet the sheep and god squaders choose an invisble cloud deity over looking into history ... amazing, wool over eyes crack me up every day

DimeDR

Banned

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Ancient Tablet Evidence of Jesus Myth?

An ancient Hebrew tablet is creating a stir after certain scholars identified it as containing a pre-Christian account of the awaited Jewish messiah's death and resurrection after three days. If this artifact is genuine, from the era claimed, and actually says what is asserted, the discovery clearly demonstrates that the idea of a messiah, savior or divine redeemer dying and rising after three days existed decades before the alleged advent of Jesus Christ. This dying-and-resurrecting motif is one of a number that various writers and scholars have claimed demonstrate Jesus to represent not a "historical" personage but a mythical concept found in religious ideologies and mythologies long prior to the so-called Christian era.

A recent article in the New York Times expresses caution concerning the find, as it has not been conclusively proved to be from the era in question, some years to decades prior to the common era, or to discuss what it is alleged to relate. However, the article also concludes that if the tablet is truly what it is purported to be, then:

"Resurrection after three days becomes a motif developed before Jesus, which runs contrary to nearly all scholarship."

The idea of this motif existing before Christ "runs contrary to nearly all scholarship," except for that of "Jesus mythicists," including in my books, The Christ Conspiracy, Suns of God, Who Was Jesus? and Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection.

In fact, if genuine, this tablet would constitute not "prophecy" of Christ's alleged advent but a primary source for a BLUEPRINT used in the creation of the fictional Jesus character - a theme I repeatedly address in my work. Indeed, the educated Jews of the Diaspora, including the very important Egyptian city of Alexandria, were undoubtedly well aware of the ubiquitous story of the god Osiris, "Lord of Resurrections," who was said to have died and been resurrected after three days, as stated in ancient Egyptian texts that predate the alleged time of Jesus by hundreds to thousands of years. It may well be that the Jewish priesthood in Judea - a mere stone's throw from their many brethren in Egypt - were also quite knowledgeable of this highly important god and his resurrection, which promised hope to hundreds of millions of Egyptians over a period of several thousand years, long prior to the purported time of Jesus Christ. If so, we would logically expect from their own religion-making efforts just such writings as are alleged to be found on this extraordinary tablet.

New York Times
July 6, 2008

Tablet Ignites Debate on Messiah and Resurrection

By ETHAN BRONNER JERUSALEM — A three-foot-tall tablet with 87 lines of Hebrew that scholars believe dates from the decades just before the birth of Jesus is causing a quiet stir in biblical and archaeological circles, especially because it may speak of a messiah who will rise from the dead after three days.
If such a messianic description really is there, it will contribute to a developing re-evaluation of both popular and scholarly views of Jesus, since it suggests that the story of his death and resurrection was not unique but part of a recognized Jewish tradition at the time.
The tablet, probably found near the Dead Sea in Jordan according to some scholars who have studied it, is a rare example of a stone with ink writings from that era — in essence, a Dead Sea Scroll on stone.
It is written, not engraved, across two neat columns, similar to columns in a Torah. But the stone is broken, and some of the text is faded, meaning that much of what it says is open to debate.
Still, its authenticity has so far faced no challenge, so its role in helping to understand the roots of Christianity in the devastating political crisis faced by the Jews of the time seems likely to increase....
Given the highly charged atmosphere surrounding all Jesus-era artifacts and writings, both in the general public and in the fractured and fiercely competitive scholarly community, as well as the concern over forgery and charlatanism, it will probably be some time before the tablet’s contribution is fully assessed....
Ms. Yardeni, who analyzed the stone along with Binyamin Elitzur, is an expert on Hebrew script, especially of the era of King Herod, who died in 4 B.C. The two of them published a long analysis of the stone more than a year ago in Cathedra, a Hebrew-language quarterly devoted to the history and archaeology of Israel, and said that, based on the shape of the script and the language, the text dated from the late first century B.C....
"This should shake our basic view of Christianity," [Knohl] said as he sat in his office of the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem where he is a senior fellow in addition to being the Yehezkel Kaufman Professor of Biblical Studies at Hebrew University. "Resurrection after three days becomes a motif developed before Jesus, which runs contrary to nearly all scholarship. What happens in the New Testament was adopted by Jesus and his followers based on an earlier messiah story."...
Mr. Knohl said...[the tablet] strongly suggested that a savior who died and rose after three days was an established concept at the time of Jesus....

Posted by Acharya S at <A class=timestamp-link title="permanent link" href="http://tbknews.blogspot.com/2008/07/ancient-tablet-evidence-of-jesus-myth.html" rel=bookmark><ABBR class=published title=2008-07-05T17:21:00-05:00>5:21 PM</ABBR>
Labels: christ, jesus, knohl, messiah, new testament, new york times, osiris, resurrection, tablet, three days

1 comments:

<DL id=comments-block><DT class="comment-author anon-comment-icon" id=c5058846267990857512>Naiya said... <DD class=comment-body>Hardly surprising... The common desire of humans to be redeemed or saved from a source without has always appealed to the imaginations of the spiritually lazy indoctrinated into a mentality of slavery to an angry deity - as well as those who would profit by their devotion and fear. Messianic teachings will continue to persist, even into oblivion - if we don't figure out how to inspire the other perennial human desire - freedom.

Regardless of the authenticity of the tablet, common sense will tell us that the mythos of the life, death and resurrection are imminently more powerful in the human psyche than a historical fact ever could be. The Christos or Horus (the spiritual product of divine union of Mother/Father in the heart) - is a direct experience requiring no intercession on behalf of anyone. Look at the symbolism of the Anahata (Heart) Chakra (or the star of 'David')... The blueprint of the very meaning of freedom exists right there. Every religion makes every exerted effort to point away from this very simple powerful truth, though amazingly, tellingly, all their mythologies contain it.

I'd like it if they found a clay tablet that actually said that...
<DD class=comment-footer>7:53 PM </DD></DL>

DimeDR

Banned

doesnt work that way, munchy, you prove he does ... anything, dna, anything ... he lives, is immortal, any pics, just a glossy, dont need a movie ... what a sucker you are for believing, you get on me for 9/11 and i can show you fact after fact, and you have nothing for the murderering impetus of the icon jesus christ, allah, and the rest of the myths like hercules...

i asked you on another thread about herk and you dodged it as i expected; now, take your fake god and religion and do what you want, i was raised catholic and quickly saw what a farce it all is ... if it makes you sleep better, good for you, mr dupe :)

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

So where are your facts and evidence to support your assertion that God is a myth?

Munchkin Man

doesnt work that way, munchy

Oh yes, indeed, it does work that way.

See below.

munchy, you prove he does ... anything, dna, anything ... he lives, is immortal, any pics, just a glossy, dont need a movie

The Munchkin Man set a little trap for you.

As expected, you fell right into it.

You made an assertion that God is a myth.

The Munchkin Man asked you to support your assertion with the same standard of factual evidence that you demand of others.

You have no factual evidence, and you know it.

Therefore, you evaded the question by turning around and asking the Munchkin Man for his factual evidence that God does exist.

Now it's the Munchkin Man's turn to say..............

It doesn't work that way.

And this time, it really doesn't.

You made the original assertion that God is a myth.

That's quite an assertion.

It is your duty to back it up.

So where is your evidence?

Huh-huh.

That's what the Munchkin Man thought.

You don't have any.

Now then.

Does the Munchkin Man have any physical and factual evidence, such as the pictures you mentioned, that God exists?

No, of course not.

The Munchkin Man's standard of evidence for the existence of God rests with his faith in the Word of God as revealed in The Holy Bible.

Of course, you dismiss this as factual evidence.

You have stated that God is a myth.

The only apparent rationale to support your argument is that the Munchkin Man was unable to provide you with any physical factual evidence, that meets your standards, that God does exist.

Therefore, you have fallen into a logical fallacy, one that is very common among liberals.

This logical fallacy is as follows:

Absence of evidence = Evidence of absence.

This is not true.

Absense of evidence does not prove evidence of absence.

Therefore, your assertion that God is a myth is based not only upon a lack of physical evidence, but also from the logical fallacy cited above.

Think about it.

With Blessings,

Munchkin Man

DimeDR

Banned

thats what i thought, munchy, another coward who wont make his point in anything other than equivocating abstract ...

see a myth is a lie or fiction or fabricated so its impossible to prove, so now its your turn since you contend god is real ... so you are no longer on deck, youre in the box, prove it ...

why do you believe? thats a simple question, are you afraid to admit you have faith and thats it? its ok to believe in cloud deities ... i dont believe bc theres no proof, thats my answer ... lets see yours ...

DimeDR

Banned

and if you are using the bible, do you believe noah built his ark and chose every animal on earth and floated in water until he found land ... LMAO ... i mean, you said the bible is your basis, but is it faith too?

see i dont believe in ghosts, and thats all god is, so its hard to find a casper :) maybe you can in king james version papers

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

thats what i thought, munchy, another coward who wont make his point in anything other than equivocating abstract ...

The name calling begins, as spoken by somebody who has just lost an argument.

see a myth is a lie or fiction or fabricated so its impossible to prove,

Thanks for finally admitting that you had no proof to support your original assertion.

so now its your turn since you contend god is real ... so you are no longer on deck, youre in the box, prove it ...

Knock Knock?

Hello?

Is anybody home?

Did you read the Munchkin Man's last post?

Obviously, you didn't.

Or maybe it was too intellectual for you.

The Munchkin Man has already stated that that Munchkin Man has no physical evidence or "proof" to support the existence of God.

The Munchkin Man has already stated that the basis of the Munchkin Man's belief in God is his faith in the Word of God, as revealed by God, in the Holy Bible.

This is all the "proof" the Munchkin Man needs.

This obviously fails to meet your standard of proof.

But it doesn't have to.

why do you believe? thats a simple question, are you afraid to admit you have faith and thats it? its ok to believe in cloud deities

If you read and comprehended the Munchkin Man's last post, you would have understood that the basis of the Munchkin Man's belief in the existence in God is faith.

Is there a community college nearby where you live?

If so, the Munchkin Man would like to kindly suggest that you enroll in a course in remedial reading.

i dont believe bc theres no proof, thats my answer

This is incredible!

You have done it again!

You have fallen into the same logical fallacy twice in the same thread!

One more time:

Absence of evidence does not prove evidence of absence.

In the context of this argument, the absence of evidence for the existence of God does not constitute evidence of the absence for the existence of God.

The Munchkin Man suggests you write the sentence directly above 100 times.

Then maybe you will begin to understand it.

It's a shame that you were never in the Munchkin Man's classroom back when the Munchkin Man was a teacher.

The Munchkin Man might have been able to teach you how to read, think, and reason well enough to construct and carry on an intelligible discussion.

With Blessings,

Munchkin Man

DimeDR

Banned

hey munchausen by proxy (This relatively uncommon condition involves the exaggeration or fabrication of illnesses or symptoms by a primary caretaker. One of the most harmful forms of child abuse, Munchausen by proxy syndrome ? also commonly called Munchausen syndrome by proxy (MSBP) ? was named after Baron von Munchausen, an eighteenth-century German dignitary known for telling outlandish stories.)

since i said god is a myth and it stumped your blind spot, heres some defintions of a myth

What is myth?

We use the term myth frequently -- not only on this site, but in life. Myths are stories shared by a group, and are a part of that group's cultural identity, but so are family traditions. Most families would be offended to hear their stories described as myths. We say that such and such is a myth when the term "urban legend" or outright lie might be better. Sometimes we dismiss someone else's religious beliefs with the term myth. Those uses of the term myth have a negative connotation. More positively, many of us love to learn more about the stories of the gods and goddesses, and to do so, we scour the Internet and bookstores for reference material on keyword myths.

These descriptions of myth are not definitions and don't even explain very much. Unfortunately for those who want a simple answer to the question, "What is myth?", there is no completely satisfactory answer. Many people have tried, with limited success. A look at an array of definitions from leading philosophers and other thinkers shows the complexity behind the seemingly simple term myth:
  • Myths are often stories of origins, how the world and everything in it came to be in illo tempore.
    Eliade.
  • Sometimes myths are public dreams which, like private dreams, emerge from the unconscious mind.
    Freud.
  • Indeed, myths often reveal the archetypes of the collective unconscious.
    Jung.
  • Myths orient people to the metaphysical dimension, explain the origins and nature of the cosmos, validate social issues, and, on the psychological plane, address themselves to the innermost depths of the psyche.
    Campbell.
  • Some myths are explanatory, being pre-scientific attempts to interpret the natural world.
    Frazer.
  • Religious myths are sacred histories.
    Eliade.
  • Myths are both individual and social in scope, but they are first and foremost stories.
    Kirk.

DimeDR

Banned

so munchy, since you think you are so clever but have only fallen prey to your own petard, what about noah, you believe the bible right, did he corral those beasts two pair at a time? answer that pleez

and FAITH, lmao, what a joke, what is that, faith the ice cream wagon will come to your block or that the red sox will win the pennant ... faith isnt science my man, and you have the sack to dispute 9/11 and the neocons yet have faith in a cloud squatter ... i hope you are a decent person on earth bc then the only people who matter can benefit, bc your dust wont amount to acsension when your number's up

DimeDR

Banned

ps munchy, did god scribble that collection of yarns you call the bible ... you said it is the word of god ... what about the heretics gospels, the orthodox clowns voted out thomas and the other codices, was it a 51/49 dismissing of the gnostics? help me out there ...

just curious what you believe bc gods word was written by other fallable men at best, how can you be sure they got it right, have you cross checked references :)

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

so munchy, since you think you are so clever but have only fallen prey to your own petard, what about noah, you believe the bible right, did he corral those beasts two pair at a time? answer that pleez

Why are you still trying to change the subject?

Are you afraid to admit that the Munchkin Man has just defeated you in an argumentative debate?

Are you afraid to admit that you fell into a logical fallacy, not once but twice, during your ill fated and futile attempts to do battle with the Munchkin Man?

Go ahead and admit it.

You will feel better.

Trust the Munchkin Man on this.

The Munchkin Man is going to bed now.

Good night and pleasant dreams.

With Blessings,

Munchkin Man

DimeDR

Banned

once again the cowards run /// defeat me? i answered your question, and you replied you just have a real affinity for faith ... do you not read my posts, do you need a juco? what a pedestrian joke you groped for ...

why do you even come on this site if you dont answer in lieu of your divine creator's artifice ...

NOAH? munchy, address that or shut up :houra

DimeDR

Banned

the nonsense never ends with the righties unable to answer anything, they claim victory and run every single time, just hilarious, im here munchy, now lets talk about you pack of lies agreed upon by the orthodox, called the bible

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

once again the cowards run ///

Once again, a typical liberal has resorted to name calling after getting defeated in an argument.

defeat me?

Yes.

The Munchkin Man has defeated you.

Get over it.

Get used to it.

NOAH? munchy, address that or shut up :houra

The Munchkin Man has already addressed this on the "Lennon" thread.

Best Wishes,

Munchkin Man

<table id="post1297504" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1297504" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);">I've posted this before; it's appropriate here as well. You post as if liberal is supposed to something bad. . . . .

I don't think that you really know what the word actually stands for, except for how Rush and Faux News misuse it. Unless you like sounding the way you do, you might want to find a word for which you know the meaning; unless of course you still believe that you are the opposite of liberal (see antonyms below). . . You're welcome. . . .

<cite>Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)</cite> - Cite This Source - <cite>Share This</cite> <!-- google_ad_section_start(name=def) --> lib?er?al <script type="text/javascript"> // <![CDATA[ var interfaceflash = new LEXICOFlashObject ( "http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf", "speaker", "17", "18", " ", "6"); interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high"); interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t"); interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio% 2Fluna%2FL02%2FL0226200.mp3"); interfaceflash.write(); // ]]> </script><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://cache.lexico.com/d/g/speaker.swf" id="speaker" quality="high" loop="false" menu="false" salign="t" flashvars="soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio% 2Fluna%2FL02%2FL0226200.mp3" align="top" width="17" height="18"><noscript></noscript> Audio Help /ˈlɪb ər əl, ˈlɪb rəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lib-er-uh l, lib-ruh l] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation ?adjective <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">1.</td><td valign="top">favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">2.</td><td valign="top">(often initial capital letter ) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">3.</td><td valign="top">of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">4.</td><td valign="top">favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">5.</td><td valign="top">favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">6.</td><td valign="top">of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">7.</td><td valign="top">free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">8.</td><td valign="top">open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">9.</td><td valign="top">characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">10.</td><td valign="top">given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">11.</td><td valign="top">not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">12.</td><td valign="top">of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">13.</td><td valign="top">of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman. </td></tr></tbody></table> ?noun <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">14.</td><td valign="top">a person of liberal principles or views, esp. in politics or religion. </td></tr></tbody></table> <table class="luna-Ent"><tbody><tr><td class="dn" valign="top">15.</td><td valign="top">(often initial capital letter ) a member of a liberal party in politics, esp. of the Liberal party in Great Britain. </td></tr></tbody></table>
<hr class="ety">[Origin: 1325?75; ME < L līberālis of freedom, befitting the free, equiv. to līber free + -ālis -al<sup>1</sup> ]

?Related formslib?er?al?ly, adverb
lib?er?al?ness, noun

?Synonyms 1. progressive. 7. broad-minded, unprejudiced. 9. beneficent, charitable, openhanded, munificent, unstinting, lavish. See generous. 10. See ample.
?Antonyms 1. reactionary. 8. intolerant. 9, 10. niggardly.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Such Fools Open your eyes and read the good book. It's not to late to change your minds before you burn in the lake of fire. :devil:

Such Fools Open your eyes and read the good book. It's not to late to change your minds before you burn in the lake of fire. :devil:

I read playboy all the time

who are you to tell me what I should be believing in ?

keep your propaganda in your own home please